PDA

View Full Version : every thing flipped up

amir
09-26-2004, 06:47
i've been here before a half year, and the forum looked fine(except the fact i were not a member).
now every thing looked flipped up(and horribaly) the name of the people the avatars, what happen!!!!! i demand justice!

Silver Rusher
09-26-2004, 07:53
just go to the sword dojo and everything is fine.

TosaInu
09-26-2004, 11:38
i've been here before a half year, and the forum looked fine(except the fact i were not a member).
now every thing looked flipped up(and horribaly) the name of the people the avatars, what happen!!!!! i demand justice!

Hello Amir,

Can you specify please? A screenshot would be nice. Things look different, because we had to use new software. The profile is on top of a post and not at the left hand anymore. This is the default mode of this forum. The left hand mode is available too. It can be changed if people prefer that.

tombom
09-26-2004, 12:28
Hello Amir,

Can you specify please? A screenshot would be nice. Things look different, because we had to use new software. The profile is on top of a post and not at the left hand anymore. This is the default mode of this forum. The left hand mode is available too. It can be changed if people prefer that.
I personally like it this way. It may be that I've got used to it after being on the paradox forums for a while though.

Duke John
09-26-2004, 14:42
I prefer the old setup. With the profiles above the post you need to scroll more to read the same amount of text. Plus the profiles are destracting from the content of the posts, and that is what a forum is about IMO.

Ludens
09-26-2004, 16:56
I prefer the old setup. With the profiles above the post you need to scroll more to read the same amount of text. Plus the profiles are destracting from the content of the posts, and that is what a forum is about IMO.
I agree. Avatars on the side would look better and reduce scrolling.

TosaInu
09-26-2004, 17:34
My guess is that we should see the alternative, and then decide. It is unfortunately not possible to make it top for skin A and side for skin B, so it's or or.

I'll see what happens when I turn it on now.

TosaInu
09-26-2004, 17:36
This is the other style.

The is online bulb could be moved next to the name. Such are just details. Question is: horizontal or vertical?

amir
09-26-2004, 17:41
yes that what i ment flipped up,
now its A LOT better.
keep it that way.

saundersag
09-26-2004, 17:43
I sudenly noticed the change, i don't reckon that there is much difference it is just something to get used to.

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-26-2004, 18:09
I prefer this. Move the Bulb next to the name, too.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-26-2004, 18:17
I like this much better.

Kaiser of Arabia
09-26-2004, 20:33
So YOU did this Tosa!

I thought it came with my switch to Firefox.

Like it alot better though.

Gregoshi
09-27-2004, 03:53
I like this second format (horizontal?) and I agree about moving the light bulb next to the name.

Ludens
09-27-2004, 10:11
Excellent. Just move the light bulb and place the membership-tag under the avatar (because the double 'senior patron' looks rather stupid).

frogbeastegg
09-27-2004, 10:35
I like this layout too. With the few alterations people already mentioned, and the return of the last few missing thing, this will feel just like the old board.

I do visit another vbulletin board which allows the user to choose horizontal or vertical from their CP. Could be a good option to have here.

Tricky Lady
09-27-2004, 16:47
Agreed. This format (avatar to left of posts) is better than the previous one.

A question too: is there any option to change the date display settings from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy, as I just can't get used to it, even after a few months now. It's only a tiny detail though, nothing important (my life does not depend on it ~;p ).

Admin
09-27-2004, 21:45
I do visit another vbulletin board which allows the user to choose horizontal or vertical from their CP. Could be a good option to have here.

It does? Wow! I don't know better than it's or or. May be interesting, or not. Seems a vast majority prefers the old layout (vertical bars).

That's possible Tricky Lady, the mm/dd/yyyy format is American. It should be possible to change the format to dd/mm/yyyy for the Dutch interface language.

Admin
09-27-2004, 22:13
Moved the bulb.

Would a voting be necessary or do we just use this layout?

Admin
09-27-2004, 22:20
The language skin indeed allows overriding the format. Nederlands is using d/m/y now. It's possible to make an English (UK) language. Are there any things that should get changed then?

frogbeastegg
09-27-2004, 22:25
Yes! English (UK) would be smashing. If nothing else you could fix the dates to dd/mm/yy. If there are any examples of US spelling (color etc) scattered around perhaps they could be changed to the proper (:gring:) spellings?

There are now two bulbs ...

Admin
09-27-2004, 22:52
Scratching head, looks like some languages are mixed?

Tricky Lady
09-28-2004, 20:20
Thanks, Tosa for fixing this.
Just fixed to the English (UK) mode, and it looks just as I wanted it. Great work!

:2thumbsup:

Ludens
10-01-2004, 18:11
Great about the date display.

Another thing: is it just me or is there an extraordinary large number of 'hot topics'? Over half of the Entrance Hall topics and at least half of the Watchtower topics are hot. Hot topics seem more common than a cold ones.

TosaInu
10-01-2004, 18:26
Hello Ludens,

It's possible to change the number of replies to make a topic hot. It's set to 20 iirc, no it's 50, oh it's views lol. Oh, there's the other too ~:)
-50 views.
-15 replies.

We'll change that to something like:
-200 views.
-30 replies.

Any other suggestions?