PDA

View Full Version : Want to play an MP campaign?

Pages : [1] 2

ElmarkOFear
10-05-2004, 00:45
Hey guys. I agree: STW is still the best of all the TW games. Simple, yet elegant in its concept. True to the Japanese ideal.

I am trying to gauge the interest in an online MP campaign using the same units/buildings and starting positions/provinces of the STW SP campaign.

I held something similar to this a couple times before. However, the campaign died due to the time it took for players to meet, set up a time to play the battles and to fight it and return the logfiles to me so I could update the website. I have figured out a way to play one and avoid this time-consuming wait for battles to be fought. However, it does eliminate some of the fun of playing a real MP campaign: Battles will be fought, AI vs AI, in custom battle mode. I can set up the battles, let the AI fight them, Take the stats from the logfile and then update the website the next night instead of having to wait one turn per week (If even that fast).

If you can still have fun not fighting the battles, but on a more strategic level, then this could work. Puzz (MizuYuuki), TosaInu, and a lot of the old Fearful Ways/Uglys played in one which I held and were having great fun (I think). Didn't you Puzz and Tosa? I believe we worked out most of the kinks and had a nice campaign going. Shame, everyone had a hard time setting up and fighting the battles.

Since the STW server is down, this method of fighting realtime battles would allow a campaign to still be played. You would not even have to have the game installed on your PC or even own the game for that matter. No worries about having the correct patch, when your enemy would be online, or even sending the logfiles/replays to the host. It would all be taken care of on my PC. Also, it would be a chance for the SP-only types and the MP-only types to finally compare themselves to each other.

If you are interested, let me know. If we can get one player for each faction, I will then see if I can find the rules and maps from the first couple campaigns. If not, I can redo it. I have an old EzBoard forum still around to use or we can use the ugli.com site or even use a combination of this forum for discussions

Sasaki Kojiro
10-05-2004, 02:28
Yeah! Do we pick our faction or is it random?

ElmarkOFear
10-05-2004, 02:59
Once we have a player for each faction. I will draw names and put you guys in order. From there the first pick will choose his faction and the last pick will have to take the faction that is left. OR If you guys want to talk amongst yourselves and choose which factions you want to play, that will be fine too.

Up to those involved: I am flexible as long as everyone agrees to who take what faction, before we start.

TonkaToys
10-05-2004, 08:53
Hi

in case you hadn't seen it, I've been trying to complete an online MP Campaign system that will take out most of the hard work from running such a thing.
Trouble is getting the time to work on it!

Check out my sig for more details.

ElmarkOFear
10-05-2004, 18:01
Hey Tonka that is great! I was gonna do it the old fashioned way, and use a spreadsheet to make the moves, then update each players private webpage with their moves. If you get it finished, let me know. Can it be converted to the STW campaign map easily?

Wish I had your talent! :)

PaolinoPaperino
10-05-2004, 19:44
If you allow ducks to join,
consider this one already enlisted :bow:

Chimpyang
10-05-2004, 20:59
I'll play, i'm not too bothered about which faction.

UglyandHasty
10-05-2004, 21:49
Count me in Elmo.

ElmarkOFear
10-06-2004, 02:37
So thus far we have:

UglyandHasty
Chimpyang
PaolinoPaperino
Sasaki Kojiro
TonkaToys
Tomcat
PFJ's
Little Grizzly

Just added the PFJ's and Little Grizzly. Will see if we can get some others involved. Need just a few more and I will work on setting up the rules and the campaign site.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-06-2004, 02:38
You might try the .com or some of the shogun clans forum.

ElmarkOFear
10-06-2004, 03:53
I will do that, but I wanted to give you guys a first shot at it, since you are dedicated STW players. :)

TonkaToys
10-06-2004, 09:05
Hey Tonka that is great! I was gonna do it the old fashioned way, and use a spreadsheet to make the moves, then update each players private webpage with their moves. If you get it finished, let me know. Can it be converted to the STW campaign map easily?

Cheers! There is no problem adapting it to any map or period. I'll let you know if it progresses. PS: don't have STW yet, I'll pop down the shops and see if I can find a copy, otherwise eBay here I come.
~:cheers:

Tomcat
10-06-2004, 09:25
OK, I'm game. Been playing STW for a while and it is definitely still the best. Not played MP on-line before but as I see all battles will be fought by the AI don't think that matters.

Tomcat

Sasaki Kojiro
10-06-2004, 14:13
Cheers! There is no problem adapting it to any map or period. I'll let you know if it progresses. PS: don't have STW yet, I'll pop down the shops and see if I can find a copy, otherwise eBay here I come.

You don't need to own a copy. Still worth buying of course ~:)

ElmarkOFear
10-06-2004, 14:34
WElcome Tomcat and Tonka you are now on the list as well.

Chimpyang
10-06-2004, 17:25
actually can i just play a general who is moved to diff stacks and so on, i don't think i'll have enouh time to think out everything.

ElmarkOFear
10-07-2004, 01:54
You could form a team to play your faction and have them make moves when you don't have the time. But if you are really gonna be stretched for time, you probably should let someone else make the moves with you just helping him out as you can.

PFJ_bejazuz
10-07-2004, 11:19
three of us in the PFJ have STW & would be up for some MP shame :)

unf we haven't managed to figure out how to get it going

PaolinoPaperino
10-07-2004, 15:22
If u wanna just play online,
give a look at this tread m8:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=598995&posted=1#post598995

PFJ_bejazuz
10-07-2004, 17:06
interesting thread - i'll keep my eyes out for when theres a server hosting again

we've all 5quid WE editions from Amazon

LittleGrizzly
10-09-2004, 08:59
Elmo are there any places left ?

UglyandHasty
10-09-2004, 19:59
nice, now we will find patch of fur everwhere on the campaign map !

ElmarkOFear
10-09-2004, 22:07
Sure thing Grizz. :) Let me add your name up top.

LittleGrizzly
10-11-2004, 17:31
hehe maybe time to brush up on the old STW campiagn skills...

actually this has got me in the mood for one, i never managed the more difficult clans (imagawa, takeda and oda on expert)

looking forward to this already will be nice to play with/against real people also will make the diplomacy a lot more in depth, how about each player has a seperate forum for each other player ? (if this isnt to much work)

ohh and im guessing no special abilities right... ?

and stw or mi ?

edit: 10 people aren't there 7 clans ? or is this a different campign map ?

yes i talk to much.....

ElmarkOFear
10-12-2004, 03:45
We will need someone to play as the ronin warlords. Also, it would probably be a good idea for each faction to have at least two players playing it. They can dicuss strategies and if one has to quit/leave for awhile the second person can take over. Helps continuity. Besides its the discussions of strategy that make it so much fun and if you don't have a teammate, you will not have anybody to bounce ideas off of. :)

LittleGrizzly
10-12-2004, 10:19
ahh right that makes sense...

edit: the ronins need they're land split up a bit and a few buildings added my memory of campaign start isn't great but they don't have any buildings do they...

Tomcat
10-15-2004, 19:12
Elmark - any update on the status of the campaign and the likely timescales you are looking at please - just for planning purposes? Thanks.

Tomcat

Puzz3D
10-16-2004, 20:57
Elmark,

Yes. That multiplayer campaign was really good, and you did an outstanding job running it. We didn't finish it because MTW was released, and interest shifted to that game. However, I think we did get a good rule set out of it which actually was the objective at the time. The behind the sceens diplomacy between human players was really intriguing.

I have an idea which would allow you to keep the online battles in this multiplayer campaign. CBR and I will release a mod package for MTW online play which will include several mods of which one will be barocca's STWmod for MTW. STWmod already plays very much like original STW, and a few tweaks will be made to bring its gameplay even closer to it. So, you could use this to play the battles online using MTW. Additional map conversions for the provinces probably have to be done. I could work on that.

CBR
10-16-2004, 21:48
I dont know how this campaign is gonna work but... If there is interest in having different unitsizes to pick from that can be added easily. That way losses from earlier battles can be handled and a player can use more than 16 units in a battle by simply picking some larger units so overall number of men stays the same.

This is a mod that people have to download anyway so there is no need to limit ourselves as we can add things like that to make it more interesting. But that is up to what people wants. It can be added into a special MP campaign era just for battles like that.

CBR

ElmarkOFear
10-17-2004, 01:22
Let me finish the maps and the website. I figure I will have everything up and ready around the first couple weeks of November. Then we can begin.

ElmarkOFear
10-17-2004, 02:09
I haven't played the STW mod for MTW. Where is the download so I can check it out to see if it will work.

BTW: Puzz, do you have a copy of the rules I sent to you back then by email? I am still trying to find my copy which I burned onto cd. I may have packed it up already since my wife and I are selling our house and having another one built. doh! hehe

Either way, if I can't find the old rules, I will rewrite them, since I remember most of them still.

I will post the rules here as soon as I find or finish rewriting them.

PaolinoPaperino
10-17-2004, 11:27
Hm...
Baroca's mod means having VI as prerequisites. Isn't it? ~:handball:

CBR
10-17-2004, 13:17
Yes it does require VI.

The thread can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=32693&page=1&pp=30 and direct link to download is: http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/Stats/STW_Mod_BETA5_20nov.zip

CBR

Puzz3D
10-18-2004, 14:19
Elmark,

CBR and I have a new unit stat for STWmod stat that makes some small adjustments, and the corpses are now working. The adjustments are no-dachi runspeed set to 12, nag cav defense increase by +1 and teppo given the same firing stats as muskets had in original STW as close as can be determined, but with less melee capability.

I'll look for the rules, but my email going back that far seems to have been lost when I switched to a new computer.

