PDA

View Full Version : Some beta test needed ...

komninos
08-06-2004, 18:20
Hi all,

I have remade some of the stuff concerning the money problem.

Please check the the new files (http://users.otenet.gr/~timoleon/startpos.zip) and repost back.

Thanks

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-06-2004, 20:24
Kom,

Past it on to the Beta-test team for some more feedback.Hope you will get some feedback in the Siskinies soon.

LZoF

Meneldil
08-06-2004, 22:33
Well, I've started a game with the Persian in late (classical ?) and I still earn 10K while recruiting/building in every province.
On the other hand, I've only played a few turns (22) so someone might give you a better feedback about it.

komninos
08-07-2004, 22:59
Hi all,

There is a new Economy model file (http://users.otenet.gr/~timoleon/economy-model.zip) please disregard the other link it will not work any more.

The new stuff are:
1. Holpites are cheaper to maintain (Weapons of hoplites were maintained by them)
2. Persian and general Eastern faction unit are more expensive since they were mercenaries

Please report back

vodkafire
08-21-2004, 11:56
Is this patch the same as the econ model in the newest version? In other words, if i apply the patch i won't have to reinstall MTW/HTW right?

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-21-2004, 12:29
It is implemented in the version i have build this morning.

LZoF

komninos
08-21-2004, 12:29
Well it is a new economy model. You have to extract it in the main HTW directory but just remember to extract it no dump the files there there are files in different directories.

Ldvs
08-21-2004, 13:33
The income is literally halved, but you earn enough money to tech up but NOT
train masses of hoplites at the same time, at least in the early stage of the game when no faction control vast areas.

In my game the AI still trains hoplites but in reduced numbers (not flooded by spartans ~:p )

NB: I didn't download the whole installer again with the economic model, i got it from the link Komninos posted so tell me whether it's different from the one you have uploaded today.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-21-2004, 14:16
Look two posts up...

LZoF

Ldvs
08-21-2004, 14:33
Komninos posted it 2 weeks ago so you could have modified it again ;)