PDA

View Full Version : Lupinus et Scorpionius (a realism mod)

khelvan
10-04-2004, 23:39
We are starting small, but have broad goals. In the near future I will be putting out a small realism mod which incorporates the following:

- Renaming cities and units that have ahistorical names
- Editting movement speed modifiers to slow down combat
- Editting melee attack rates to slow down kill rates
- Reorganizing some of the starting cities to be more historical, including expanding the reach of Carthage
- Removing some ahistorical units (headhurlers, Egyptian chariot units are notable)
- Reducing population growth rate and the economic model to create a slower pace of city growth and expansion
- Adding more requirements to the Marian reform trigger

These are the basic elements which I can handle because they are all code tweaks. Unfortunately I have no skinning, texture, or modelling skill and as such I cannot make changes to the units themselves where necessary. There are a ton of things I would like to do in the future, hopefully I can find a person or two willing to help out.

Also, please provide suggestions on how to make the game more historical/realistic. When it comes to requested changes, if you have a source for what you would like to see happen please link to it, quote it, or attribute it, as while I want to give everyone what they would like to see I will be doing research to ensure that such things are historical.

For instance, unless I can find some primary source that states the Romans actually used war dogs during pitched battles, the Roman factions will not have access to these units.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with all of you!

-Khel

Thedevil003
10-04-2004, 23:43
- Editting movement speed modifiers to slow down combat
been done...

- Editting melee attack rates to slow down kill rates
Been done...
Good luck.

khelvan
10-04-2004, 23:52
I know they have been done before, I am simply incorporating these things into one mod.

Cheers,

-Khel

Thedevil003
10-05-2004, 00:25
Oh...

The Sword of Cao Cao
10-05-2004, 02:05
Are you gunna reskin units to make them look historic?

ICantSpellDawg
10-05-2004, 05:45
you will need to replace the egyptian faction's culture with one of the greek cultures - maybe leaving certain units like peasants

it is strange that CA made the Egyptians with so many absurd anachronisms

but it does make the game more cosmopolitan - it would be boring to just fight greeks in the east and barbarians in the west

The Sword of Cao Cao
10-05-2004, 11:38
That it does, so leave the Egyptians alone.

Duke John
10-05-2004, 11:54
Topic moved
Mod development belongs in the Mod development forum.

ShadesPanther
10-06-2004, 14:41
I think you should change Egypt. Have the more like the greeks but give them their own personal flair maybe?

You could have it as an optional download

Sethik
10-06-2004, 20:54
How about just adding Greek units to the Egyptian unit Roster?

ICantSpellDawg
10-07-2004, 00:58
thats a good idea

khelvan
10-07-2004, 01:08
Well, it turns out that there already was an effort here at the .org to do this. So I have joined forces with them.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=33417

Cheers,

-khel