PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Honor demo 24.09.04

YAKOBU
09-14-2004, 14:14
Hi everyone ~:wave:

As well as waiting for RTW I have had an interest in another game which is Knights of Honor which may interest you. Being in England I don't think I will be able to get RTW till 01.10.04 but Knights of Honor has a demo due out on the 24.09.04 which will tide me over. It lets you play both SP and MP and if you nare interested you can find the website here:

http://www.knightsofhonor.com

:jumping:

Tricky Lady
09-15-2004, 18:28
Looks pretty well to me.

Anyone seen a preview on another site yet (too lazy to look for it myself ~;p )

YAKOBU
09-15-2004, 21:09
Hi Tricky Lady ~:wave:

You can find a preview here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/preview_6076427.html

:charge:

frogbeastegg
09-30-2004, 12:30
I've played the tutorial in the demo and maybe 10 minutes of the campaign, so far I get the feeling I have barely scratched the surface. It reminds me of a cross between EU2, MTW, and civilisation. Plenty of depth, I think, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone else playing? Anyone able to tell me how/why your population in your towns grow?

YAKOBU
09-30-2004, 15:17
Hi frogbeastegg ~:wave:

I tried the demo in german (cannot speak german) and then in english last night once it was available. I cannot really tell you anything as I didn't even find the tutorial but it appears there is one as you played it :embarassed: .

I did find the battle map and units to be a let down. I cannot believe there is no zoom feature and it is very hard to distinguish the units during battle.

On the strategy map I found time passed very slowly but you can speed this up. Every time I wanted a building built I would fast forward. I don't think the demo lets you build anything other than peasants for the units though,

I think I will be happy with RTW tomorrow and will probably leave this one alone for now.

Tricky Lady
10-01-2004, 17:46
If RTW is not too much of a let down, I don't think I'll install KoH shortly (haven't installed the demo yet and got my RTW copy much much earlier than expected).

Thoros of Myr
10-02-2004, 11:35
I tried it. Went through the tut and about 30 mins in the campaign. It was alright, I didnt know too well what I was doing though :)

If this game had been released 3-4 months ago I would probly delve into it some but with RTW here now it's just not enough to grab my attention :)

Despot of the English
10-06-2004, 10:50
I've been playing Knights of Honor for the last few days and while the battle interface is quite poor the whole diplomacy and espionage aspect of the game is very good. I find myself letting the computer fight my battles for me (as long as I leave it in charge of a good army) leaving me to get on with other things.
Currently I am playing in the 11th century as Normandy and have at last taken Anjoui! I have also finally learnt that kingdom power is vitally important because it nets you lots and lots of money (currently making over 122 gold every few seconds ~:) ) and adding to it when you can is always a good idea.
I was a bit peed off that one of the knights I hired turned out to be a spy from Britanny!! Luckily my men caught him and ransomed him for 5700 gold ~D . Also one of my marshals turned rebel! but luckily went off to plunder another province.
Overall a reasonably good game I think. Kind of like AOE meets MTW.