PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Mulitplayer!

d6veteran
10-04-2004, 08:17
MAJOR BUGS:

Connection issues.
Memory leak on host.
Game goes out of synch most of the time.

[note: the only thing that could be worse than this list of bugs would be, 'multiplayer cannot be selected from menu'. And honestly that bug would actually be an improvement since it wouldn't have wasted my time.]

GAMEPLAY ISSUES:

No distinct eras to choose from.
Can't upgrade multiple units at once (right?).
Can't route.
Chat sucks.

I love the single player game. It has some minor bugs but nothing I wouldn't wait for a patch to fix.

THE MULTIPLAYER SUCKS. I've spent too much time ... wasted too much time on it. When I realized that the 3 games I played tonight were all played in parallel universes to those of the other players in the same game ... well that's it. I'm not wasting anymore time with it until they fix it.

I'm actually a little ticked off about it now. The multiplayer is crap. And the funny thing even if the Major bugs are fixed, we still have a multiplayer game that is a step backward from MTW/STW.

I'm not sugar coating it anymore. CA has really dropped the ball on this aspect of the game. Hell, even beta versions are better than RTWs multiplayer.

Sorry but I'm really frustrated at the time I've wasted. As my friend said tonight, "I'm done with multiplayer until they fix these issues".

CA says they've talked to people who are having fun? HA! Most of these people are strangers thinking they are playing the same game together ... which they're not :)

Shahed
10-04-2004, 19:10
Better late than never !

d6veteran
10-04-2004, 20:07
Tell me about it. I tried to keep my chin up and look for the positive ... but my enthusiasm for the single player game simple cannot endure the horrible quality of the multiplayer.

No I'm just angry at CA. At the very least I'd like to know what happened? There's got to be a story ...

Like did the MTW/STW developers work in a separate location than the RTW developers? Do these two teams even realize the other game(s) exist? I'm serious! Whoever made the RTW multiplayer did not play the STW/MTW multiplayer.

Shahed
10-04-2004, 20:09
You should have been here at the release of MTW. Exactly the same story as now....but the situation improved over time (and a LOT of whining).

It's best just to avoid it till it's playable. Go out with your girl instead of 20 CTDs...much better ~:)

Colovion
10-04-2004, 20:26
One of the last games which I looked forward to similar to RTW was Age of Mythology. I did the same kinds of things - gossiping about rumours on the forums, eating up any scrap of info about the game before it came out - the whole thing. When it came out it more than met my needs and also amazed me by the fact that Ensemble Studios (those who developed the game) had created from scratch an entire Online gaming server - ESO (Ensemble Studios Online). At first I was pretty skeptical being a Starcraft player coming from Battle Net - but the devs really put it up to the plate and made a relatively smooth and easy to use interface. THere were a few complaints but they were very minor things such as "I wish we had more chat rooms! Why dont' we have a buddy list? Unit X is over powered" and so on. THere wasn't anything as ugly as these problems, and that's really unfortunate. How in HELL can you hype a game up so much and then totally rape yourself by not having something as substantial as MP setup even on a mediocre level? It would be like HalfLife coming out with surprisingly little Mod abilities. Unbelievable.

Pitt_Slayer
10-04-2004, 20:33
MTW/STW developers work in a separate location than the RTW developers?

hmm maybe not different location, probably different planet's ~:joker:

Orda Khan
10-04-2004, 21:33
hmm maybe not different location, probably different planet's ~:joker:

ROFL

.....Orda