09-23-2004, 20:58
Yes - done already!!! ~:eek:

Some dude at TWC - here is the link;
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9277

I just have to smile at this one. ~;p

Barkhorn.

Silver Rusher
09-23-2004, 21:10
Pwahahahaha, CA might as well not even bother making factions unplayable/unlockable. They should know that some guy is always gonna come along and make 'em all available!

What I wanna know is how moddable Rome actually is, because when CA say: "More moddable than any other TW game". By this, I hope they mean: "You can make new units, new events, and new time periods all rolled into one, as well as everything you could and couldn't do in Medieval.

If they simply mean: "Well, we have a new editor which makes it easy to build units, factions, and events, as well as easy graphics using predefined costumes, etc." They might as well make it so that a mule with a brain of a dead chickin able to completely change the game. If that is the case, then we'll just have loads of really rubbish mods sprawling out onto the floor. I like it how it was in MTW, where there were general step-by-step instructions on language/startpos files, but that was it. Then it isn't too easy.

Barkhorn1x
09-23-2004, 21:13
If they simply mean: "Well, we have a new editor which makes it easy to build units, factions, and events, as well as easy graphics using predefined costumes, etc." They might as well make it so that a mule with a brain of a dead chickin able to completely change the game. If that is the case, then we'll just have loads of really rubbish mods sprawling out onto the floor.

Oh, I think you had better prepare for loads of Rubbish then!! :no:

Barkhorn.

Lord Ovaat
09-23-2004, 21:42
Barkhorn, you really done GOOD! Your next assignment is to find a (-ian) command to unlock the map. ~D

Spino
09-23-2004, 21:48
Damn, the bastard beat me to it! I was just going to post a 'how to' here in the Org when I refreshed the forum and spotted this thread.

Oh well. It's a piece of cake to do it yourself though.

It's also clear from enabling all the other factions that CA must have been debating whether Macedonia and Pontus would make the 'playable factions' cut. Both of those nations have complete descriptions when you click on their shields in the campaign selection menu.

octavian
09-23-2004, 21:52
woot!!! now if only i wasn't leaving for a canoe trip for the weekend ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry:

Kaiser of Arabia
09-24-2004, 00:48
Didnt You Ever See Deliverance?

MiniKiller
09-24-2004, 04:01
doesnt work for me. I click on the file and it opens a new window with all the words and mumbo jumbo. Not choice to download in file form.

Armchair Athlete
09-24-2004, 04:55
Crack doesnt work for me either. It goes into the game fine, but I cannot play the Imperial Campaign, it returns me to the single player screen. I connot even play as one of the three Roman factions! I guess I will have to uninstall and reinstall ~:rolleyes: might need your description after all Spino

Orda Khan
09-24-2004, 12:17
I think the source is less reliable than one that could be found within these forums. Having read the link, he had 3 Mods out all with issues that he supposedly corrected and all this within a very short timescale. I would suggest we save our haste until something appears here, at .Org.

At least if you are going to load this file...save the original

.....Orda

MiniKiller
09-24-2004, 12:39
I think the source is less reliable than one that could be found within these forums. Having read the link, he had 3 Mods out all with issues that he supposedly corrected and all this within a very short timescale. I would suggest we save our haste until something appears here, at .Org.

At least if you are going to load this file...save the original

.....Orda

Agreed

Mithrandir
09-24-2004, 14:52
Can't test it myself seeing how I dont have RTW and my pc sucks nowadays (it didn't 3 years back ;) ).

But moved to RTW mods in case it does work.

Steppe Merc
09-24-2004, 20:23
Can you play as the originaly non playable (Macedonia, Scythia), as well? Cause my game's downloading right now! ~;p

Steppe Merc
09-24-2004, 21:41
Oh, pretty sure this dl's a dud. Do it manually, there's a guy who says it right in that same forum:
1) Find the file "descr_strat" in ...\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign.txt

2)Open it up.

3)cut the faction you want to play as from the section its under (either unlockable or nonplayable, and copy it into the playable section, that should do it.

Also on that same file for those who wish to play a very long campaign, you have the start date and end date that can be modded there, it says start_date -270 summer and end_date 14 summer

I'm gonna check it in a little bit!

Kaiser of Arabia
09-24-2004, 22:31
Steppe can you send me the origional file it replaces, i.e. the one that came with the game?
Caporegime1986@aol.com

Steppe Merc
09-24-2004, 22:33
Sure thing mate! But always back up! ~D

Kaiser of Arabia
09-24-2004, 22:40
Thanks! Wow, that was speedy!
Thanks, again, I'm off to Conqure Sicily as Brutii!

ICantSpellDawg
09-26-2004, 07:15
The Senate doesnt really work

if you click on diplomacy/senate then the game crashes

but the rest do - good times

looking around at all the stuff -im positive that this game will be a synch to mod - and there is even a folder for editing that they probably knew they would add later

Steppe Merc
09-26-2004, 15:01
Yeah, forgot to say that. You can't play as the Rebels or the senate, so leave them unplayable.

frogbeastegg
10-04-2004, 20:05
I saw someone mention a mod which not only unlocks all the factions but also adds in the proper map information etc when choosing your campaign, so the faction looked the same as the official ones. Has anyone got a link to this mod? I can't even find the post where it was mentioned; things are moving so fast in the assorted RTW forums. I'm assuming the text edit doesn't add these graphics ...

tombom
10-04-2004, 20:56
That thread is here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10074)

Suraknar
10-09-2004, 01:03
Thanks for the Link :)