Orda Khan
10-18-2004, 16:43
I always wanted Barocca's Mod to get a good chance online, now for some reason I get error messages when trying to launch VI ~:confused:
I can only put this down to either graphics card drivers or direct X as this is the only alteration I have made since installing Rome Total Waste. I must say this has left me feeling like uninstalling the entire series :hanged:

......Orda

PaolinoPaperino
10-20-2004, 17:00
From AggonyBetou:
"Im interested in the campaign, cant post on org though anyone will sign me up? "

http://p066.ezboard.com/f7bear7frm1.showMessage?topicID=300.topic

ElmarkOFear
10-20-2004, 19:24
Thnx Paolino, I have posted in that thread explaining things. ~:)

ElmarkOFear
10-29-2004, 02:42
I have almost completed the campaign map graphic and will begin putting the site together this weekend. Still a lot of work to be done, but progress is being made. ~:cheers:

nokhor
11-04-2004, 16:46
i am really interested in this. i don't quite understand how it will work. would you guys mind posting updates here, once the campaign gets underway?

Puzz3D
11-04-2004, 19:13
Last time Elmark set up a website with the game's map of Japan. He could change the color of the provinces depending on which clan controlled them. Each clan had private pages where they could view the buildings and armies they had in each of their provinces. If you had a watchtower, Elmark provided you info about the adjoning provinces. I don't think we had ninja, shinobi or geshia strategic units.

Each player would email their move to Elmark. He would inform players of any battles that had to be fought and what units were available, and the players would go online and fight them. You could use another player as a general for fighing your battles if you wanted. The battle results would be sent to Elmark and he would update the info at the website. There was a mathematical cost calculation for bringing partial units back up to full strength. Inbetween turns, the players were negotiating alliances, non-aggression pacts, military access rights, subtrefuge, co-ordinated attacks, etc via email or in the online foyer. This negotiation aspect was very important to whether you were going to survive over the long term, and it was something you had to get started on at the beginning because you wouldn't have much negotiating leverage if your position in the game became weak later on. I think we were getting a move in about every 4 days.

It was really all Elmark making this work. It takes a lot of his time to run something like this.

ElmarkOFear
11-04-2004, 22:43
The reason it is taking so long, besides the fact I am working quite a bit more than usual right now, is that I am putting more effort into the front-end of the website interface to make it easier (time-wise) for me to update after each turn. I have chosen to use the faction symbols on the main campaign map to represent who owns what province. This will be a time-saver since I do not have to color in each province when it changes hands.

I also am taking the unit icons and making them into small graphic files so I can pictorially show the units you have in each province. The unit icons will have numbers instead of colored shields and Swords to represent the wep and armor upgrades. I am making an icon of each possible type of unit: Ex. An Ashigaru unit can be:

Honor: 0, Wep: 0, Arm: 0
Honor: 1, Wep: 0, Arm: 0
Honor: 2, Wep: 0, Arm: 0
Honor: 3, Wep: 0, Arm: 0
Honor: 1, Wep: 1, Arm: 0
Honor: 1, Wep: 1, Arm: 1
etc . . . So you can multiply all of these by the total number of different units and see why it is taking awhile, but it will simplify things for me in the long run and make the game more pleasureable (visually) for you guys.

I am also trying to grab some screenshots of the menu's which pop-up for battles, and other things which will occur in game. All to keep the atmosphere which will make you believe you are actually playing the SP game.

I am also, this time, trying to work out a usable way to have ninja units, Geisha and the other non-combat units. This will probably depend on a dice roll made by myself to determine success or failure. The higher level the Ninja, the better percentage chance he will have to kill, unless the unit he is trying to kill is of a higher honor level than himself.

Very complicated, but I think with the time I will save updating the site, I can institute these units if everyone agrees.

Please try to find a group of players (4 would be good) who will play as one faction. This way if one player has to leave for a bit, the others can continue on with the campaign.

As for the way that escaped units work: I determined a cost factor per man in a unit: Ex: (Not actual figures but represent the thought behind the computations)

Ashigaru: 120 koku for a 60-man unit = 2 koku per man
If a unit of Ashigaru escapes a battle with 30 men left, I will first try to combine him with other like units who escaped to make a whole unit. If this is not possible, the left-over ashi units will be converted to koku: 30 x 2 = 60 koku. This koku will be added to the reserves of the faction and usable at the beginning of the next turn. (I will get into more detail as I get closer to completion.)

Hope this helps explain things a bit. You will have to see it to fully understand it.
:dizzy2:

Puzz3D
11-05-2004, 05:22
There is a problem with the STWmod for MTW, so I don't know if it will be useable for playing out battles. CBR noticed that guns were beating units in melee that they shouldn't beat. We have investigated this in online tests, and cannot determine why guns are getting a large melee combat bonus. We've already eliminated a lot of the possible causes, and are at a loss for an explanation as of the moment.

ElmarkOFear
11-05-2004, 06:18
The one thing with the MTW mod is that there are no province maps comparable to the provinces found in STW, or have the provinces all been mapped now to be similar to the province maps in STW?

CBR
11-05-2004, 16:49
I havent played SP campaign and dont know if there are any differences but the campaign map sure looks like old STW.

I think we finally found out why some units were acting weird. All units were made to be fearful of gun units. That actually means a 6 combat point difference and I guess Barocca thought it was morale only.

Tests I just made shows gun units to die quickly as they should.

Was just about to quit the mod because of that frustrating problem but thanks to Krypta for noticing and asking about it.

CBR

Puzz3D
11-05-2004, 18:04
I think we finally found out why some units were acting weird. All units were made to be fearful of gun units. That actually means a 6 combat point difference and I guess Barocca thought it was morale only.
Great find CBR! Fear of gives a +2 att and +4 def against any unit that is afraid of you. The STWmod may work out well after all.

Elmark,

I think all the WE/MI province maps were converted. It may just be a matter of renaming them so we have a mappack for use with the multiplayer campaign. I'll look into that.

ElmarkOFear
11-05-2004, 23:50
Thanks Yuuki :)

Puzz3D
11-08-2004, 18:07
These STW campaign maps have already been converted to MTW by others:
Aki, Harima, Totomi, Bingo, Dewa, Higo, Kosuke, Yamato and Satsuma. I've converted Chikugo. We also have the multiplayer map of Nagashima and Krypta just converted 4th Kawanakajima.

I think we now have an STWmod stat which closely simulates original STW. CBR, Krypta and I have done online testing checking STWmod against original STW, and it looks good. Since MTW supports host selectable eras the stat could have an original STW era and an STW era as it appears in MI. The STW/MI era could support a slightly more dynamic gameplay.

Krypta
11-09-2004, 04:04
Just Finished Awaji so can add that one too, moving along at about 1 map conversion a night. If anybody else is interested in helping out(only me and yuuki working on the maps atm and there is quite a few left), please PM me. ~:)

ElmarkOFear
11-09-2004, 05:46
What I will do then is let the player's decide, for each battle, if they want to fight their human opponent, or let the AI fight the AI. If one player wants it to be AI vs AI, then it will be AI vs AI in STW, but if BOTH players want to fight each other, then it will be MTW Shogun Mod on one of your maps you are now creating. :) Thanks for the help guys. This way there are more options for the players, which is something CA/Activision should be doing. :charge:

PS: I actually had a slow night at work and was able to get a lot of the map I am making finished. Hopefully I will have the map up for all to see in the next couple of days. You would not believe how much trouble it was to try and make a map out of actual campaign screenshots. :furious3:

Orda Khan
11-12-2004, 17:42
I have a question regarding retextured maps because I retextured Totomi originally and my concerns are.......

STW maps are much smaller

MTW deployment zones when applied to STW maps are much reduced. Ok maybe for a 2v2 but I doubt if some armies would be able to deploy properly before the start in a 4v4. Already found this on Totomi.

Part of the map becomes a no go area, this was also apparent on Totomi, with critical areas of the map lost to the redzone

......Orda

ElmarkOFear
11-12-2004, 23:35
I do not think that there will be many 4v4 matches at least not until the middle-to-late stages of the game. We could get around that by breaking down the 4v4 into 2 2v2 games and then have the winning teams play a third game. If it is an AI vs AI game though, the old Totomi will work fine and we won't need to use any of the problem 4v4 maps.

Puzz3D
11-14-2004, 03:54
Orda is right that the usable area is less on retextured STW maps. STW and MTW maps are the same 20x20 tiles, but the red zone at the map edge was 2 tiles wide in STW and is 3 tiles wide in MTW. The usable area in STW was 16x16=256, and in MTW it's 14x14=196 which is a 78% smaller area. This would probably be too small for a 4v4. Also, the play at the edge of the map will be different since you can't get as close to the edge.

MTW does have medium 26x26 and large 31x31 tile maps which are more suitable to 4v4 battles.

Puzz3D
11-21-2004, 19:14
So far these STW campaign maps are done: Aki, Awaji, Bingo, Bizen, Bungo, Buzen, Chikugo, Harima, Kozuke, Yamashiro, Yamato.

Puzz3D
12-03-2004, 14:06
I've posted the Samurai Wars_05b (http://www.mizus.com/hosted/Yuuki/samuraiwars_05b.zip) stat for STWmod, and there is a readme included.

ElmarkOFear
12-03-2004, 17:24
For some reason my connection times out, from this PC, when I try to connect. I will try it from work.

Puzz3D
12-14-2004, 14:16
The first STWmappack for STWmod is posted. There are 25 maps in it: Aki, Bungo, Buzen, Dewa, Etchu, Harima, Higo, Hitachi, Inaba, Kazusa, Kozuke, Mutsu, Nagato, Osumi, Sanuki, Suruga, Tajima, Tosa, Totomi, Yamashiro and Yamato, and these non-campaign maps: 4th Kawa, Dryriverbed, Nagashima and Horselands.

