PDA

View Full Version : The Offical Elder Scrolls 4 Thread

Efrem Da King
07-17-2004, 10:15
This is the official thread for Elder Scrolls 4.

All news links for the game are to put here. Feel Free to post wishlists or just various commnets about your hopes for the game.

I for one am hoping for MOUNTS

[DnC]
07-17-2004, 12:25
My wishlist of things I can think of at the moment:

- A more lifelike environment. Including more interaction between NPCs, humanlike movement, crowded cities, travelers outside populated areas abundant (in retrospect to Morrowind), NPCs mugging other NPCs, just to name a few. That's just one of the most important things Morrowind seemed to lack i.m.o.
- A more diverse specie differentation, meaning; If one specie has a bonus of 15 points for Longblade, then that character should be able to get 115 points instead of 100 which is the case in Morrowind. This way you can still see a major difference in the end and would make playing another specie a lot more interesting i.m.o.
- Better Thieving system. Just to make it a bit more interesting (multiple entrypoints. E.g. windows which can be snuck - sneaked? - in etc). It doesn't have to be Thief-like (the game series), but just a bit better then it is now.
- A more enjoyable combat system. More animations and combinations. Again it does not have to be really good, but just good enough to make it a bit more interesting/random.

Ofcourse the quests, including mainplot and freedom will be the most important part of the game, I still think the series need some work done on the earlier mentioned parts.

At the moment I can't think of anything else and I might elaborate on point one later on.

The Lore of the game will hopefully be just as interesting again as in Morrowind and it's expansions, because that added a really nice atmosphere to it aswell.

This is definitly a game I'll have to keep my eye on.

The Tuffen
07-17-2004, 17:58
I want a final boss that is actually hard as well as enemies that match your level, the amount of times that i've played morrowind and got bored after a while cos i was too powerful - it was so bad that i used to go golden saint hunting for fun - at least they rectified this in bloodmoon with its main quest.

Also i'd like to see more interaction options with npc's.

edit:just read all of eframs post. Mounts would be cool as long as they did it well.

Navaros
07-17-2004, 20:36
my wish list:

force all the devs to play Betrayal at Krondor (maybe they resent it because it was their competitor way back in the day and i do believe it outsold the old Elder Scroll games by quite a bit, tho i could be wrong about that).

force them to copy all the great things about Betrayal at Krondor, and put it into the new Elder Scrolls game

get rid of generic characters. keep the storyline TIGHT and compelling - not generic. generic = YAWN

make sure every line in the game is spoken by a real human voice actor, like in KOTOR. the time of reading text in PC games has past. that is an obsolete concept that has no place for any new games coming out in this day and age

Efrem Da King
07-18-2004, 00:44
Navaros. If we would do that....

It wouldn't be an elder scrolls game would it? It would be a mix of betrayal on Konder and Kotor. Do you have any idea how many npcs are in elderscrolls games?

Navaros
07-18-2004, 01:49
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ July 17 2004,18:44)]Navaros. If we would do that....

1. It wouldn't be an elder scrolls game would it? It would be a mix of betrayal on Konder and Kotor.

2. Do you have any idea how many npcs are in elderscrolls games?
1. in other words, it would be the ultimate RPG that everyone in the Universe would buy https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

2. yes i know there are a lot of NPCs in Morrowind, however that does not matter because no one cares. no one wants to read 10 million pages of
voice-less text. PC games are not books. in this day and age, there is no point playing a PC game unless it can provide voice characters, because otherwise, why not just go read a book instead? voices immerse you in the game a lot better than 10 million pages of boring text ever could.

you see, how many people will actually go around reading all that text in Morrowind?

what i'm saying is: having 10 million pages of text in a game is a complete and utter waste of no one is ever gonna bother to read it all, which most Morrowind players would not.

therefore, IMO it makes all the sense in the world to have less text-based generic characters that most people don't care about, and in return get more voiced-characters that everybody loves. doing so is a win/win situation

Efrem Da King
07-18-2004, 01:54
I for one have probably talked to every npc in the game.... then again maybe not but a great lot of them.

YOu see this thread is about ELDER SCROLLS.

I for one hate KOTOR and BOK doesn't sound like my sort of thing. You have your own thread for these games keep it there.

Interesting ideas the rest of you. I also would like a better thieving system. I personally would like a smaller more involved world. And of course a Half Life 2 physics engine.

I would also like alchemy to be batter. Hopefully with EXPLOSIONS

Lehesu
07-18-2004, 02:27
I don't really give a damn about recorded voices. My eyes move faster than their mouth, and I would end up skipping the voice-overs anyway. The voices would get repetitive after a while and the resources are better spent elsewhere.

Efrem Da King
07-18-2004, 03:35
My opinion too actually

Though I do hope they have it like bloodmoon. With a voice over of what he is saying as well as the text. Allows you to get their character better.

IMO Bloodmoon takes everything good about morrowind and improves it, adn gives you more.

Almost all complaints I hear about morrowind are fixed in bloodmoon. THe characters and the world feel alive. You get emotionally invested in it. The world isn't too big so travel isn't as much of a problem.

Navaros
07-18-2004, 15:15
sorry man, didn't mean to hijack your thread, sometimes i go overboard in my fanboyisms. i apologize. i promise this will be the last post i make in this thread.

just one final note: while many people like Morrowind, there are also tons upon tons of people who hate Morrowind. therefore, the Elder Scroll devs would be wise to stop resting on their laurels and thinking we make the best RPGs and we know it, so to heck with what other devs have done with the genre, we don't care we are good enough to only need to listen to our own internal devs since we are the best

if the Elder Scrolls devs actually lifted concepts from other hit RPGs made by different developers, then i am sure that the next Elder Scrolls game would be far more popular than Morrowind, and the legions of haters that you see for Morrowind would not be present at the next game release.

Efrem Da King
07-19-2004, 06:38
Yes but then many current fans of Elder Scrolls games would start a hate club even larger

chunkynut
07-19-2004, 13:29
I think some people like the open-endedness of Morrowind and some don't.

There are many improvements to be made but i still think that Morrowind is, for me, the best RPG. The modability is great, the size (huge~:)) is great and the diversity of the story (the cultures, the history, the people) is brilliant.

I dislike party based systems usually, except for fallout and arcanium i don't like many others.

Edit: Oh, and i don't mind reading the text as i always skip any voices normally and find many of the voices annoying especially when repeated 10 times

Mounts would be good, so would the improved combat and thief systems. Also the stacking of things in your inventory would be better done with, an 'alchemists bag/pocket', an diminishing ammo bag (flecthers bag for arrows with maybe a single 'hard point' to say which ammo being used etc), 'Scroll bag' and 'Potion bag'.

Perhaps also start the game (or near enough) with a home, small to begin with to put all your stuff. Also the ability to buy and sell property, and able to gain property through factions etc.

Better economics system, without creeper and mud crab it becomes a stupid, difficult, long winded endevour to sell a 40K item the 'nobles' and wealthy merchants should be able to buy unique items etc with lots of gold and passers by and merchants interact with you and ask to buy items you wear or display.

Efrem Da King
07-19-2004, 13:41
Quote[/b] ]Mounts would be good, so would the improved combat and thief systems. Also the stacking of things in your inventory would be better done with, an 'alchemists bag/pocket', an diminishing ammo bag (flecthers bag for arrows with maybe a single 'hard point' to say which ammo being used etc), 'Scroll bag' and 'Potion bag'.

Theres a mod for that. It allows you to put things in barrels in your inventory.

Fragony
07-19-2004, 15:23
Is this official or a hypothatical thread? Personally I would like to see more life. The graphic engine still looks awesome, no changes needed here. Despite being better then 99% of other rpg's the characters just aren't interesting, the only extravagant one was that telvani wizard that allowed you to steal stuff for his amusement. I feel so alone when playing morrowind, it shouldn't be that way (look at gothic2). They also could do a lot more with the day/night cycle, like shops that open at day and the thief guild for example at night, all the houses have a bed and it would be such a nice detail if shopkeepers could be robbed while they are sleeping https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/gc-curtain.gif. I would also like a better combat system, for example you should be able to do armor piercing damage when you thrust a spear, and slashing damage when you slice. The 'use best attack' option is a missed chance imo. On the whole I want more of the same but a bit more depth

Spino
07-20-2004, 00:11
What Fragony said.... https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Personally I don't give a damn for the Elder Scrolls universe, it never really appealed to me. However Morrowind had something rarely offered in a rpg; a vast game world to explore with tons of things to do and the freedom to do whatever I liked. Prior to Morrowind (and to be honest, Gothic) the last time an rpg tried to do this was Ultima 9 which, while expansive and detailed, was buggy, unstable and ran like absolute crap on everyone's system. While Morrowind has it's problems the overall experience is still fantastic.

Regarding ES4 it had better be more efficient with regards to its 3D rendering. When Morrowind was released it ran alarmingly slow on the state of the art systems of the time (back when 128meg GF4 4600Ti cards were cutting edge). The game engine (NDL, now known as Gamebryo) had no built in LOD (Level of Detail) features that would have scaled each object's polygon count relative to its distance from the camera, thus making the game run much smoother on the average gamer's system. Given that the modern Gamebryo engine has built in LOD routines I expect Morrowind's sequel will run much better, relatively speaking... it better

Graphically the sequel needs to be more 'colorful' than Morrowind. I've never seen so many drab looking browns, greens and grays in my life. I understand this may have been an architecturally and ecologically accurate depiction of the region but even the flora and fawna looked dull Furthermore the people of the next Elder Scrolls title need a serious makeover. It's rather tragic that in Morrowind the best looking aspect of the world is the inanimate objects. It was both wonderful and alarming to see the modding community remodel and retexture the default player and npc models with such beautiful results. This was even more shocking when you consider that the modders did so without upping the polygon counts and increasing the texture memory requirements

frogbeastegg
07-20-2004, 08:59
I played a lot of morrowind and tribunal back last summer, I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I could see loads of room for improvement.

First and foremost I want a game that will actually run smoothly and at full detail on my PC, back when it was released it was very jerky and prone to crashing and it is the same today. I installed it for a few minutes a couple of months ago and immediately removed it when I saw that even with my newly upgraded PC it still suffers from very bad performance. I have always had *more* than have the specs to run this at full...

Secondly I want a world that seems alive, I loved having a whole world to explore but nothing much ever happened, everyone looked the same and said the same things day after day after day.

Thirdly I want an engine that removed the 'floaty' feel from your character, jumping always felt more like hovering and running like ice-skating.

I want a better map and journal system, I want every single place labelled on the world overview map; in morrowind only the biggest places were put on the map for you and your own notes were only visible if you were already in that sector. The journal was massively improved in Tribunal, but I still want it to record more - I often found I couldn't remember the characters involved in a quest and sometimes that information was missing from the journal. I would also like it to keep track of all important conversations.

Combat has already been mentioned, I hate morrowind because it is boring, dull, lacking variety and feels very artificial

No more hostile wildlife *please*. Cliff racers must be extinct. I liked the way other wildlife would attack you if you attacked them...those beetle like enemies were always peaceful until you attacked.

Fewer fetch quests; this one applies to practically every RPG on the planet.

Mounts are a great idea; I'd love to get myself a horse. Travelling was not too badly handled in morrowind, but mounts would provide variety and give you extra options.

An improved inventory would be nice, one that automatically stacks piles of the same object.

As many have said the thieving system could use a complete overhaul.

More music and more variety in the music; while I did like morrowind's music it got very repetitive after a few hours. I can still hum that main theme today, and I haven't played the game since before Bloodmoon came out.

Economics system, as has already been said it needs a lot of work so you can sell your expensive items easily.

Rob The Bastard
07-20-2004, 09:04
Multiplayer would be nice.

Ja'chyra
07-20-2004, 09:34
I think Miss Froggy, Spino and Fragony covered it all.

Efrem Da King
07-20-2004, 10:41
I personally want classes to actually mean something. Like you know how kajits and argonaians couldn;t wear boots? well that sort of thing for all races and classes. Like mages CAN'T wear heavy armour and say Knights must join a certain guild and maybe thiefs start the game elsewhere...

