PDA

View Full Version : Finding Older Stories

Monk
08-24-2004, 00:36
I'm making this thread for those who keep reposting old stories, no need to have a whole bunch of stories all about the same thing, named the same, from the same person, so here's how to get to those old posts

The board can be a bit tricky when it comes to updating a thread when you haven't visited it in about 2-3 weeks, at first glance it appears to have been deleted or lost. However all one must do is scroll down until you see a bar named "Display options" there you can configure how recent the threads being shown are.

Next try to remember when the last time you updated the story you are looking for, in my case i set it to about "2 months", and all the threads that have been updated in that time period are now being shown.

Once you have finished messing with display options all you have to do next is hit the button titled "Show threads" and there you go.

That's just a simple tip to those who did not know it. Remember, if you can't find an old thread, chances are all you have to do is dig a bit deeper.

Ludens
08-24-2004, 12:11
You can also alter your profile options: go to user CP; click 'edit options' in the column on the left; scroll down to 'thread display options' and select 'show all threads' for 'Default thread age cut off'.

What creates a wrong impression is that the search function does not work for the older threads, so it may seems that you story had dissappeared entirely. But don't fear, all the old stories (six pages of them) are present. You just need to experiment with the options a little bit.

zelda12
08-24-2004, 13:33
Thanks for the info, although I think it may be easier to leave the one I just posted because I went through it and changed some of the chapter order.

zelda12
08-25-2004, 19:20
Why did I post this?

Thanks

Admin
08-25-2004, 20:08
They're open ended stories Zelda12.

zelda12
08-25-2004, 20:13
What do you Mean, Admin?