PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding avatar/profile

Ludens
07-30-2004, 14:22
Tosa, what happened to my avatar?

Both my signature and my 'title' have been reset to the ones I was using two weeks ago. And my post count seems to have fallen by about two dozen posts as well (if I recal my post count correctly).

It is not that I mind, it's just odd.

EDIT: I just checked my profile and my 'location' has been changed back to the one from before my last profile-update as wel.

Ironside
07-30-2004, 16:14
I think Tosa is using a backup copy of some kind, the Tavern for example didn't have any posts after june 14, although the profile info is newer, probably about two weeks old as you said.

Steppe Merc
07-30-2004, 16:38
I can't see my quote, my banner or my avatar. Oh well.

TosaInu
07-30-2004, 16:42
Hello,

That's right. Backup 1 and 2 are joined, 3 is about ready to go and there are luckily some tools to make the post look about right in the new forum (quoting quoted quoting quotes, quoted by quoters still is a problem). That will have to be done manually. The Pentium4 should effortlesly do the various jobs.

This very machine isn't capable to handle all the big files and several applications and doing other stuff. So the stuff had to be copied to the Pentium4 and all programs hadto be setup and configured there. Taking a few whiles. The new database will be ready to be loaded when things go as they should go. The normal server still isn't running though and the forum will be very basic (standard skin and no avatars/smileys).

TosaInu
07-30-2004, 17:10
Hello,

That's right. Backup 1 and 2 are joined, 3 is about ready to go and there are luckily some tools to make the post look about right in the new forum (quoting quoted quoting quotes, quoted by quoters still is a problem). That will have to be done manually. The Pentium4 should effortlesly do the various jobs.

This very machine isn't capable to handle all the big files and several applications and doing other stuff. So the stuff had to be copied to the Pentium4 and all programs hadto be setup and configured there. Taking a few whiles. The new database will be ready to be loaded when things go as they should go. The normal server still isn't running though and the forum will be very basic (standard skin and no avatars/smileys).

Ludens
07-30-2004, 21:02
Thank you for explaining it, Ironside and TosaInu
:bows:

Big King Sanctaphrax
07-30-2004, 21:10
When the new new forum gets up, how long is it going to take to add all of the flash bits like avatars and skins in?

rebelscum
12-20-2004, 04:04
how do i edit my own avatar anyway, i want an egyptian but can't choose one

Mouzafphaerre
12-20-2004, 08:49
-

how do i edit my own avatar anyway, i want an egyptian but can't choose one

As your postcount increases, you will gradually gain access to larger pools of avatar images.

Hth
:medievalcheers:
-