PDA

View Full Version : Gamestate diverging in online battles

Puzz3D
09-28-2004, 20:45
At this point, I don't know if it even matters listing problems because it might be a lost cause. The strictserver command has been removed from the game which allows a player's battle to diverge from the host's battle without him being dropped from the game. So, it minimizes dropping, but allows players to get different results from others in the battle, and there are numerous players being affected by it. Was this intentionally done by CA. I'd like to know.

Nigel
09-28-2004, 20:58
Well, I do think it is worth pointing those things out. The more precisely we point CA to the bugs the less time they spend searching and the more time they can spend fixing.

It may be good concentrating all the things we find in the MP Bugs Thread stickiefied abouve.

Merlin271
09-30-2004, 16:24
Don't loose hope yet, CA are reading these boards I read in another thread that they understand the bugs we post here are valid and they do get forwarded on to the development team, just keep posting I'm sure it will all be sorted out :yes:

Tomisama
09-30-2004, 18:38
Never a lost cause, unless we give it up.

Oh no, please don’t stop documenting problems. I believe the listing of the Org in the game credits shows how much our efforts here are respected and appreciated.

I know the fix list is already long, and many in the multiplayer community are disheartened because the game as released, did not meet our expectations when compared to MTW/VI. But considering that this particular product line was developed as separate entity, it is truly unrealistic to make any comparisons with it’s long evolved predecessor. RTW is really only an infant, and we will have to help raise it up in the way we want it to be.

Now that the momentous task of getting the game out the door is done, considerations for it’s longevity will be next.

Keep on keeping on :wink: