PDA

View Full Version : RTW help please!

Moudy
09-30-2004, 05:10
A couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. Is there a way to display my frames per second while I’m in RTW? If so, how?

2. Are there any mod MAPS or other type of maps that can be downloaded yet?

3. I can’t figure out a way to verify if a player is still playing a MP game or if they have dropped. Other than seeing the text display when the first drop. Sometimes I’m not looking. I was in a FFA that I was hosting, and to make a long story short, either the player did not know how to chat, or I was fighting for 15 minutes by myself, grrr.

4. The console key. What in the world is that for? Anyone know of anything that can be typed in?

5. The generals. Is it me, or do they all look the same? It would be totally awesome if we could customize our own generals (of course keeping within the theme and game). Anyone know how?

6. What’s the objective in a “Scored victory” game.

I’m sorry if these questions have been answered. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve been playing MP for a couple of days now, and the game is absolutely awesome. Lots of bugs to be fixed but when they get them all fixed it’s going to really rock. It look as though GameSpy has opened up the rooms a little and it’s a tad easier to log on now. I don’t go through GS though. I continue to get a ton of CTD while trying to log onto MP. Not sure if there is a fix for this or not. If you keep trying you usually can log on within 10-15 tries. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I was also looking around for a decent ladder to join and the options are few and far between. The only one that I can find is the GS ladders. But I think we are all in agreement about GS…. Anyone know of any good ladders for RTW?

Also, for those of you that are having problems with the mouse lag and running the game, I upgraded my video card from a GeForce 5200 to a 6800 OC and let me tell you, IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE. It fixed my mouse lag problem. Just fyi if you were thinking of upgrading.

Any info posted about the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob The Bastard
10-05-2004, 17:53
Hi Mouldy,

I don't know much about multiplayer ( I'm just here to knock heads together ~;) ) but I use Fraps to display my frame rate.

www.fraps.com/download.htm