I've changed the link to STWmod to a better download location.

Drisos
12-14-2004, 14:25
Hey, at what times would you go play?

Any place free (or make another campaign)?

I'm not that strong (yet), i hope that is okey with you?

~:eek: Bye!

Drisos
12-14-2004, 14:31
useless post. . .

ElmarkOFear
12-14-2004, 16:15
The campaign will consist of a team of players Drisos, so more than just 8 players can play. I have yet to formally see how many players are interested, but I have a list of players who will be asked first if they still want to play.

Have fun, and don't worry about how good your battle skills are, you will improve quickly with practice. :)

Drisos
12-16-2004, 10:17
Thanx, i hope i can join!

Drisos
01-12-2005, 11:54
another . . .

Sasaki Kojiro
01-16-2005, 21:30
Any news on this?

ElmarkOFear
01-17-2005, 00:24
I have not received many who are interested in playing it AI vs AI, so I was waiting until the MTW STW mod maps were all converted and then use those as part of the campaign. I am still unsure of how many are REALLY interested in playing such a campaign.

This is the formal sign-up: Please send me an email at

el-marko@insightbb.com

Please include STW CAMPAIGN in the subject title of the email. Thanks

Once I receive emails from at least 8 players, we can begin. The clans I have asked have never replied to my invitations, so I am assuming we will be hard-pressed to find 8 players to play. Most players are turned off by the AI vs AI battles and want to fight the battles themselves, which will prolong the campaign by months.

Drisos
01-17-2005, 11:20
why was Puzz3D talking about maps if it will be AI vs. AI??!!

elmarkofear, will you play one clan too? Why 8 clans(rebels too ~:confused: )

Sasaki Kojiro
01-17-2005, 16:56
Did you get my email? I have a feeling it didn't send it.

ElmarkOFear
01-17-2005, 23:12
Sasaki: I got Poali and his friends email, but none from you. Could you resend? el-marko@insightbb.com

Sasaki Kojiro
01-17-2005, 23:17
Sasaki: I got Poali and his friends email, but none from you. Could you resend? el-marko@insightbb.com

Resent, should work this time.

Puzz3D
01-17-2005, 23:17
About half the campaign maps are done not counting castle maps. Krypta and I took a break from doing these for the last few weeks. We'll try to finish the rest of them. Castle maps are a problem until we solve a compatibility issue between the Japanese model pack and regular MTW/VI.

The Samurai Wars stat itself has gotten some fine tuning and plays better than ever, but we have dropped the kensai from multiplayer since it's so difficult to balance a single man unit.

MiniKiller
01-17-2005, 23:39
I'd do it if I could take Usuegi. I'm hardly ever any other clan lol.

Puzz in ur sig, whats that mod to? I gota fix my pc then I'm installlnig stw and mtw and rtw again lol but I really feel like stw right now, what does that mod do.

ElmarkOFear
01-18-2005, 02:11
I normally have someone play the Ronin & Rebel clans. Just in case someone attacks them or wants to hire them out. If you guys want, I could play them, as they are played in the SP campaign. So I would not attack, unless attacked, and then the rebels would continue the attack on the player until they are destroyed. Plus, anyone who is adjacent to one of the rebel groups, could hire them to make forays into their enemy's land as a distraction, so they could attack elsewhere.

So we really only need 7. The 8th person would only be playing as a non-winnable ronin or rebel faction.

As for using the other maps. I think it is best, until all the MTW maps are made, to fight the battles AI vs AI. I am not sure how to handle castle battles yet, since the AI is infamously horrible at fighting them. I may just use the province map for any battles, but allow the one being attacked to, instead of fight, place all or some of his men in the castle to hold it until he can bring reinforcements. :) Using a steady loss of units per turn, this would limit the number of turns a player could hold out given a certain castle size.

Drisos
01-19-2005, 17:55
Minikiller, if you join( i'm on da list!) i won't mind you taking uesugi( i almost always take him too, but that's a good opportunity try out another clan)

no kensai = no problem i think if there would be any kensai, they would be there only in the latest part of the game and wouldn't play a big role.

i maybe would find it even better to play it all AI. vs. AI.( i'm not that good (yet), of course that will improve soon!

you could also play the rebels full attacking, hahaha ~D (they would problably win :evilgrin:) better to play as you said! ~;)
but, if you just play and build your army and don't attack, and your army would be huge after some time, at least if no one attacks you(that could happen, because attacking you would be a life of war with you, and you can't really destroy the rebels :dizzy2: )

castle's are neccesary(i won't storm them much, but maybe once and that would be a problem)

we could start when 7 players available the 8th isn't neccesary and it would only slow up starting the campaign!

do we have more players already? i've got a friend that will maybe join! ~:cool:

in the MP campaign- how will you get to the campaign? ( a link on the site or just with EA-play?) -with battles we'll have to set times to play them(if battles won't be AI vs AI)aren't we? -should we set a topic in sword dojo for chatting about the campaign, or is there possibillity for that in the game interface?

elmarkofear, i really like you(and puzz3d + others) doing this, it must be a lot of work and Togakure Ojonin(another member as you problably knew) said it is very rare that someone organises a MP campaign, i'm lucky to join in yours! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

ElmarkOFear
01-19-2005, 23:35
Thnks Drisos. Puzz, CBR, Tomi and everyone all started with STW and think it was the best of all the TW series. Since we don't care too much for RTW's gameplay, we have quite a bit of spare time on our hands, so this is how we fill in the gaps. hehe

Mini if nobody objects, you can play as the Uesegi clan. Let me know if you are interested. I am setting up an ezboard forum to discuss any questions you guys may have. I will post the link here when I complete it. I am also continuing to write and tinker with the rules, move/build form and such to make it as easy as possible for me to update and give you guys all the info you need to make your next moves.

Here is who has sent me emails:

1. ***** ***** - Is this you Drisos? You didn't include your forum name in the email. hehe
2. Paperino Paolino
3. Oskar - friend of Paolino
4. Sasaki Kojiro
5. Mini-Killer - ? (Let me know)

Anybody else interested, then please send an email to el-marko@insightbb.com

Drisos
01-20-2005, 13:21
I would be very pleased to play the hojo in the campaign(if they aren't reserved yet). and: will we start in sengoku jidai or one of the three other starting positions, or will you make your own campaign?

haven't seen my friend yet, will try to contact him and make him join!

i don't have an ez-board account, tried once but failed. . HELP! :embarassed:

EVERYONE WHO SEES THIS : JOIN THIS MP CAMPAIGN! :whip:

Puzz3D
01-22-2005, 17:05
Minikiller,

The STWmod is a full graphic conversion that adds a STW era to MTW/VI v2.01. It has a full SP campaign, but no original maps. The Samurai Wars is a stat designed to bring the gameplay as close as possible to original STW. The STWmaps are original STW map conversions.

Togakure
01-22-2005, 18:02
Ii tought sasaki was a moderator, he will certainely be a tough enemy! ~:eek:

... :whip:
Lol ... Drisos, just be glad you don't have to face Sasaki on the battlefield. He can be MOST annoying ... imo, he's easily the best 1v1 of the STW new gen players. Don't know how good he is as a strategist ... quite a different ballgame, that.

Wish some of the old superheros would come back to face him--I'll bet he could take most if not all of of them in a best of 7. Hmm, don't know why I'm advertising for him ... he's beaten me so much and so bad that I actually get REALLY pissed!!! Gah--Mimesaka Akechi--GAH!!!!

Wilbo
01-23-2005, 17:35
aw man, Id be well up for playing this, unfortunately Im on 56k... Ive never even played Shogun online despite owning it as soon as it was released :(

edit: IN FACT, I bet that means I SUCK against real people!

ElmarkOFear
01-23-2005, 20:14
Wilbo, it looks like we will be playing most of the battles AI vs AI, so if you are interested PM me with your email or send me an email and I will put you on the list. You don't even have to have the game installed to be able to play since all the movement, building etc. will be done thru email and the battles will be set up by me as AI vs AI.

We still need a few more players before we can start. So now would be a good time to enter.

Drisos
01-24-2005, 09:41
toga, then it is indeed to our luck that battles are AI. vs. AI. ~D

else we would be slaughtered! :help: :help:

if he beats you(please tell me something about yourself, what skill?)he will problably beat me too(me = still not that good, but won my first fight at expert!)

wilbo, please join us (i'm not that good too! ~D )

looking foreward to tha campaign!

ElmarkOFear
01-24-2005, 09:56
To answer and earlier question: The period will be segoku and each faction will start out with the units and provinces the SP game has. We just need a few more players and we can begin.

If everyone likes, they can choose their factions. If we have a conflict, we will have time to work out a satisfactory solution for all.

Wilbo
01-24-2005, 10:46
Its ok guys, EOF said it was ok so I am indeed joining in on the campaign :D

I don't mind which faction I play as: You cant choose the family (clan) you're born into ;)

Drisos
01-24-2005, 11:16
to remember you of my old question: can i play the hojo?(doesn't really matter but would be nice)

as wilbo will be joining we have 7 players!

bye :bow:

ElmarkOFear
01-24-2005, 16:27
Wilbo must send me an email so I will have a way of contacting everyone. I have received emails from the following players:

Paperino Paolino
Drisos
Sasaki Kojiro
UglynHasty
Wilbo
Oskar - (I forgot about Paolino's friend who sent me an email awhile back, I will ask him and Paolino if they are still interested.)
Nigel

Looks like we are almost ready to begin. Does anyone want to play as the Rebels &/or Ronins?

UglyandHasty
01-24-2005, 17:22
of course i am interested ! :bow:

Wilbo
01-24-2005, 18:42
hmmm... Any idea on how to fill those extra slots quickly?

Nigel
01-24-2005, 20:29
ahhh, Elmo, why not.
Put my name down.

I have been following this thread for a long time, but never responded as I currently don't have all that much time on my hands.

But on the other hand, I have always wanted to play a multiplayer campaign. And if this will be AI v AI for the battles, that may just work out for me (especially since the RTW patch is nowhere in sight).

There may come a time, when, after so many months I have to bow out. But old daimyos have been know to die of natural causes sometimes and I promise I wont wreck the game but try to appoint a successor.

If that is ok with everyone, I will be honoured to join my sword into the strife for the Shogunate.

:bow:

ElmarkOFear
01-24-2005, 23:18
If you can, if each of you would supply an alternative, if and when, you must be away for awhile, it will help move things along.

I will put your name on the list Nigel. :)

Does anyone want to play as the Rebels & Ronins? They cannot win the campaign, but they can stir things up if attacked.

Drisos
01-25-2005, 10:27
i'm not that intrested in the rebels, haha ~:joker:

but, ehh, will we continue on looking for players until we have teams of two? or did you have something else in mind?
if we play teams of two i could already choose someone and talk about our strategy! ~:cool:

Nigel, i agree with you that MP campaigns are way cool, and since joining the org i was always thinking of online play(especially campaigns).

good luck in all your attemts to become shogun in da campaign!(meant to everyone joining!) :bow:

HunkinElvis
01-25-2005, 13:42
Hi people. I'm new here. Is is too late to join for a campaign? I heard that EA shut down MP and that someone made another MP.

Drisos
01-25-2005, 14:26
EA shut down the MP campaigns but not the single battles, i thought.

you can join in elmarkofear's campaign, he said we (i'm joining the campaign too) are going to make teams for each clan, so there are enough places, i hope you join us too! ~:cheers:

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME ~:thumb: another shogun player in the org!

i joined three months ago, so i'm still a little new here have become full member though. If you want to become full member too, post in the entrance hall and introduce yourself to Kukri Khan. ~;)

Adrian II, another member, will problably help you getting used to the forum, in case you really don't get something(i had that too sometimes)you can always ask one of the mods. for instance: tosainu

for joining the campaign you'll have to send elmark an e-mail, you'll find his adress somewhere in this thread!

oh, please tell me something about your experience in the totalwar game(s).

bye, drisos :bow:

HunkinElvis
01-25-2005, 15:10
I'm glad to be talking to a fellow Shogun player. I can beat the AI unless I'm too outnumbered. I'll look for the elmarkofear's campaign in this thread. ~:)

ElmarkOFear
01-25-2005, 21:07
Hunkin grab a teammate and everybody choose a faction. :) Hopefully we can get one alternate for each of the factions, if not, we will begin. So grab a partner and pick a faction everyone. If two of you want the same faction then team up. :) Its more fun that way anyways.

~:)

UglyandHasty
01-25-2005, 21:11
Mori for me please.

PaolinoPaperino
01-25-2005, 21:31
Oda ?
Can Oda be our clan?

:duel: :charge:

ElmarkOFear
01-26-2005, 00:26
Here is the first round of faction selection:

Drisos & Wilbo: Hojo
Hasty & Grey: Mori
Paolino: Oda
Hunkin Elvis & Oaty: Shimazu
Nigel & Steeleye: Takeda
Lord Hornburg: Ronin & Rebels
Minikiller & Brightb: Uesegi

Everyone else pick a faction to see if we have any duplicates. If anybody else joins they can team up with someone.

Wilbo
01-26-2005, 00:40
Im not bothered who me faction is, or who my partner is so you can set me up with someone EOF :D

HunkinElvis
01-26-2005, 07:20
I'll play as Shimazu.

Drisos
01-26-2005, 09:04
that's a good idea hunkin elvis(strange name btw ~;) )i'm playing the game only three months and have tried out two shimazu campaigns, they were both much fun!

elmarkofear, minikiller wanted the uesugi clan i thought, so you can add him to the list!

hunkin E, did you mean you can beat AI at expert in battles, then you're better then me :embarassed: , i haven't tried any expert campaigns but have recently won a few battles at the highest niveau! ~:cool:

HunkinElvis
01-26-2005, 18:51
(strange name btw ~;) )
I'm so confident in a Total War battle that I have the audacity to use that name. (J/K)~D

hunkin E, did you mean you can beat AI at expert in battles, then you're better then me :embarassed: , i haven't tried any expert campaigns but have recently won a few battles at the highest niveau! ~:cool:

I didn't play Shogun ever since I bought VI. I might need some practice.

Btw- are the campaign AI battles going to be set on expert?

Nigel
01-26-2005, 21:27
Greetings gentlemen,

It is a pleasure and honour to be taking part in this game. :bow:

It is also my great pleasure to introduce to you the very honourable KyodaiSteeleye-san, a samurai of noble birth, who will be taking the position as my councillor and first tashio and to whom I shall entrust the fate of my lands in times when other duties should call my attention away.

Now for choosing the faction.... Elmo, is there a site where the starting map is displayed? Or are we using the original STW one?

edit :
Is Takeda still free ?

ElmarkOFear
01-27-2005, 03:48
Nigel: The original STW one. Same units/buildings/provinces at start. Please have Steeleye send me an email, so I can keep him informed of all the action as well. I will put you down for Takeda.

Minikiller never sent me an email. I will PM him to see if he is still interested.

Drisos
01-27-2005, 09:44
Btw- are the campaign AI battles going to be set on expert?

i thought that is was AI vs AI , so it won't matter what niveau it is. ~;)

No one else wants the hojo?
Wilbo, maybe you can join me with the hojo clan, ~:cheers: as you don't care about which clan you have.

Wilbo
01-27-2005, 12:47
Sure thing: Ill go Hojo with Drisos for the richest lands in all Japan :)

:charge:

Drisos
01-28-2005, 11:16
everybody look out for the new born hojo team!

we're gonna kick some ass!

joking! :bow:

Drisos
01-28-2005, 12:14
EA shut down the MP campaigns but not the single battles, i thought.

hehe, i must have misunderstood someone else, campaigns have never been run MP EA, luckily elmarko does. ~:thumb:

EA stopped with the MP battles, i don't know why. I wasn't playing it anyway(i thought i was going to be slaughtered in MP, but when i wanted to, EA had already shut down the MP) ~:confused:

hasn't sasaki told you what clan yet?? maybe he's like wilbo, doesn't matter what clan. I like that opinion, but do really prefer some clans.

good luck! :bow:

Lord Hornburg
01-28-2005, 17:13
I'm very new here but i have played some Shogun and this sounds ibteresting i'll play rebels & ronin if noone else is! ~:)

ElmarkOFear
01-28-2005, 23:00
THanks for joining us Lord Hornburg. I will place you down as the Ronin/Rebels then. Please send me an email at the address in previous posts here.

Welcome ~:)

Wilbo
01-29-2005, 01:41
Hows the campaign coming along Elmark? ~:)

ElmarkOFear
01-29-2005, 03:21
How annoying: I just wrote a very long description of how the after battle will be handled to discuss until we get all the players for each faction and I get a "Server is Busy" message and it would not take me back to my submitted post to try again. SIGH

ElmarkOFear
01-29-2005, 03:33
Here's the quick version:

Each type unit will be assigned a per unit value:

Example: Not actual figures from the campaign:

No Dachi = 60-man unit
This unit costs 120 koku
This equals 120 / 60 = 2 koku per unit

You fight a battle and have 40 No Dachi left in one group, 30 left in the other. They are of the same Honor level, wep & arm upgrade.

These units are combined to form a whole unit and a partial unit:
40+30 = 70, so you have a full unit of 60 No Dachi and a partial unit of 10 No Dachi. The 60-man unit can continue on into the next province if it likes on the next turn. The partial unit will be sold and you will receive 10 x 2 koku per No Dachi = 20 koku You will receive this amount of koku at the beginning of your next turn to spend as you wish.

There is one addendum to this rule: Let's say you end up with a partial unit containing 59 men. It would be wrong to force you to sell of this almost perfect unit. Instead, it was decided during the last campaign that if a partial unit is 40 men or more strong, you may purchase men to bring it up to full strenght at the beginning of the next turn. The "40" is arbitrary and I will let the majority decide here what that number should be.

The reason that the simple method of selling off ALL partial units was a problem in the previous campaigns was; it punished the player for having balanced armies consisting of several different unit types. An army consisting of a all the same type units was more effective.

Does this sound acceptable? Are there any questions over this small portion of the campaign rules? We have a bit of time before we fill up the last few spots it looks like, so we can discuss this since it was one of the bigger issues in previous campaigns.

Lord Hornburg
01-29-2005, 08:22
Fine by me

ElmarkOFear
01-29-2005, 09:54
Lord Hornburg: I do not want to mention your name in case you do not want it known, but did you just send me an email? It did not have a username, but I am assuming it is yours due to the timing.

Welcome aboard.

Lord Hornburg
01-29-2005, 13:27
Yes it was me thanks for not mentioning my name

Wilbo
01-29-2005, 14:01
Thats ok, JACK! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Elmark, 40 sounds good to me, do you need some help running this campaign? It must be a heavy task considering you don't even get to play :(

Are you sure that you shouldnt be controlling Rebels & Ronin?

thanks for setting this up by the way, its a really good idea :bow:

ElmarkOFear
01-29-2005, 18:06
TosaInu, Puzz3D, and a lot of the Ugly's played in the last campaign, which was cancelled due to the release of MTW and problems with the EA server being up and running. I believe they had fun, but you will have to ask them. :) It is a lot of work, but I have made it a little easier for me with updating the website, which was the major time-consuming part of the whole thing.

