PDA

View Full Version : The American Conquest, Total War.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-19-2004, 17:22
Hi all,

If you've been paying attention to the Wild West, Total War thread, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, I'll explain it here.

I was a member of the Wild West Total War team, but when I heard that it may go up World War I, me and several members of the team withdrew. I don't know about them, but I thought of doing my own RTW mod.

Now, it can go in either one of two directions, depending on how the team members want it. I was thinking of maybe a Conquistodor to the Wild West time period mod, spanning Canada, the US, Mexico, Ceneral America, and part of South America, or maybe just a Mexican American War to the Civil War mod spanning just the US, Mexico, and Canada. I'd like to do the first one, because it covers the area the second one covers too, and have a bunch of different campaigns you can play so if you want to start in the Civil War, you can! Maybe we can have turns like Months, to make the game a helluva lot longer, and there will probably a way to mod the lifespan of generals/kings. Either way, I need members.

Current Members:
Capo of Arabia - Team Leader/Idea Man/Possible Hero File and Startposition Modder/Historical Inforamtaion Man.
CrazyViking - Historical Information.
Silver Rusher - Historical Information/ Campaign Map.

For Factions I was thinking of maybe:
Spanish: Big Navy and Army earlier in Game, weak later
French: Decent Sized army, gets stronger later in game. Hates the English
English: Powerful throught game, great navy. hates the french with a passion
American Senate/President (Not Playable, like the Roman Senate in RTW)
Northern Americans: Great Industrial Power, lack of agraculture, big units, but rather weak after 1860, good units before then
Southern Americans: Great Agriculture, weak industry, lots of cotton, Small, but powerful units after 1860, same units as North before that.
(American Factions appear after 1775)
Mexicans (only appear after 1830 somthing, I don't know exact year) - Big army, but not particulary strong. Weak Econemy and bad generals. But they have cool uniforms.
Aztecs (Only in Early Game), - great melee, but bad ranged units, good econemy
Incas- Similar to Aztecs, but with a different Army
Mayans- More peaceful aztecs
Souix - Good Units, but weak against guns and cavalry
Iraqouis - Powerful Units, but small and expensive. Good Trade
Cherokee - Nice Units, larger than Iraqouis but still expensive.
Bandits- Control Parts West in later game, small units but fast.
Holland - In early game/ mid game, good all around faction
Germany - In early game, all around decent faction.
More Indian Factions.
More South American Factions.

I'll make up a unit list later.

Thanks all, anyone is welcome to join. We really need graphics people too.
This mod will be for RTW and will commence shortly after it's release.
Mods, can you sticky this so I don't forget where it is?
-Capo

Duke John
09-19-2004, 17:36
There will be R:TW mod development forum in the future. So your mod won't get lost among other posts. But topics will no longer be stickied unless they are really important. Stickying 30 mods becomes kind of useless and quite irritating for the modders who have mod which somehow don't deserve to be stickied.
And besides this forum only has 7 threads at the moment. If you already lose your topic now, then I wish you all the best with modding :wink:

Silver Rusher
09-19-2004, 17:37
So, are you doing this as well as CTW, or what?
If you are I'd be happy to give you a lot of historical info.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-19-2004, 17:44
Yup, Silver Rusher, I'm gonna work with both.
I really need pics of uniforms from the time period, as to give to my graphics people.

And Duke john, thanks.

I plan this to be a really huge mod, on a NTW scale but i still need to deveope a team, Silver, should I add you to the team list or what?
-Capo

Silver Rusher
09-19-2004, 18:14
Yeah, but I will probably need to spend most of my time making my own mod. I can probably make the campaign map but nothing else.
Civil War uniforms:

This is a quite useful website (http://www.middlebury.net/civil-war/uniforms.html) for it btw.
It has this-
http://www.middlebury.net/civil-war/images/trooper.jpg
and thishttp://www.middlebury.net/civil-war/images/2stsquad.jpg
http://dva.state.wi.us/Graphics/MuseumImages/CivilWarUniform.jpg

Kaiser of Arabia
09-19-2004, 19:50
Ok, thanks, cool.
-Capo

crazyviking03
09-19-2004, 19:54
Hey, stupid me, i was posting in the old thread, jsut found this one. I have a cd of confederate brass band, great for music pack. I also have good book of artwork of American soldeirs from 7 years war through 1865. Let me know what you need and I can start working on it, I have finaly reached a lull in my college madness! :charge:

jbluvchild
11-14-2004, 00:54
This is a good idea for a MOD , Ive been scrambling up things left and right cause I was gonna start somthing like this myself.But I hope you guys get this off the ground.

Triggerhappy Nun
12-15-2004, 23:38
Is this going to have the gattling guns in it?

Pakotax
12-17-2004, 00:47
Any realese date??

Plz :charge:
:thinking: :barrel:

Aldaceleb
12-17-2004, 06:05
wrong thread guys... ~;)

Ianofsmeg16
01-02-2005, 21:53
yo people,
i suck all round at mods but have great knowledge of history, especially native americans ~:cool: no bragging! i know that the sioux were keen horsemen and their horses could generally outrun the colonials!
and having the iroqois there after the 1800's is wrong(???????)because i think the British conquered them

still looks great and i'll be downloading it when it comes out

smegheads rule

Aldaceleb
01-04-2005, 15:24
wrong thread guys... again