Fragony
07-20-2004, 11:34
The thieving system isn't that bad imo, have yet to see a rpg that does it better. I once made a thieving/illusion character and it worked like a charm, if you get your sneaking high enough you can just pickpocket keys awesome I made it my mission to free slaves all over morrowind I made it to level 20 untill finally I killed someone (joined the morag tong out off boredom, then my mission was to collect *what were these permission things called*, killing someone in a full bar without anyone noticing was great) Without a doubt the funnest character I ever played https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/bigthumb.gif

Lehesu
07-20-2004, 16:41
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ July 20 2004,04:41)]I personally want classes to actually mean something. Like you know how kajits and argonaians couldn;t wear boots? well that sort of thing for all races and classes. Like mages CAN'T wear heavy armour and say Knights must join a certain guild and maybe thiefs start the game elsewhere...
That would kill the freedom, IMHO. So what if I want to make a battle mage, one with glistening red armor and magic skillz? https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif This isn't D&D (thank god)

The Tuffen
07-21-2004, 12:01
Quote[/b] (Lehesu @ July 20 2004,16:41)]
Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ July 20 2004,04:41)]I personally want classes to actually mean something. Like you know how kajits and argonaians couldn;t wear boots? well that sort of thing for all races and classes. Like mages CAN'T wear heavy armour and say Knights must join a certain guild and maybe thiefs start the game elsewhere...
That would kill the freedom, IMHO. So what if I want to make a battle mage, one with glistening red armor and magic skillz? https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif This isn't D&D (thank god)
I have to agree with you. If i play a battle mage i will want to wear whatever armour i like (in the case of morrowind Lords Mail https://forums.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Any way in Morrowind isn't one of the skills of a battle mage heavy armour? (when you start a character and can pick from a set list or create your own class)

hrvojej
07-21-2004, 13:16
Maybe it would be agood idea to expand on the Daggerfall's randomly created world and dungeons. Sure, Daggerfall was buggy as hell, a lot of things didn't function properly in those dungeons etc., but all in all it felt *huge*. In retrospect more than a few things about it seem rather drab (there were what, 12 types of monsters in the entire world?), but during those months when I was playing it was great, and if something like that can be pulled off with a tech available today, plus improving on that which didn't work well even then, that would be awesome.

That said, Morrowind still blew me away when I first got it. I still fondly remeber my museum where I collected every available item I acquired on my journeys, complete with wooden manikins to put the armor on. Basically, I want more of everything. Bigger and more diverse world with more variety and surprises, a place where I can wonder around for days, and for once actually worry about running out of supplies. I think the combat system would be another thing to work on, such as actually implementing manual control over different swings and shield blocks. Also, thieving could be better (being a thief in Daggerfall was really fun). And please, no more two-room dungeons with three guys in cloth armours guarding the 100GP treasure.

Nelson
07-21-2004, 18:13
Making the combat more detailed would be good if they can do it without making it so difficult or tricky that you need to practice a lot to be effective. I don’t care for games to be like golf were you need to take lessons and visit the driving range before hitting the links. That would drive people away. Folks want to play games not practice playing them. That’s the challenge in having first person hand to hand combat. And I would prefer for the game to remain in first person. I would not like compulsory third person combat like the light saber fighting in Jedi Academy.

I also think Morrowind needs more powerful destruction spells. You can develop a fighter that will fell most any enemy in one or two blows and clear a room in a hurry. You can never have a mage who can quickly kill with magic alone. I inevitably must levitate beyond reach and cast spells repeatedly to get anything done, all the while chugging mana. I know the game could be altered with plugins to address this but that should not be necessary. As it is, for combat, muscle trumps magic in a big way.

The Tuffen
07-21-2004, 19:31
i forgot that there wasn't that many powerful spells. I quite enjoyed being a breton mage that specilized in alteration + a little bit of summoning. I never went into the destruction path.

I think they definatly need to keep the enchantment a weapon/armour feature.

1 thing they need to sort out is a way to stop new players being able to get very powerful weapons at the start of the game. When i play morrowind, the first thing i do is head straight for a di katana (in a mountain but can't remember which one).

Nelson
07-21-2004, 22:03
By my count there are zero powerful spells

I think the problem is scaling offensive power as it relates to stats. Melee damage scales with strength so that as a fighter levels up his blows do more damage regardless of what he swings. Consequently, a high level fighter can defeat a golden saint in a few seconds. Whereas a mage of the same level will take ten times as long using destruction arts because a spell like chain lightning does a fixed amount of damage no matter who casts it, a level 5 mage or a level 50. Granted, a high level magician’s chance to successfully cast the spell increases but that's all that willpower buys him offensively. Nothing will make any spell hurt more. (Not to mention that he will still need to recharge magica sooner or later. The warrior gets his stamina refreshed for free.) If destruction spell damage would increase with intelligence and/or willpower then fighters and mages would be more balanced in combat.

hrvojej
07-21-2004, 23:03
Quote[/b] (Nelson @ July 21 2004,13:13)]As it is, for combat, muscle trumps magic in a big way.
That's the case in vast majority of games. I don't think I've ever played a RPG where a simple brutish approach (with some buffs maybe) didn't prove more effective than the more complicated magic strategies.

Daggerfall is again my example of how you can effectively simulate first person combat without making it too tedious. You hold the right mouse button and swing, using different swings depending on the mouse movement. You could also have a key that would make you block with shield by raising it. I loathe the system where they link swings to the move keys, like they did in Morrowind and Gothic (where it was really horribly implemented). I ended up using the best attack feature, which I would rather not do. It would be cool if various attacks would also have different effects in ways other than just simple damage numbers (e.g. stabbing is more effective vs. a certain armors, etc.).

The Tuffen
07-22-2004, 13:34
Quote[/b] (hrvojej @ July 21 2004,23:03)]
Quote[/b] (Nelson @ July 21 2004,13:13)]As it is, for combat, muscle trumps magic in a big way.
That's the case in vast majority of games. I don't think I've ever played a RPG where a simple brutish approach (with some buffs maybe) didn't prove more effective than the more complicated magic strategies.
I'm playing Lionheart at the moment and i'm playing a full fire mage character and i'm having an eaier time than when i was a fighter character (just because of all the bonuses that you can get as a fire mage)

Efrem Da King
07-29-2004, 10:09
What do you want in your elder scrolls goodness?

FesterShinetop
07-29-2004, 15:48
Well, I want it not to crash every 30 minutes... http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Sjakihata
07-29-2004, 17:40
I want multiplayer mode, with parties and everything common to a normal roleplaying game. Magicians and warriors fighting sidebyside to slay the evil necromancer http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I want a better level up system, one not based on levels.

I want huge battles, orcs, humans, elves LOTR http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Efrem Da King
07-29-2004, 22:35
Nah, partys just wouldn't work in this game, you get them every now and again. (you can hire a merc) but rarely more than one person, there is a mod that you get a team for.

Sjakihata
07-30-2004, 11:45
Wtf? How can you just dismiss my wants and say it wont work? Did you play elder scrolls 4? no, then stop acting like you know everythign.

Efrem Da King
07-30-2004, 15:07
IF YOU WANT A normal rpg GO and by one the million ones on the market.

Mount Suribachi
07-30-2004, 16:46
I want NPCs. Interesting NPC's with personalities.

I want a decent dialogue system.

Theodoret
07-30-2004, 18:40
I want Valenwood or Elsewyr. I want a full province this time, not a small part of a province.

I agree with Mt. Suribachi that the dialogue options for Morrowind 3 were not as exhaustive as they could be, and that NPCs were not that well fleshed out. Having said that, I loved the libraries in the game, and I suppose the pay-off for having such a volume of books in the game is that there was less time for the devs to type up dialogue tables.

Efrem Da King
07-31-2004, 05:49
yeah the books are kewl.

makkyo
08-05-2004, 04:26
When I saw this thread my heart skipped a beat.
I'd like the entire continent playable, no Fargoth... multiplayer... the ability to have your own ship..... better fighting system.... and a command humanoid constant effect spell.

frogbeastegg
08-05-2004, 08:16
Temporary forum's ESIV thread merged with the original; to keep all the good ideas together.

Efrem Da King
08-11-2004, 11:32
Theres a mod for of these things. THe ship mod is interesting... but not that great. Hopefully for ES4 there will be alternate modes of transport.

Efrem Da King
09-11-2004, 02:29
WOOOOT!!!

ELDERS SCROLLS 4: OBlivion HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!!!

And its got a guy on a horse on its cover!!! :jumping: ~:wave: ~:wave: ~:wave: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1259

THIS SITE HAS HEAPS OF DETAILS!!

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200409/N04.0910.1043.42476.htm Well it doesn't... But it has a big picture of concept art!

Efrem Da King
09-12-2004, 01:51
A guy proffesing to have the article has put this up on Gamefaqs.com

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=924363&topic=16244676

Fragony
09-12-2004, 08:37
no Fargoth....

