PDA

View Full Version : The Phalanxe

Real Deal
09-05-2004, 23:14
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/romanciv/romancivimages4/phalanx.jpg I think i spelled it wrong but there is some thing else to the phalanxe that you guys dident add exspcially to the greek phalanxers the spears were long(likeu got) but the had a special formation to them the front line of phalanxers had there spears at a 180 degree angle "stright"

-----------------------------. the second line had them to about a 45-60 degree angle

/ or \ depending on position and witch way they were facing.

and the the 3rd line had a line at 90 degrees

^
^
^
^(dident have a line going up).

This helped deflect javlins and always had a mental effect on soilders (enemys) and was a greek tradition(+ it looked cool). this would be very cool to add to htw. make it more fun to look at and have more history accuracy . But i dident make the mod you did (love it good job)Thanx fo ur time . I even added a pic so u could see.

flip
09-06-2004, 00:03
Already in RTW, impossible to make in MTW or HTW. Sprites and animations are repetitions of a single render. So each soldier are a mirror of a single anim cycle. It would be good.

Real Deal
09-06-2004, 01:02
o , o well i thought about it because i cant get RTW my system is way to weak and i cant work for some mony o well

komninos
09-06-2004, 07:20
Hi Real Deal,

This was only used by the pike (Sarissa) units not by the standard hoplite. the Standard was that in charge the first line had them horizontal while the rest had them over there heads. In fight they all had the spears over there heads attacking the neck and the head of the enemy.

Iskander
10-03-2004, 00:25
that pic is of macedonian sarrissamen not hoplights as i have the same book lol, fantastic book it is as well.