Wilbo
01-29-2005, 23:52
ooh one worry I had about disposing of damaged units is that units tend to go up an Honour level when they have lost around 50% of their warriors, so we may never get 'battle hardened' units...

ElmarkOFear
01-30-2005, 01:06
There is no honor increase for units, except for commanding units. They increase 1 honor level for every 4 battles won, up to a max of 9. So to get to a 9 level for your commander/general you must win 36 battles. Of course high level ninjas could possibly kill them, so it would behoove you to protect your generals within in a borderfort province or with your own ninjas.

Lord Hornburg
01-30-2005, 16:39
How's progress?

Nigel
01-30-2005, 23:45
40/60 units that's 66% and you are allowed to refill - sounds ok to me.

Elmark, you have done this sort of thing before and probably have a very good idea now of what works and what does not. So there is no use re-inventing the wheel and I'll be quite happy to go by your suggestions.

Is there a manual or something like this where we can read up the rules?
I guess you are working on this just now ~D

ElmarkOFear
01-31-2005, 02:05
Nigel:

I am trying to put it into some sort of organized way so it will be easy to understand and not so "dry" to read. Maybe I will use an example of how a turn would go:

1. Where and how to find the info. on your faction, provinces, buildings and units.
2. How to submit your moves.
3. How to check the website update to make sure no error were made in processing the info.
4. A list of buildings: Their pre-reqs., cost, time-to-build, what bonuses they add or what units they provide.
5. A list of units: Their cost, pre-reqs., time-to-train.
6. A list of every province: Its koku generated per turn, its buildings, its units, its features and silver, gold, iron etc . .
7. Special rules for units/buildings/etc . .

I still haven't heard from a lot of people who initially said they were interested or ones who are but haven't chosen a faction yet. Feel free to go to the other forums and recruit a few players so we can begin. From past experience, we REALLY need 2 players for each faction to have any chance at a timely campaign.

HunkinElvis
02-03-2005, 10:54
Are the number of units going to be the same as the one in STW or WE? Or does STW and WE begin with the same number of units?

-Btw, I can't edit my posts. I click on the edit button and nothing happens.

ElmarkOFear
02-03-2005, 14:49
I believe the starting units etc . . are the same between the two versions. However, I used the WE version to establish the initial setup.

HunkinElvis
02-03-2005, 17:15
Thanks.
Pardon me for asking so many questions ~;) but I came up with another one.
Will I be able to call off an attack? Total War let's us do that. I don't want to attack if I know that I'm outnumbered.

ElmarkOFear
02-04-2005, 01:11
You will be be given the option of retreating to a nearby province, before the battle is set up and thus giving up the province to the enemy. To speed things up and have it where we are not waiting on a response, if I do not hear from either player about them wanting to retreat within a few days, then the battle will be fought and the results tabulated.

There will also be pillaging. If I remember correctly when you win a province, the province's buildings are reduced by one castle-size and all buildings which require the bigger castle size, will be destroyed as well. You will then have the option of pillaging the any or all of the buildings in that province and using the koku gained at the beginning of your next turn. I think the koku value of each building destroyed/sold is 1/2 the normal cost of building that building. I will have to double-check to make sure.

PS: Forgot to state that the only info you will get before the battle is how many men there are of the enemy. No detailed army information will be given unless you have a spy there in the province at the time of the battle. This keeps you from doing some "cheap" recon. of the province without risking any of your units. :)

Nigel
02-08-2005, 20:10
Hasty: Mori
Hunkin Elvis: Shimazu

Is this still the up to date player list ?
Are we still looking for players to get started ?

If you want, Elmo, I could pass the word to the old Bandits and Mercenaries and see if anyone of them would be interested.

ElmarkOFear
02-08-2005, 21:45
Yes please do Nigel. I am afraid with the RTW patch and the MTW/VI Samurai Wars mod, we might not get the people interested and having enough time to play.

Thanks. ~:)

Wilbo
02-09-2005, 00:17
We could just have one player to each clan, granted it might take longer to get a response but at least we could start tomorrow! I'm sure we could get through a turn or two a day, certainly if it was done via PM to me (I cant get email from work) I could respond 2/3 times per day...

If someone didnt respond for 24 hours we could just skip there turn, letting them gain some funds, or if it was a battle we could presume their army was 'ambushed' and had no time to withdraw!

Lord Hornburg
02-09-2005, 08:04
Any date Elmo

Nigel
02-09-2005, 19:21
hmmm, 24 h per turn is tough going, Wilbo.
Also, that won't leave us any room at all for diplomacy.

I would settle for something like a week per turn. That has worked reasonably well in the past.
Just my thoughts, anyway.

Wilbo
02-09-2005, 19:35
1 WEEK!??!?!?!? omg, it could take 7 weeks for you to get to the second season... ~:)

Lord Hornburg
02-10-2005, 08:13
1 Day Prefrably ~:)

Lord Hornburg
02-10-2005, 16:25
Elmo are you here? You havent answered my question yet.

Drisos
02-15-2005, 13:11
sorry for my absence, back now . ..

Drisos
02-23-2005, 15:13
Finally got the chance to read what i missed during my absence, looks like i almost missed the start of the campaign.

who can tell me the current clan list + the players?

Lord Hornburg
03-01-2005, 20:17
Guys are we still doing this or what? I mean no ones said anything about so is it still on?

ElmarkOFear
03-02-2005, 04:58
We still need at least two people per faction. I have found, from past experience, if you only have one player per faction, someone inevitably holds up the game. For example: Drisos was away for awhile . . not his fault, but things happen during the course of a long campaign such as this, and if there is not another person to pick up the slack the game will falter.

See if you guys can recruit other players to team up with. Good luck. It looks like most have moved on to other games, or are playing RTW now. I could not interest any clan in participating either. That is always a problem with a game over 4 years old. :) Maybe we will get lucky though.

Wilbo
03-02-2005, 10:56
Couldnt we stick the lands of one faction into Rebels & Ronin! Imagawa would be good for this as their lands are split up.

Oaty
03-02-2005, 11:10
I'm up for adoption ~:cheers:

I briefly read up on the posts in this and will read em all when I get the chance. Anyways I prefer a long life so the Mori or Shimazu clan preferably. Hojo in the corner might do. I could be a servant of lord taco but that's only when I have the munchies

Hmmm CA so quiet and an expansion in the works ........ Rome Total MultiWar..... wishful thinking.............

But then again considering the majority of popular games is multiplayer FPS.... and the FPS camera

But until then when I see FPS games with an optional strategy cam then I'll know the strategy games have taken hold

Drisos
03-02-2005, 11:12
I say: good idea wilbo!!

Lord Hornburg
03-02-2005, 15:38
I dont think we are going to get any other players so go Wilbos idea!!

Drisos
03-03-2005, 08:36
[QUOTE=Lord Hornburg]I dont think we are going to get any other players[QUOTE]

new player: oaty!!!! ~:cool:

Lord Hornburg
03-03-2005, 17:03
Okay after oaty

but welcome aboard!!!!

Nigel
03-03-2005, 18:38
Yes, wellcome aboard Oaty.

And Wilbo's idea of going with a reduced number of factionis sounds good to me. Otherwise we might be in for a looong wait to fill all places.

That said, I will be away between 11th and 22nd of March, but will gladly place the rule of my lands into the hands of my trusted first minister KyodaiSteeleye (hence Elmo's insistng on 2 players per faction ~;) )

Would still be happy to see this taking off ~:cool:

Oaty
03-08-2005, 17:36
PS: Forgot to state that the only info you will get before the battle is how many men there are of the enemy. No detailed army information will be given unless you have a spy there in the province at the time of the battle. This keeps you from doing some "cheap" recon. of the province without risking any of your units. :)

Sounds good to me but 1 question

will it be just numbers or number of cavalry and number of infantry.

Also what might add a bit of flavour to this game would be each faction gets a specialty unit. Not an extra unit but plus 1 valour for that type. So Shimazu get's plus 1 valour for there no dachis and so on. Or will it be added in by wich province it was trained in just like it was in the campaign map for single player.

Well anyways I read up on all the posts and wich clan will I be with

Gray
03-19-2005, 09:54
Hi!
I would like to join your MP campaign!
still looking for players?
and I have a question:
does the times deffrence between the states will matter?

Lord Hornburg
03-20-2005, 07:09
I think it would be fine for you to join.

But as to your question i have no idea. sorry.

Wilbo
03-20-2005, 11:15
Hi Gray,

I believe we are still looking for one person so it shouldnt be a problem for you to join. Time differences will not affect the campaign... I believe there will be a week for each person to take their turn.

I hope Elmark hasnt given up on the idea without telling us :(

Gray
03-20-2005, 16:02
cool then!
I'll start reading this forum to updated...

For how long have you being planning of doing this?

I need to introduce myself right?

Gray
03-20-2005, 16:20
Ok look , sorry for spamming but ...
I started to read this discussion from it's start, there are a lot of things I really dont need to know so I thought of asking one of you to tell me shortly whats going on exactly...
just too much to read :dizzy2:

Drisos
03-21-2005, 11:07
sorry for spamming but ...

no problem man, welcome to our campaign, have you sent elmarkofear (the host) an e-mail yet? ~:)

we should ask the ones who wanted to join the campaign to choose a clan now, so that we won't have to wait much longer.

and gray, the first pages of this thread won't be intresting, just read the last 20,30 posts and you'll know enough. ~;)

Gray
03-21-2005, 17:56
cool, what do I tell elmarkofear in the E-mail?

