PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HTW install

RabidMonkey
08-01-2004, 06:22
Hello, I have been trying to install the HTW beta which I only recentley downloaded of the HTW site.

The error I get is this:

Textures\Men\Custom5\Custom5_H.BIF this file contains invalid data (error 21FC)

This happens towards the end of the install every time. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to see this mod

komninos
08-01-2004, 11:36
Hi,

well this must be a problem with the installation file I will contact Zimoa about it. If this is the only problem I sent me a mail and I will send you file needed.

RabidMonkey
08-02-2004, 01:54
Thanks for helping out Kominos, I dont know why it doesnt work for me I imagine it must have been downloaded by many other people. Anyway that is the only error I get and it means the mod kind of works, but there are no unit graphics in battle

So if you can find out whats happening that would be great

Do you mean you want me to send you an email? sorry that post was a little garbled. http://212.238.194.39/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Meneldil
08-04-2004, 08:51
I have the same problem. The installation always stop at 11% with a message like that. I had the same problem with the previous version of the mod (I had to dl it with the 2nd link, because the first one was always screwed up in someway).
Does anyone know when the 2nd link to download will be up ?

Armchair Athlete
08-04-2004, 09:42
I have the same problem too

Omegamann
08-04-2004, 10:40
I had the same Problem at the end of installation yesterday too.
I downloaded it again and now have the problem already at the beginning.

flip
08-04-2004, 11:22
This is strange, guys are you using some download manager or anti virus while getting the files? We have normaly alternative links for download, but not yet for this version. My self downloaded last version and installed with no prob. My sugestion. Install the HTW exe to a empty folder. Select all files and copy over MTW directory, or, zipped again the files and decompress over the MTW install. Just to see.

Meneldil
08-04-2004, 13:36
I've already tried that, but it doesn't work at all.
The exact error message I get is :
Battle\MapImage\Arid\castleflat01_3_1.lbm: This file contains invalide data. (error 21FC)

I'll try to download the installer once more, but I seriously doubt it will work.

Consul Flaminius
08-04-2004, 17:27
Same prob........... ~:confused:

enkidu
08-04-2004, 17:34
Same problem. Used a download Mgr.56k. Says can't finish install. same error. Had no problems with 3.1. Tried several different ways none worked. Download link is down so cant reload to install. ~:mecry:

jimmyM
08-04-2004, 17:42
i have this install problem also. the first time it stopped at about 85% complete saing the file Textures\Men\Fullp1Ar\Fullp1Ar.bif is missing/corrupt or somesuch, the other times i downloaded the file it stops earlier and says castle_flat is missing (didnt note that one down, sorry)

komninos
08-05-2004, 07:07
Hi all,

Apparently there is an error with one of the files. So check the other link ... I think 3D downloads is the good one.

Omegamann
08-05-2004, 12:42
What other link?
on the HTW Website the alternate download is not available and at 3D downloads is still the July 9 Version.
I desperatly want to try the new Version but I have downloaded the File from the HTW site 3 times now (once a day) and its always the same broken installer message.
As the Install is ended by the error only a few files do get installed actually resulting in an unplayable installation.
Please try the installer again and upload again.

enkidu
08-05-2004, 14:30
So we should not download it till you say it's fixed? :phonecall: Tried it again no go. Error at 5%. Could not install. ~:mecry:

flip
08-05-2004, 16:01
Ok, Count Zimoa... hope you are around.

Is it possible to upload a Rar version of the Install? I compressed it here, it gives 112 Mb. I suspect its the installer program.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-05-2004, 16:49
I always test the files before uploading and download them again from the server using the normal links on the site,and do a fresh and new install check,same result for me as Flip,runs perfect.
Really don't know what goes wrong.
The uploaded files are ok,it must go wrong in the download somewhere...

LZoF ~:confused:

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-05-2004, 17:48
Not on my home computer right now so i will have a look tomorrow.

LZoF ~:wave:

Cel
08-05-2004, 18:10
same problem here, around 11% everything dies, any suggestions on how to get it up and running? ~:confused:

Omegamann
08-05-2004, 18:46
I dont think the problem is download related.
the whole 97,8 MB are dowloaded, but the error is persistent (downloaded again from a dfferent pc and tried to install there)
Battle\MapImage\Arid\Castleflat1_03_1.lbm: this file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-05-2004, 19:02
Worked fine before very strange how this error came in a day or two later,you will all have to wait untill i have acces again to my files tomorrow on my home computer.
I will check and upload the files again.
Sorry for this inconvenience just be a little patient.

LZoF ~:wave:

themonkey
08-05-2004, 19:53
I have the Same Fault as mentioned first

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-06-2004, 14:17
I have build and uploaded a new version.
Tested it before uploading.
Downloaded it and tested it several times now,every time it works perfectly.
I hope the problem is solved now.
Why the previous files after two days became corrupt is a mystery to me,because i always do these tests before a public announcement,and the tests were also good.
It seems that we may make a update(not anything big though) yet another time so this is not yet the last HTW version,i will keep you posted.

LZoF

Meneldil
08-06-2004, 15:06
It looks like it works for me :)

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-06-2004, 15:38
Good!

LZoF

Omegamann
08-06-2004, 15:55
Yes download just now and no problem installing

enkidu
08-06-2004, 23:18
Loaded works great. Woo Hoo. Tks. ~:cheers: This HTW rocks.

Brazidas
08-07-2004, 16:25
I just can't enter any multiplayer game !! ~:confused:

Is there some especific patch for that ? Or should I buy a complete HTW version somewhere ? At what site/url ?? ~:dizzy:

Brazidas

Belem, Brazil
~:cool:

flip
08-07-2004, 18:14
Brazidas, you must play with people with same HTW version, you have'nt to pay nothing.
Contente por o nosso trabalho chegar ao Brazil, Portugal está no projecto, comigo. Até mais...

Brazidas
08-07-2004, 19:59
But is there any other version for download ? I saw some 5 matches being displayed and I couldn`t enter any ! It seems something is missing in my version.

Flip
Obrigado pela mensagem patrício ! Sou um estudante de Antiguidades eternamente indeciso a fazer mestrado. ~:p O HTW é excelente, faltando apenas pequenos ajustes, como o ano, por exemplo. Ainda não entendi a que contagem aquele 100 inicial na Era Geometrica se refere ~:wave:

brazidas

flip
08-07-2004, 20:49
Brazidas,

Mabe they have a old version, can you tell when you downloaded yours?

MTW engine dont deal with BC dates so, its a work around, but Komninos may explain better this.

Brazidas
08-08-2004, 17:16
I've already got throught it, Flip. I just can't enter any games because they are Medieval Total War games, not hellenic ones !! :tomato: I was unaware that everybody on the 3 platforms - MTW, VI-MTW and HRW - share the same lobby. So, there is no trouble with my version. The trouble is that just a few people run either the VI mod or the HTW one. That's a pity !! ~:mecry:

Thx for your kind help
braz :knight:

thirchak18
08-09-2004, 03:25
My problem occurs in game. At the end of the install it says that a file is invalid or corrupt or something. The game plays perfectly until a battle loads. After it fully loads and a popup shows saying that some kind of texture failed to load. I hit OK and it goes back to the campaign. Can you give me any help. if you need exact details i can give them to you.

I'm really bummed that i can't play battles. Especially cause in that particular battle i was the Spartans and i was gonna conquer Messinia. I had a unit of charioteers that i was gonna use to rip them apart.

BTW do i use them as regular cavalry? Will they stand up to a phalanx well or is that suicide? I'm putting them up agianst the earlier units right now.

flip
08-09-2004, 12:50
thirchak18,
are you using last version? did you followed the procedure install?
are you using default unit army size in options?

Pericles
08-09-2004, 16:24
What utility do you use to add or remove army units from the starting line up on the campaign map?

Brazidas
08-09-2004, 22:33
Flip

Here goes a suggestion about the date: IT COULD BE USED AN OLYMPIC CALENDARIUM. I know that was not exactly a common practice ont those times but...it would suit for our gaming purposes AND at least the counter would be advacing ahead in numbers. 1st olyimpics...2nd...3rd...and so on.

The main difficult I see is. It would be necessary to do 2 counters. One for the Olympics 1st, 2nd...and other for the year on the olympic eve. 1st year of 3rd olympics, 2nd year of 8th olympics...etc.

And other: Olympic counting in the geometric era ??? ~:shock:

Brazidas,

Mabe they have a old version, can you tell when you downloaded yours?

MTW engine dont deal with BC dates so, its a work around, but Komninos may explain better this.

iamac06
08-18-2004, 04:51
ok this problem is not like the one you guys were talking about but i dont know where to put it and it might have something to do with the install but i am new and just downloaded HTW from the HTW site and everything went fine in the installation but when it was over and i clicked to begin nothing happened. The Viking invasion screen comes up like its about to start then it just goes away and nothing happens. i dont know what that means or what the problem is but i could use help cause i want to play this mod.
-AC

Kaiser of Arabia
08-18-2004, 21:36
I have a problem downloading;
I am using Leechget or whatever download manager and I have downlaoded almost half (on a 56k modem that takes a lot of time) and i get "An unknown error has occured please try again" and when I do try again I get "Operation aborted on request" what the hell is wrong?

vodkafire
08-19-2004, 01:28
This is not really an installation question but more of a n00b question:
What is hot key to let you swivel a unit around or move it and face it without changing the depths of its line? I remembered doing this in MTW(like 2 years ago) but i cant find the key in the controls menu. Also the key for swiveling around an entire formation of units without changing depth of units or unit's position in the formation, in case the enemy tries to flank you and you have to turn around your unit. I hate have to make sure all my hoplites are exactly 7 ranks deep by dragging the unit across the field.

Last question, this is more installation related, is that after i installed and i played campaign games, and try to exit to desktop, the game freezes. I get this in MTW but not as often. Also, in the campaign(Geometric), i'm in the year 150s or so playing Macedonian and everyone has very large armies. but for some reason, during the "thinking" phase(where the AI decides what to do) it always take like a whole minute when it gets to the Thracians, but not other factions. Maybe they have a million units, but so do the other factions. THis is very annoying because each turn takes forever to compute.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-20-2004, 10:23
@Iamac06

You have installed HTW to a different location on your disc be sure to install it to the right map,check your harddisc where you have put it.

@Caporegime1984

Using download managers seem to give problems all the time people use them to download HTW,nothing to do with the HTW files.Try to download via a broadband connection.

@Vodkafire

It has to do with your PC hardware abilities(slower PC's tend to do this),sometimes it helps to save the game,quit the game,restart your computer and load the game again.

LZoF