PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Factions & Changing Names

Plantagenet
10-03-2004, 19:34
I've been able to successfully change city names, add/delete starting troops, and add/subtract/swap attributes of my starting generals. But I can't figure out how to:

1. Delete a faction from the Imperial Campaign (specifically, the Brutii). I delete the faction entry in descr_strat.txt, and even made sure their settlements were listed under Slaves/Rebels. They don't appear as playable factions at campaign setup screen, and game loads and plays first turn fine, but when I hit End Turn, it CTD. Can anybody tell me what else must be done for this to work?

2. If I attempt to change names of my starting generals, the campaign won't load but dumps me back to Main Menu. I made sure to only change them to names that are listed under my faction (Julii) in descr_names.txt and descr_names_lookup.txt. For instance, I change Flavius to Gaius and campaign won't load, even though Gaius is a valid name for my faction according to descr_names.txt and descr_names_lookup.txt. Again, can anyone help me with this?