Oh common what is a better way to terrorise a newbie then a homosexual woodelf? I laughed my ass off 'you must be a thief because you stole my heart'
~:joker:

Efrem Da King
09-12-2004, 08:52
*looks from side to side suspiciously*

[magazine scans are NOT allowed due to potential legal issues that could get the org in hot water and you very obviously know that. Try this again and I will test out the new warn button on this board]

CrackedAxe
09-12-2004, 13:02
OMG OMG, Elder Scrolls 4, I am ecstatic. I loved Morrowind. Sure there some great RPG's, I liked KOTOR and NWN, but they never had the IMMERSION and ESCAPISM of morrowind. I felt like I was THERE in a way I never did with the other games.

So more of the same would keep me more than happy, but if I was to draw up a wish list, it would include:

More realistic NPC's. As stated previously, it would be great if they were more like those in Gothic II: So that they slept at night, greeted each other, worked at their smithies. Maybe even sat down in the taverns and had a drink. This would lend so much to the realism of the game. The morrowind NPC's just stood or wandered around pointlessly, regardless of where they were or what time it was.

More Mobile NPC's. Lets have a certain number of them move from town to town, maybe with a pack animal, the roads and paths of Morrowind were devoid of travellers, leaving the land a little sterile feeling.

Better Fauna: Lots of Flora in Morrowind, but the animals were invariably hostile, a little naff looking and annoying. Many were a little too 'dinosaur' looking and unrealistic. The animals in Bloodmoon were much better.

A Horse! I really hope you can mount animals (!!!??) I want a horse for travelling between towns, and for mounted combat with spears and lances. To be dismounted from when entering buildings, caves and dungeons. Even better if my 'travelling NPC's' used these also.

Multiplayer does'nt bother me. Theres a real drought of good, single player RPG's at the moment as everybody seems to be developing MMORPG's. Obviously thats where they think the money is. So keeping this SP will be fine by me.

Above all, just release it NOW NOW NOW

Scipio
09-12-2004, 17:51
I would agree with Sjakihata on this one but I really don't feel like paying for an mmorpg and seeing it go that way. Some other things I would like; decent cutscenes etc. these really bothered me when I played ti the first time because even the end game movie was really boring. Smarter game in the sense of battling; I remember once getting killed by a guy punching me while I was hacking at him with a sword because I was low level. And uh, just make a really cool story line and I should be alright.

Efrem Da King
09-13-2004, 22:53
"More realistic NPC's. As stated previously, it would be great if they were more like those in Gothic II: So that they slept at night, greeted each other, worked at their smithies. Maybe even sat down in the taverns and had a drink. This would lend so much to the realism of the game. The morrowind NPC's just stood or wandered around pointlessly, regardless of where they were or what time it was."

Thats in Oblivion.

"More Mobile NPC's. Lets have a certain number of them move from town to town, maybe with a pack animal, the roads and paths of Morrowind were devoid of travellers, leaving the land a little sterile feeling."

I very much doubt it.

"Better Fauna: Lots of Flora in Morrowind, but the animals were invariably hostile, a little naff looking and annoying. Many were a little too 'dinosaur' looking and unrealistic. The animals in Bloodmoon were much better. "

There will obviously be different flora and fauna as it is set in Cyrodill not Morrowind...

'A Horse! I really hope you can mount animals (!!!??) I want a horse for travelling between towns, and for mounted combat with spears and lances. To be dismounted from when entering buildings, caves and dungeons. Even better if my 'travelling NPC's' used these also. "

There will be horses to mount.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-23-2004, 05:00
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/558/558955/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041021063822751.jpg

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/558/558955/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041021063817080.jpg

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/558955p1.html?fromint=1

Impressive... ~:eek:

ChaosLord
10-23-2004, 09:10
Very nice...but whats even better then those pics is the AI they mention. That actually adapts and changes, it won't just be a static world anymore. Although, with them pushing things even further I hope they get their engine fine-tuned so it'll run better this time around. And on a semi-related note, I wonder if the new Fallout game will use the Oblivion engine.

Fragony
10-24-2004, 17:44
Absolutely awesome screenshots, the AI sounds great too.

makkyo
10-27-2004, 02:08
I hope there is no way for me to cheat the system in 4. I would use the soultrap glitch... and then battle over 50 golden sainths almost to the point where my Xbox would freeze under the pressure. But I will be watching as more of 4 is released.