PDA

View Full Version : Persian Wars Campaign

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
08-22-2004, 22:23
Any discussion about the latest Campaign is here

Ldvs
08-22-2004, 22:42
I wrote :

"First, once again that was a good idea, but i think if you're neither the Greeks, nor the Persians, you're just dead, unless you wait for them to fight each other the whole game.

The Persians shouldn't be allowed to recruit on the greek territories or only as mercenaries : I found a persian armie with 33 full stacks in Macedonia (some with several hoplites) !!! and i'm not talking about the 100 others spread across the map. Fortunately you did a new economic model."

Pericles wrote :

"The Persian Wars Campaign - This is a great idea. However, the Greeks have far too many units and money. Also, the Greeks use the Athenian "Blue" while still using the Spartan "red shield". The two colours look odd together.

With the current force deployment, nobody stands a chance against the Greeks. In particular, the Spartan Hoplites own the battlefield. And there are far too many of them to start with.

I am a great believer in "less is more". In this campaign, I think the Greeks should start with about 25% of current forces and money. Also, the Spartan Hoplite should be expensive and take a long time to produce.

When I play as the Greeks I want to be challenged. However, as it stands, there is no challenge and there is no need to use tactics against enemies.

I think, with the above changes, this will be a great campaign."

and "If the Greeks start the Persian Wars Campaign with greatly reduced starting forces and money, and if certain hoplites such as the Spartans and Companions are made more expensive and/or take longer to produce, then this will be a very fine addition to the HTW Mod.

In particular I like to agonize over the type of forces I can afford to deploy. Also, I like to build up my provinces.

Since the Persians and Greeks are not at war when the campaign starts, then this gives the Greeks time to build up their forces."

Someone else posted about this mod i don't remember who and where.

Ldvs
08-27-2004, 15:30
Even though we're a bit flooded by persian armies, i sincerely think the unit production system should be extended to the whole mod.

1dread1lahll
09-03-2004, 17:45
I think the unit production rate is too high,.. it makes for rather tedious battles, with the reinforcements comming on in endless waves. I liked the earlier version. Also morale is to high, but that was the case in the early version also. Ide like to add though that you guys showed that C.A. did not develope the game to its fullest extent. The total War engine is capable of doing more than they knew (or used). You guys took the game another step.

Byzantine Prince
10-07-2004, 19:31
I have a problem with the faction's names. None of them have any names except for some jiberish. Also whenever i look at alliances the game freezes. Can someone help me? :help: