PDA

View Full Version : RTW Multiplayer bugs

d6veteran
09-25-2004, 18:21
Two multiplayer bugs:

1) Game crashes to desktop when trying to log onto GameSpy. Takes anywhere from 2-20+ attempts to logon. And each time you have to restart the game.

2) Memory leak for the host. After 2-3 battles, the memory leak is so bad that the host needs to restart. You can tell that as you continue to host games the lag gets worse. Check your memory by opening task manager and you will see that memory usage is climbing.

3) Game play goes out of synch.

I've confirmed this with every player in my clan so I assume you are all seeing the same thing.

This needs to be addressed asap. As it stands it makes MP *IS* unplayable. I feel like the multiplayer isn't even beta ready.

If anyone out there bought this game for the multiplayer they've been ripped off and CA should apologize. There is no excuse for putting multiplayer in the menu or on the box as it stands now.

CBR
09-25-2004, 18:23
Gonna sticky this for now. So just add all bugs here.

CBR

Dimeola
09-30-2004, 05:55
Of numerous attempts to get on to play MP....made it only twice....CTD once and about 10 other times my PC freezes and I have to hit the chicken switch. So until they fixe this I wont even try to play MP.
D

Swoosh So
09-30-2004, 17:12
Strange one this completely shabby, you can only see about half of the text that you type in the mp lobby as the window chops it in half! So after every statement in that damn loby were having to follow each line with a blank line........SIGH.

I should be abit more clear as i dont fancy typing a blank line just so people coul;d read my origonal text for 2 years...

This happens when the text window is full of chat, the next person to type will have their words cut horizontally in half by the bottom of the chat bar.

Pitt_Slayer
10-02-2004, 08:52
having the same problem with desktop when i try to logg-in to MP,

i was wondering is this a problem for european player's? or are player's from the state's having the same problem also???

as i've seen lots of posts from europeans about this desktop crash.

just wondering ~D

got logged-in at last ~:) 8am gmt sunday!!!!

RTKLamorak
10-03-2004, 21:53
i have yet to make it into the lobby :furious3: .. CTD's always

Do u think CA ever actually tested the MP side? coz this is far beyond a joke ~:handball:

CelticFalcon
10-04-2004, 04:02
Howdy All im former Aggony1Knight/Falcon

The lobby is only able to hold 30 people! so if the chat lobby has over 30 you will CTD. Good way to look at this is launch gamespy instead of the game an check ever so once in a while if the lobby is below 30 so that you can connect real fast.

My problem is once i get into the MP....I try to join a game an it says 'failed ot connect to host' havent played one game yet. Ive also turned off my firewall and Norton auto- Protect.

-CF

baz
10-04-2004, 17:51
Please tell me this is not true???

I have just bought this game and cannot get in due to this CTD bug?

I really cannot believe this :(

If this is true how can CA/Activision justify having this limit? Did they only expect to sell 30 games?

RTKLamorak
10-04-2004, 18:03
hey baz,

if you ever actually get into the lobby (took me 17 trys due to CTD's).. it is only the "chat lobby" that has this limit (maybe friendly to i dont kno?). I went into the "competitive" room however, and there was well over 100 people playing.

Sadly, with all the problems surrounding mp (lamest foyer interface of all time, cant see pings, crash to desktops 95% of the time getting into the lobby to name a few) i wont be going back till this pos attempt at RTW's mp by the devs has been rectified. Il see you guys round the forums still of course, but i refuse to play rtw mp in this state. You spend more time battling to even get into the foyer than you do playing, and i wont even get started on the botch job interface within the foyer... dissapointing is an understatment

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Duke John
10-05-2004, 19:47
Did they only expect to sell 30 games?
It's so sad, but :laugh:

Lonewarrior
10-22-2004, 20:20
LOL my problem is that I can't connect to any games nor can someone connect to my games.

Is this a bug?

Jochi Khan
10-22-2004, 20:35
Is your firewall stopping you?

It can cause this problem

Jochi

Lonewarrior
10-22-2004, 20:50
Is your firewall stopping you?

It can cause this problem

Jochi

Nope, I turn it off to see but still got the same thing.

tootee
11-22-2004, 04:16
.. hmm.. there seem to be no post for bugs after patch v1.1..

just in case the one FULL time CA staff working on patch for MP happens to pop in here..

1. I encountered a situation over the weekend in which in a 3v3 battle it started without any of the players deploying.. known issue?

Dionysus9
11-23-2004, 03:50
Yes, known issue--in fact, believe it or not--its a feature. That is what happens in Arcade Mode. No deployment.

There is also less or no fatigue, unlimited ammo, no skirmishing, no wedge formation, etc.

In other words, none of that pesky "strategery" to worry about-- just a buncha senseless killin'

~:cheers:

tootee
11-24-2004, 07:18
Yes, known issue--in fact, believe it or not--its a feature. That is what happens in Arcade Mode. No deployment.

There is also less or no fatigue, unlimited ammo, no skirmishing, no wedge formation, etc.

In other words, none of that pesky "strategery" to worry about-- just a buncha senseless killin'

~:cheers:

ah u mean i had an arcade game (not familiar with other settings)? gah! no wonder i cant make my horsee dance in circles..

:furious3: