PDA

View Full Version : New RomeMod v1.11 released

alioven
09-03-2004, 05:01
New RomeMod (or MODROME) version available:

* v1.12 released (3 September):

- Fixes a bug, some units were not being correctly exported into Demo or saved in .TRE files

* 1.11 (2 September):

- Added posibility to choose from various maps (76 possible maps) of variable size
- Added posibility to play as attacker or defender
- Added posibility for team battles: 1v1, 2v1, 3v1, 2v2
- Added posibility to choose weather & season (winter is always preferred)
- Added posibility to manually configure armies position and orientation, with automatic coordinates calculation to aid modders to create new battles easily
- Added manual deploying and troops overview at the beginning of battle
- Added alternate keyboard layout

Get full info and download at:
http://totalwars.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45336#45336

Thanks to all that helped with it directly or indirectly :)

Voigtkampf
09-03-2004, 09:57
Thank you!!! :bow:

alioven
09-03-2004, 12:51
RomeMod v1.12 released:

- Fixes a bug, some units were not being correctly exported into Demo or saved in .TRE files

Nigel
09-03-2004, 15:18
Cool ~:cool:

Added posibility for team battles: 1v1, 2v1, 3v1, 2v2

do you mean Multiplayer ??

naa, too good to be true.
I guess you mean team up with AI controlled factions.
Still great

Tamur
09-03-2004, 15:45
76 maps!!?!?! crikey, I must get this, forget work!

Voigtkampf
09-03-2004, 16:05
8 hours between updates!?! Well, we got to get you in the CA ASAP! ~;)

Colovion
09-03-2004, 17:12
8 hours between updates!?! Well, we got to get you in the CA ASAP! ~;)

werd

alioven
09-03-2004, 17:47
Lol, it was only a bug fix, I wouldn't consider it a "release".

I hope you can enjoy it. It's not graphical (may be for version 2.x, when I get bothered about installing Visual Studio or some bloated stuff like that), but the features are the best out there, at least as of today ;)

Tamur
09-03-2004, 18:09
I'm consistently getting an error when trying to use maps other than Trebbia and Tutorial...

"Error: Filename doesn't exist: data/models_landscape/steps4_underlay.cas"

Edit: apparently it's very sensitive to setting the season as "Summer" -- I have yet to get one to work setting it to Summer. However, leaving it as the default "Winter" has worked every time, even producing maps with no snow.

Fun fun! Just got wiped out by the Gauls on a HUGE map. Exhausted my troops climbing the hill they were on top of, and then they got cavalried.

Steppe Merc
09-03-2004, 18:31
Hmm... I think I'm going to have to download a new version of the mod for this one. But good job!

CBR
09-03-2004, 18:40
I think using winter is best as picking summer might cause problems.

CBR

alioven
09-03-2004, 18:41
Tamur, can you please send me the battle setup in .TRE format to test it?

Tamur
09-03-2004, 18:42
It's okay, it's just the "Summer" setting that's breaking it consistently. If I leave it as "Winter" it works perfectly. Thank you!

dedmoroz
09-03-2004, 19:08
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!! ~D

alioven
09-03-2004, 19:13
Hehehehe, read the docs included, and specially the official thread in the .net, as CBR does ;)

Steppe Merc
09-03-2004, 20:27
Grr. It keeps on freezing when it tries and loads the battle. It was on winter too...

Spartiate
09-03-2004, 20:29
H'mm.............seems to have been removed

OOPS...........sorry.I have it now.It's on the updated page.

CBR
09-03-2004, 20:37
Hehehehe, read the docs included, and specially the official thread in the .net, as CBR does ;)

heh actually I havent read anything, I just remembed you told me on MSN :saint:

CBR

Husar
09-03-2004, 20:44
For me it seems like changing the starting positions can freeze the game when loading. Otherwise it´s very good. ~:)

alioven
09-03-2004, 20:50
Yep, for example you could make a starting point just in middle of a non-playable zone which can lead to a crash. There can be a lot of factors that can make the demo crash, after all, this is brute modding, and not a custom battle made with an official CA editor, so weird settings just fail...

Leet Eriksson
09-03-2004, 21:08
Really great mode alioven thanks ~D

Orda Khan
09-04-2004, 00:07
I get a ' bad file name ' error when I try to use F5...but who cares, I can still play the scenario I create. Great job Alioven !

......Orda

Voigtkampf
09-04-2004, 09:25
Lol, it was only a bug fix, I wouldn't consider it a "release".

I hope you can enjoy it. It's not graphical (may be for version 2.x, when I get bothered about installing Visual Studio or some bloated stuff like that), but the features are the best out there, at least as of today ;)

Yes, I enjoy it very much, alioven, thank you for your efforts! Graphics are irrelevant, it works very well. We get much more from the demo then I dared to hope for.

I hope to meet you on the field of battle some time soon! :bow: :knight:

MiniKiller
09-06-2004, 18:02
I can't get this program to work for the life of me.

It goes in and I can load it up, adjust all troops and the like then hit F-10, nothing ever happens when I hit F-10, so I try "R" and I get a patch/error or some crapola message and I've tried 7 or 8 times already grrrr.

Stormer
09-06-2004, 18:43
Very impressive, all we need now is a random army selecter, that would be real cushty.

Tamur
09-06-2004, 18:59
MK, my first thought would be, where have you put the executable from the zip file? That would explain the doing nothing. Make sure it's in the folder with the demo executable.

If you mean by "doing nothing" that it only blanks the screen out for a moment after hitting F10, then you're getting the "something" that needs to happen.

???? dunno, I've never had any problems with it, been a great tool.

Spartiate
09-06-2004, 19:24
All it does for me is to remove all the units from the trebia battle but does not import any new ones.I'll mess around with it later as i was more than a little drunk when trying it the other night.

Orda Khan
09-06-2004, 19:26
I can't get this program to work for the life of me.

It goes in and I can load it up, adjust all troops and the like then hit F-10, nothing ever happens when I hit F-10, so I try "R" and I get a patch/error or some crapola message and I've tried 7 or 8 times already grrrr.

I'm intrigued MiniKiller, when you hit F10 the scenario is loaded, just press esc twice. Start the game using the icon in the Mod. Selecting battle of Trebia will start your game scenario. I get error windows sometimes, ' texture does not exist ' etc, I just close them and the game loads and plays ok.

Hope this helps

......Orda

Silver Rusher
09-06-2004, 19:52
Wow, this is brilliant!

MiniKiller
09-07-2004, 00:24
I'm intrigued MiniKiller, when you hit F10 the scenario is loaded, just press esc twice. Start the game using the icon in the Mod. Selecting battle of Trebia will start your game scenario. I get error windows sometimes, ' texture does not exist ' etc, I just close them and the game loads and plays ok.

Hope this helps

......Orda

By using the icon in the mod? u mean in the activision folder? I've been loading the icon off my desktop.

Encaitar
09-07-2004, 08:35
Well that's just a shortcut to the rome.exe file in the activision folder, so it wouldn't matter.

MiniKiller
09-07-2004, 14:38
K well I finally got it to work yesterday, logged off for the night and tried to do it again. I had to refind the autoexe thing but neway after I got that going and set up my men and load the battle it always boots me to dekstop, everytime now god damnit.

R'as al Ghul
09-07-2004, 14:46
Minikiller,

I can't get it to work either. I unzipped the Mod into the installed (and working) Rome-Demo folder. I can then see the Interface, toy around with it and I guess it does save via F10. But when I load the Trebia Battle it just freezes the loading screen, no error message, and after about 5 minutes I have to press the hardware-reset, cause nothing else responds.

R'as

Stuie
09-07-2004, 16:49
Minikiller,

...But when I load the Trebia Battle it just freezes the loading screen, no error message, and after about 5 minutes I have to press the hardware-reset, cause nothing else responds.

Same here. Guess I'll go back to being patient and waiting for the actual game to be released.
~:(

Nelson
09-07-2004, 18:00
alioven, this is a fine utility. Easy to install and easy to use. I've had great fun with it. It takes me back to the days of playing the Shogun demo.

Thanks a lot!

Spartiate
09-07-2004, 18:17
Okay i now have it working.Sometimes however it freezes on the loading screen.It's great when it does work and i now find i am getting a better feel for the game.The speeds while still annoying don't seem so bad when you have to cross a huge map first.

alioven
09-07-2004, 19:48
@MiniKiller & R'as al Ghul:

The FAQ and trouble resolution is in the official thread of RomeMod:

In brief: a lot of settings make the demo hang, due to its limitations (lack of some file, positioning over a forbidden position in the map, etc). As Orda Khan says, a lot of times you get error messages about missing textures or other files, and you press Enter.

Sometimes, you don't see the errors but they are there, so you can press Enter blindly anyway. The Demo itself don't hang out your PC, you don't need to press the reset button: keep the RomeMod open, start the Rome demo; if you get stalled, press Alt-Tab (even if you don't see visual feedback), alt-enter. That should maximize the RomeMod window. Alt-enter again shows you your desktop, and then you can open task manager and kill rome demo withouth resetting your pc.

Other common failure is when the Rome Demo is under a very long folder (depends on windows language), so it's better to have the Demo installed as C:\Rome Demo, for example.

**More info in the official support thread**