PDA

View Full Version : Scythains

Steppe Merc
09-18-2004, 22:52
I love the Scythians, and was quite happy that you added them in in the Persian Wars, but I was a bit disapointed by them. Three units? And the fact they were just copied from another faction's banner was a bit sad.
Not really complaining just saying. So I just let them be trainable in the normal campaigns (in those two provinces they control in the Wars Campaign).
I was wondering if the Scyths had heavy cav at this era, or did you just not want to bother adding in new units (I wouldn't blame you if you just didn't feel like it). :charge:

komninos
09-19-2004, 11:17
Skythans were added do you could run a small campaign that the Persians had against them. Yes I di not wont to add an uther units though I would not be much of a truble.

flip
09-19-2004, 12:13
Scythians had not Heavy Cavalry. Thats the point for steepe light and fast cav. Later, after Sucessors, we had a strange combination of barbarian eastern cav/macedonian tradition. The first Catraphated, heavy Parthian cavalry.

Steppe Merc
09-19-2004, 16:27
Oh. Well thanks for your answers. :bow:

Goth47
04-09-2005, 08:45
the scythians did have heavy cavalry from the 6th century onwards.they would represent about an 8th of the total cavalry though they are not as heavily armoured as parthian cataphracts they acted in the same way on the battlefield. try ospreys men at arms 137 the scythians 700 to 300bc its an excellent book with very good reconstructions in. also wargames research groups armies of the macedonian and punic wars has some more info on these fascinating people