PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Commandos 3?

solypsist
09-16-2004, 07:16
I've actually had this game for a month (or more), but haven't installed it - it's 3 CDs!

I'm totally afraid to play it. I played the last two, and they were the hardest things I've ever had the displeasure of playing - it was fun but not "fun" and yet like the masochist I am, I thought it was a good idea at the time - challenging, etc.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone else has gotten it, and what you think of it. If I install it, there goes my life for the next 3 months.

The Tuffen
09-16-2004, 16:21
I havn't got it but would like your opinion of the first 2. I played the demo of the first one and it kind of put me off cos it was so hard.

solypsist
09-16-2004, 19:42
it's very unforgiving, but there is a definite satisfaction in pulling off a mission properly. in fact, this is one of those games where I had to "prepare myself" beforehand before playing. but i have issues with a game that makes me go through such an emotional rollercoaster when i'm just looking for entertainment.

anyhow, commandos 1 is not too tough, most of them anyway. there are now some good walkthroughs available (i helped make one of them) if you want to see the game without having to commit. it definitely takes a lot fo saving and reloading to figure things out.

it did for me, anyway.

octavian
09-16-2004, 20:15
i haven't played it, but could you provide a link. also is there a demo?

Dramicus
09-16-2004, 22:04
I have Commandos 3, Ive also played through all of the campagins...

To put it mildly, they are bloody difficult...

Expect to repeat some missions in excess of 10 times...

The Tuffen
09-16-2004, 23:36
I have Commandos 3, Ive also played through all of the campagins...

To put it mildly, they are bloody difficult...

Expect to repeat some missions in excess of 10 times...

Hmm, prob wont get it then. I get easily annoyed on games (cant play burnout 2 anymore because of the cheating ai on one of the last races).

Fragony
09-17-2004, 06:44
I only played the first, but imo it isn't a strategygame at all. You just need to figure out the one and only way to do a mission, more off a puzzle.

Quietus
09-20-2004, 04:22
Sounds terrible, Fragony. That means a player is limited to the imagination of the developers. :no: That's why I like open-ended games. ~:)

benF86
10-03-2004, 16:02
well people, now my opinion.
Commandos BEL was helluva hard. I loved it tho, and still do. as a matter of fact, I'm trying to convince a few schoolm8s to play on a lan with me. I never managed to finish it tho.
Commandos BTCOD was even harder. But I loved it even more. I got to the before-last mission, then gave up.
Commandos 2 was waaaaay to easy. I finished it in about