Gray
03-21-2005, 18:22
Please post the updated clan-player list,if it is updated Ill have the mori alongside Hasty though I never saw him post.

Nigel
03-22-2005, 14:09
Hi folks,

just to let you know I am back online.
Glad to see more people signing up. Be wellcome, Gray and have fun.

All you need to send Elmo is a few words saying that you would like to join. It is really only so that he has a functional e-mail address of yours and can contact you if needs be. I guess Elmo will also post an updated player list as soon as he can.

Drisos
03-24-2005, 14:14
cool, what do I tell elmarkofear in the E-mail?

just your .org user name, and that you want to join.

have you found the e-mail adress already?

Gray
03-26-2005, 20:14
Private message sent

Gray
04-02-2005, 11:03
Is it just me or things stopped moving?

Drisos
04-04-2005, 09:56
has elmarkofear sent you an e-mail back?
if someone mails him, he usually mailes back to confirm.

he said he had caught the flu, it was about two weeks ago, it should be over now. i don't know why he isn't active lately, he was a pretty active meb\mber a while ago.

i hope the campaign is still on trail, we all seem to love the idea.

~:confused:

Lord Hornburg
04-09-2005, 07:25
I hope so too. This is still really cool!

Gray
04-14-2005, 16:40
No, I didnt get any messages back...
dissapointing....

Shambles
04-14-2005, 17:35
Some 1 explain the concept of this to me,
How do you play a campaign online?

Is it like the single player version using in game gfx and stuff. And u do a turn based system like within the game?

or do u have some other way of playing this?

Im interested to know.

ShambleS

Drisos
04-15-2005, 13:40
No, I didnt get any messages back

Send again and check if it was the right e-mail adress: el-marko@insightbb.com

please include your forum name and say you're intrested in the campaign, please ask him if it's still goin' on too.

don't be sad, he doesn't exclude anyone from his campaigns, it must have been a tech. mistake, let's hope it works this time.

@ShambleS: glad to know something you don't, makes me feel brighter after you had to explain to me about virtual mem. in apothecary!

-There is someone that plays the rebels, with special rules: he cannot attack unless attacked.
-The campaign will be like the segoku jidai camp. in STW original version, with a few adjustments
-the 7 other clans will be played by a team of two players, we're looking for some more, *MAYBE YOU CAN JOIN?? ~;) :bow: ~:cool: *
-the battles will all be simulated by AI., that;s the only bad thing, you won't play them yourself, but i like it this way, the strategy outside battle is tested in this campaign.
-I play the hojo with Wilbo as my teammate
-the teams have to do their turn once a week

hope this says enough, if not, you can ask me or anyone joining!
If you'd like to, please join, we still need a few players!

the host, elmarkofear, has been away for a while, but he seemed exited and i don't believe he gave up the idea. I think he has some tech. problems, but he will be in contact when he can again.

:bow: drisos :bow:

Shambles
04-15-2005, 15:31
Ok Thnx im not shure i quite understand what you mean lol,

Blizzer
04-17-2005, 20:48
Sounds great but when do you guys play? i never see anyone on the server.

Togakure
04-17-2005, 23:04
Hi Blizzer. The MP campaign being discussed here is different from playing battles on the fakeserver online. Elmark of Fear was organizing a group to play a campaign online, which is like playing the Single Player strategy board game, but with teams of people controlling the factions, and with him updating a map online that everyone can see. My understanding was that the battles were going to be processed in AI vs. AI battles.

If you're looking for some MP battle partners, my advice would be to post when you are going to be available for some games. There are a few here (me included) that still enjoy playing online from time to time, but rarely go to the server unless we've made prearrangements because there is rarely anyone there. If it's anything like it used to be, you're most likely to find players there on Sundays, from 7pm to Midnight GMT. My guess is this has changed though, as not many play Shogun battles online anymore with any regularity.

If you'd like to meet me sometime, send me a private message or post in the Shogun MP or Organizing Shogun MP threads when you're available (this offer stands for anyone who would like to play some Shogun battles online).

Drisos
04-18-2005, 11:17
Hi blizzer, welcome to the .org! :bow: Great that we still get new STW members at the forum!

if you'd like to, you can join the MP campaign too! ~:)

introduce yourself in the 'HAIL New Members! (introductions)' topic in entrance hall, and you'll be a full member soon!

Togakure
04-18-2005, 13:04
EDIT: This post has been edited out, as it has served it's purpose. Thanks to staff for their quick action.

Drisos
04-19-2005, 14:17
Thanks to staff for their quick action.

Exactly, thanks to our quick-reacting staff! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Blizzer
04-19-2005, 19:47
wow sounds like a great idea can i join?

Btw Toga whats with being afk forever?
Im always on 3:30GMT!

Togakure
04-19-2005, 20:38
Lol m8, 15:30 GMT is 7:30 PST ... a man's gotta sleep sometime!

As most of the time when I check, no one is there, if I'm home and awake and interested in a game, I'll just log in, set my status to "AFK," and ALT+TAB out to surf, work, or whatever. I check periodically to see if anyone is there, or has been there (if someone comes in when I'm in another window or doing other things, I can see that when I return because the message window indicates when someone comes and goes). Sorry to have missed you. m8. We'll get in some more games. I tend to free up around 7:00-8:00pm, GMT.

Drisos
04-20-2005, 10:19
wow sounds like a great idea can i join?

Of course you can, at least, if elmark of fear returnes to us.

send an e-mail to: el-marko@insightbb.com
include your .org username, and say you want to join.

~:cool:

Gray
04-25-2005, 15:25
I recieved a message from El Marko saying that he will only start the game in two weeks, He also said that from hes experience we Have to team up.
All in all we should have a game runing in "two weeks". :)

Drisos
04-27-2005, 10:11
I recieved a message from El Marko saying that he will only start the game in two weeks, He also said that from hes experience we Have to team up.
All in all we should have a game runing in "two weeks". :)

Great news. ~:)

Nigel
04-27-2005, 19:29
Good news indeed.

I may have been quiet, but I am still here, watching and waiting ~;)

Drisos
04-29-2005, 08:08
I haven't seen my teammate wilbo for quite a long time, has anyone heard of him? Wilbo, R U still there?

ShakaKahn
05-02-2005, 09:31
You might be able to get more players if you do mp battles instead of AI vs. AI battles. I know that the Elite Clan has done it before.

Drisos
05-03-2005, 11:15
Yeah, but we almost got enough, and the battles cannot be played by the players yet, the work isn't all done yet.

Drisos
05-05-2005, 16:19
Wilbo, R U still there?

still no reaction . . .

anybody has Wilbo's MSN?

We need to do a little check: [b]Everybody who still wants to join:

-Post here, so we know you're still joining
-Choose your clan and vote it in the poll here in sword dojo.

I hope everybody's still here, if not, the campaign is going to take a while to start.

Gray
05-06-2005, 18:17
Hey... am still here...
I wish to join the Mori team...
Whos in it already?

Drisos
05-06-2005, 18:50
am still here

***GLAD TO HEAR!***

Whos in it already?

wait a minute, I'll check it for you.

Drisos
05-06-2005, 18:54
Uglyandhasty is the only one who has signed in for the Mori.

Just PM him to let him know you want to join, I'm sure he'll be OK.

You can talk about your tactik(with PM) to uglyandhasty, I've already done that with Wilbo too.

WILBO, where are you??

Gray
05-08-2005, 17:04
Tactics, now thats a good idea Drisos.

A message was sent to Uglyandhasty, it seems the last post he had was in at the forth page...
I hope he will reply fast so we can team up quickly ~:cheers:

UglyandHasty
05-09-2005, 13:25
sure welcome aboard Gray !

so this game will lift off the ground ?

Lord Hornburg
05-09-2005, 15:57
Im still here. Ready and waiting to butcher others in the name of REBELS&RONIN!!! Though i expect i will be beaten.

Hang on, you know rebels get really hi level and hi tech units.(High up in the unit chart) eg. warrior monks am i allowed them or not, at the start i mean.

Nigel
05-09-2005, 20:34
Just a quick Hello from me to say I would still be with it.

I guess we are waiting for Elmo to get the ball rolling.

Drisos
05-10-2005, 09:23
I guess we are waiting for Elmo to get the ball rolling.

Yep

Gray
05-11-2005, 09:40
sure welcome aboard Gray !

so this game will lift off the ground ?

Lets get something conquered! :charge:

And like I said ... Elmo said he is going to start the game in a couple of weeks, that was about a month ago...
Though am pretty sure he'll get his PC ready (he just moved) in a short time. ~:cheers:

UglyandHasty
05-11-2005, 14:44
ok gents, i got my infos straight from Elmo.

First, Elmo wont host until there is 2 players by factions. We dont have that. Second, he is offline in about a month, for a good 2 months.

Sorry to breack the fun, but there's no campaign soon.

Drisos
05-11-2005, 15:46
****!

I won't give up on the campaign! I'll stick to it. I hope we still have almost enough players.

Lord Hornburg
05-11-2005, 16:33
Alright people spread the word. We need people and quickly.

Gray
05-11-2005, 19:09
Allright...
That pretty much sucks...
Any way this could get useful for tactics planning...
If any of your friends even knows the game or any of the TW games, you should tell him about this. We are in the online forum of the game so we can try and get this out to many other threads, I know a couple of TW players, I think I might manage to convince them to play.
Never Give Up! :duel:

Drisos
05-12-2005, 13:27
I know about 5 STW players, or people who have been playing, I'll try to convince them.

Nigel
05-12-2005, 18:21
As another idea - maybe people will or will not like it - we could also say we play with a reduced number of factions. A shorter and quicker game but with people who are dedicated to stick with it.

Just an idea, anyway.

Drisos
05-13-2005, 12:26
As another idea - maybe people will or will not like it - we could also say we play with a reduced number of factions. A shorter and quicker game but with people who are dedicated to stick with it.

What are factions in this context? Do you mean clans? Do you mean we throw out some clans, so we have enough players already?

Lord Hornburg
05-15-2005, 08:15
I think so if we carry on like this then people will lose interest and quit. Or forget about it.

Drisos
05-15-2005, 09:40
You're right, lord H.

We just must start in a while, but elmo must first come back to the .org.

hope it goes on . . . .

Lord Hornburg
05-15-2005, 14:48
Me too man. Me too.

Gray
05-17-2005, 10:29
I really didnt like this idea of cutting off some clans, the game will be badly hurt.
If we eliminate the Shimazu clan then the Imagawa must go too and if both are gone then the mori has no problem from the south, such will happen if we loose any faction, any but the Oda, I hate the Oda, Stupid Christian gun users... lool

Drisos
05-17-2005, 12:02
Gray, that might be right. But the R&R (lord hornburg) will be strong too, maybe not as strong as the normal clans, but they might be able to stop them.

I don't know, elmarko has experience with this, he should know if this is a good idea.

WILBO, where are you???

I hope elmarko returns to us soon . . .

ElmarkOFear
05-18-2005, 05:20
I thought I would drop by to see how you all are coming along and to let you know I will be offline around June 4th - August 1. Just sold the house we live in and the new one will not be done until August 1. Unfortunately, my wife and two kids will be living at my father's house, which does not have an internet connection, so I will only be able to come online when at work and only in the forums, since the security settings do not allow the use of hotmail-type accounts for email. When I get back online, we can see if there are enough people who are interested in playing long-term and then start from there.

The good thing is: I will have plenty of time to "pretty" the website up and think of the best way to ease the making of moves for everyone. We DO need two per faction to play, so keep trying to recruit people, but make sure they realize it will be a long-term MP campaign, so they must be able to keep an interest in such things. You will find, the most fun is not in making the moves, constructing buildings, or winning the battles, but is in the interaction and diplomacy and strategy discussions you will have with your partners and enemies. :)

I will drop by here every now and then and once I am online in the new house, I will give everyone my new email addy so we can begin. (If we have enough players still interested.)

Lord Hornburg
05-18-2005, 07:15
Elmarko is back ~:grouphug: ~D ~D ~:cheers: ~:).

Yay!!!!! ~D

Drisos
05-18-2005, 11:07
Welcome back elmo!

glad to see you again after such a long time !!! ~:)

Nigel
05-18-2005, 18:57
Congrats for selling the house, Elmo.

And all the best for moving into the new one.
Whenever you need a break from house-moving, come and relax on the battlefield with us ~;)

Gray
05-19-2005, 12:13
Congrats indeed.
There is nothing better then killing...

brightb
05-19-2005, 20:47
i wanna join.
brightb, looking for a partner or sumthin like it.

brightb
05-19-2005, 20:53
i can't edit so..
i would like to join the Usegi.

Drisos
05-20-2005, 11:34
Welcome to the .org brightb! ~:wave: :bow:

PLease introduce yourself in the 'HAIL NEW MEMBERS (introductions)' thread in the entrance hall, that will make us know you and you'll become a full member soon! ~:)

Have you sent the e-mail to elmarko(the host) yet? el-marko@insightbb.com

Include your .org nickname, and the clan you'd like to play?

Glad to have another new player!

ElmarkOFear
05-21-2005, 21:52
Here is what I have as of today:

Hasty & Grey: Mori
Hunkin Elvis & Oaty: Shimazu
Minikiller & Brightb: Uesegi

I still have not received emails from several and have not heard from several others for awhile. If you see them, see if they are still interested. Still need some Imagawa players too.

I will be offline as of May 30 or 31st, but will stop by here from my work pc as time permits.

Take care and see you guys come August 1st or so.

Lord Hornburg
05-22-2005, 08:13
Take care ElmarkOFear, see you in *caclulates* 11 days

Bye :bow:

Drisos
05-22-2005, 12:08
We need 4 more. . . hmmmmm.

Sasaki Kojiiro, please let us know if you're still intrested!

anyone else?

Take care, elmo, C U later! :bow:

PaolinoPaperino
05-22-2005, 23:13
I confirm my presence .. for August ~:)
meantime I will try to find out where that lazy Oskarito is sleeping ;)

Gray
05-23-2005, 09:19
Good thing we now have the list.
Paolino was left alone, it seems everybody hates the Oda...

Drisos
05-23-2005, 09:28
I don't like Oda, just love Hojo. ~:)

PaolinoPaperino
05-23-2005, 12:02
well, in fact right now I am a Ronin...maybe should I switch ?? ~:confused:

btw, the toughest task seems to be as Ronin warlord...everybody will challenge him, too many battles to be played in few days. He needs a partner.

Drisos
05-23-2005, 13:22
Could be quite right, but every clan needs 2 players. So it doesn't matter. just take the clan you like most.

PaolinoPaperino
05-23-2005, 16:54
yes I know. I still keep going on with Oda
even if the statement that everybody hates Oda shocks me:
Mori is seeking a casus belli even without starting tha campaign???... ~:eek:

ElmarkOFear
05-24-2005, 05:24
It appears to me everybody hates Imagawa since nobody has even considered playing as that faction yet. :)

Lord Hornburg
05-24-2005, 06:37
Yup you're right ElmarkOfear.

Drisos
05-24-2005, 09:14
Could be true elmo. I never played an Imagawa campaign. ~D

What if we find nobody? What should we do with the Imagawa?

Gray
05-24-2005, 19:08
Elmo...

First of all, Imagawa is a good clan for good players because its splited, but has good lands-So are the Takeda-.

And second, we do need your experienced decision about cutting off some clans if we lack players, I personaly think that will be the wrong thing to do.

ElmarkOFear
05-24-2005, 23:07
The cutting off of clans makes it very hard to balance the campaign. Those who are near the cut-off clan will have a much easier time of it. However, I guess some basic ground rules could be established which would automate what a clan would do (given no human player). I will have to think about this while I am offline and see if there is a feasible way of doing this without adversely affecting the balance of the campaign. It would always be better to have 2 for each faction.

Let me think on this a bit. I have until August 1st, when I will be able to get online again and receive/send emails.

Gray
06-06-2005, 14:49
I think that pretty much summs it up.
Thank you ElmarkO

Zen Blade
07-06-2005, 21:58
Hey,

Look over there..... it's an Elm tree! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek:

-Zen Blade

Gray
07-14-2005, 14:22
Indeed it is.
Is spamming allowed?

Oh well I think it might get handy when we try to keep this thred going... ~:handball:

Drisos
07-14-2005, 16:18
Oh well I think it might get handy when we try to keep this thred going.

correct. but what should we talk about? ~D

we can for instance PM all intrested to see if they're still. Wilbo is still there, but is rarely online here these days. Elmo will finish the movements soon I hope.

we should really get the last few needed players so we can start as soon as elmo is ready. we can try posting at totalwar.com totalwars.net totalrome.com and some clans board etc.

another idea is to let elmo play the R&R, that way we have one more player. then lord hornburg must pick another clan. of course we shouldn't force him to, but it would help. ~;)

hope we get this started somehow soon. ~:cheers:

Gray
07-17-2005, 21:43
These are some good ideas Drisos

Drisos
07-22-2005, 11:17
Thanks gray.

then we should do them.

Lord hornburg, when you see this, please consider letting elmarko playing the rebels, so we can start earlier.

Gray
07-22-2005, 15:38
Well Drisos, hows the PMing going? (:

Drisos
07-22-2005, 16:03
Well Drisos, hows the PMing going? (:

do I hear a little bit sarcasm in that? ~:)

I have few times these days, but I came with the idea so should do it too. OK.

Bash
07-23-2005, 14:10
It is direct quoting of my exchange with Drisos in "Uesugi puzzle" thread. I'm not sure if I will get full responce there then I'd like to present my last answer here as well.

I consider myself Tactician. Too bad battles in the campaign are AI vs. AI. I wouldn't mind meeting you on the battlefield once.

Good idea... But I've got an impression - only weakest possible clan - like Imagawa - remains... And playing against Oda, Uesugi, Takeda AND Shimatsu in the same time is really scary thing... Not sure if I've got enough personal time for fighting onto 2 fronts simultaneously (amounts of my personal battles would raise pretty high....)
More then that - what about 3-sides battles like - Hojo hold Musashi and it is attacked from both sides (from Uesugi/Imagawa Shinano and Takedo Kia - simultaneously). What side will be alone on their bank of river? Who will decide it? I'm sure it would means - this side will be victorious in result - won't it?
What about "non-sporting" conduct - like Mori leader behavior in Sekigakhara battle? Is it allowed?
If it is - will Imagawa receive less penalty for this behavior (in other case playing as "treacherous Imagawa" is pointless)? What is penalty for the same behavior from "honest" Takeda or "monklike" Uesugi factions?
What about usual for Sengoku Jidai practice - backstab in midst of battle your ally and I will present you my bordering province for your ugly treason? Can I present you small amount of koku for your Ninja killing some important guy of third faction?
Must all factions receive "legendary Swordsman" event in the same time? Must Portuguese apeear in closest to them Shimazu lands in the same time with their appearance in farthest to them Uesugi lands?
I couldn't find answer on all these questions in pointed thread, then I must refuse till full clarification of procedure.

In the same time - if Imagawa leader will be allowed for "treacherous behavior" without actual punishment for these exploits (like possibility to bribe somebody for treason amidst battlefield, with almost sure punishment for the same things from "honest" factions),

or - for example - only Imagawa is allowed:
- to pay for intelligence information about third-party troops distribution in interesting provinces;
- to pay for assasination events on third-party guys;
- to make amphibious assault - via enemy ports where Imagawa spy residue) -

this clan leading would be - quite interesting task for me.

Please, give me your clarification about these thing and will try to show you - why "Snake hiss is more scaring then Lion roar" according to well-known Eastern saying.

In other words - how much level of keeping RPG presentation will be allowed in proposed game? If it would be high enough, I'm ready to be Imagawa, if not - I'm not interested to keep weakest clan in the Game. (If some things is allowed to rascals, they mustn't to be allowed to White Knights - or must they?)

Bash
07-23-2005, 17:06
In my previous post I show examples of definitely non-Samurai behavior, which mustn't be tolerated in friendly MP-game.
Then I would like to ask Kami/Spirits of Ancient (Game Master of proposed game) to create some method of punishment for players with non-sportmanlike conduct. I'm afraid - application of aforementioned punishment as well as measuring of this punishment is tricky thing.
Then let's allow to determine measure of punishment to offender himself. If some Lord makes some sort of agreement with other Lord it is the same - like they are coming in some Shrine of some sort and make some promises to Kami, if they will break their promises - Kami (Game Master) will punish them according their promises.
For example:
1) Lord Imagawa would promise - I will do this and this thing and if I will not then let Kami to drop my harvests onto 50% in continuation of 5 years.
Then - when Kamis (Game master) will determine annual harvest number for all players, Lord of imagawa will receive only 50% of intended harvesting (Kami would frown on him for his treachery).
It can be quite cruel measure if Imagawa hold a lot of rich farmlands, but no big deal - if his wealth derived from Ports, Mines and Cathedrals. Gotcha? Don't like it - don't come into deal with Imagawa on these terms.
2) Lord Imagawa would promise - I will do this and this thing and if I will not - then let Kami to drop loyalty into all my provinces onto 100%.
Catch is - if Imagawa hold a lot of lands and little forces, then breaking this promise would result in huge Civil War into his realms. But if he has got only couple of provinces with huge armies in them - he can break this promise non-scathed.

but... if you like to come into this sort of agreements, you must keep your part of bargain as well...
Then if Agreement say - "if any of side of this treaty would break this agreement - let Kami to punish offender in described way" and treaty apply simmetrical punishment to both sides - more often then not - it doesn't mean SIMMETRICAL CONSEQUENCES as result of these symmetrical punishments. Do you see?

If we will add this feature (yep, Kami can influe only - chancy things in the game) - I'm ready to play as Imagawa and:
I PROMISE TO KEEP ALL MY PROMISES, - you know - word of Honour from Rascal is thing, which you can count on - as old saying tell us.

Then I'd like to play as Imagawa under three necessary condition.
First is - if anyone makes some sort of promise in written form and doesn't hold it - Kami will punish him in accordance with his promise.
Second is - Lord Oda of our game will be ready to sign my "Eternal Vassality Request from Imagawa to Oda", (I will ask to be vassal of Oda) which is the same like in actual history - between Oda Nobunaga (Oda clan) and Tokugawa Iejasu (Imagawa clan). If Lord Oda would refuse, playing as Lord Imagawa is pointless.
Third is - Lord Takeda will be ready to sign my "Eternal Friendship Request between Imagawa and Takeda", which prevented any hostility between both factions in actual history. If Lord Takeda would refuse - oplaying as Imagawa would be miserable and more probvable then not - if I will abandon Imagawa case as well.

Well, in next 4 messages I will define all Imagawa relation requests to all his neighbors in order:
1) Oda - top priority - if it will fail, playing as Imagawa is pointless;
2) Takeda - high priority - if it will fail - possibility to play as Imagawa will depend from answer on next request;
3) Shimazu - medium priority - if Takeda request fail as well as this request - Imagawa is dead anyway.
4) Uesugi - low priority - I would happy to keep my promises, but if Lord Uesugi will refuse... then - let be so.

Trajanus
07-23-2005, 17:12
I'm interested in joining this new era of ol' shoggy! Is it too late?

Bash
07-23-2005, 17:59
Your Excellency!

Lowly Lord Imagawa seeks your mighty protection for any cost and promises my utterly servitude and loyalty to my Master.
I promise to be Loyal Servant of my Master and it means:

A) I'm ready to be loyal Ally in any war of my Master. I can't cross lands of my Master then this thing is applicable only to third-party neighbors, which would have common border with lands of Imagawa and Oda.
I will follow my Master suit in these wars, if he starts to invade lands of our mutual enemy, then I will follow suit, if my Master prefer to stay at home, my actions will be same.
B) I will inform my Master about all movement of ANY third-party units, which my emissaries/spies/border forts/any other units detect - after my Master request.
C) I will inform my Master about any form of my diplomatic activity with third-parties and promise - never fight my Master, make any plot against him, or take part in any sort of activity against his interests. I will never send any Ninja, Shinoby, Geisha, Priest or Emissary into my Master lands and I will never use my Ninja or Geishas onto my Master servants.
D) I promise to not make wars against Allies of my Master.
E) On my Master request my Geishas and Ninja will attack targets which will point my Master.

In exchange to my request I ask you:
A) Please, spare me - humble worm - I'm ready to be your Servant. Let me have my core lands in your neighborhood.
B) In case if - any third party which has common border with our both countries would start to make aggression against your humble servant, you invade lands of aggressor for your humble servant protection.

Kami Punishments for breaking Servitude Agreement:

If I will break my Oath of Servitude - let Kami of Ancients - drop my harvest % onto 100 (ONE HUNDRED)% for ETERNITY. Loyalty in all my provinces must drop onto 200%.
Let Kami never allow me to have "Legendary Swordsman" and "Europeans Arrival" events as well.
I haven't any tool for coming out from this agreement - anyway.

If my Master will break this agreement non-expectedly - let Kami of Ancients had the same Wrath on his Fate.
My Master can break this Agreement, but he must warn his humble Servant about this breaking in 4 seasons before open hostilities. In this case - no Kami punishment will occur. In this case - Agrreement would be Dissolved for good.

Time of Agreement: ETERNITY.

It is official part of Agreement, both sides is open to make any deals in secret part of this agreement in PM manner to add, but not change main items of this agreement.

Signed: Lord Imagawa in Winter of 1529 in border of Mikawa province.

Bash
07-23-2005, 18:31
Mighty Takeda!

Please, receive humbly request for eternal friendship from loyal Lord Oda Vassal - lowly Lord Imagawa.

I humbly ask you about full friendship and understanding between our houses with clear definitions:
A) Imagawa sees their Core Lands - Suruga, Totomi and Mikawa as lands of Imagawa;
B) while Takeda Core and east-neighboring lands - like Kai, Izu, Sagami, Musashi and Shinano is rightfully belong to Takeda realms.
Sides are ready to hold to aforementioned borders and decide their bordering issues in friendly manner.

Sides like to see each other as Friends from this point and in future.

Imagawa side will not declare war on Takeda and will not attack Takeda side - especially in Takeda realms (Kai, Izu, Sagami, Musashi, Shinano) with only notable exception.
In case if Imagawa suzerain (Oda) calls me into allied war against Takeda, which can occur only in situation if Oda and Imagawa has mutual border with Takeda in the same time - I will fight you, but in this case - if I will get choice I will not enter these aforementioned 5 provinces anyway.

Takeda side will will not attack Imagawa side at all - and lands in Imagawa realms (Suruga, Totomi and Mikawa) especially.
Any special situation, when you would have to follow some/any alliance calls can be specified by you in your answer or in any hidden (PM) addendum to this agreement. Note: all terms of this agreement will be revealed to my Oda master - anyway.

Kami Punishment: In case of sudden breaking of agreement Offending side will get 75% of Harvest drop in 10 years period. All provinces of offender realms will get 150% drop in loyalty.
"Legendary Swordsman" and "European arrival" events will not occur for offender.

Times of Agreement: ETERNITY or - till this agreement will not to be dissolved.

Terms of dissolving of this Agreement:
Imagawa side can dissolve this agreement with 8-season notice before open hostilities.
Takeda side can dissolve this agreement with 4-season notice before open hostilities.

Signed: Lord Imagawa in Winter of 1529 in border of Suruga province.

Bash
07-23-2005, 18:48
Dear neighbor!

I want to inform you - I'm quite happy with our present situation and don't like to seek any way to change it in any noticeable way.

Then I'd like to propose you - my good attitude and warm feelings in exchange to your promise of - not making war against me now and in future.
I promise you my full respect for all your possessions and my word for not making war against yiou by my own volition.
Then - let's stay good neighbors - for good.

If I start war against you in non-expected manner (with notable exception of my Master Oda alliance call - if Imagawa and Oda lands will neighbor Shimazu lands in the same time) - let's Kami of Ancients punish me in next manner - 50% drop in all harvests in 5 years period plus 100% population loyalty drop in all my provinces.
I'd ask the same promise from your side with the same form of possible punishment in case of you unexpected breaking this agreement.

Agreement can be dissolved from both sides in 8-season notice without any punishment for latter hostilities.

Agreement is valid till its dissolution.

Lord Imagawa in Winter of 1529 in Port of Hizen Province

Bash
07-23-2005, 19:11
Good day!

Recently I was informed about rather weird activity in Eastern lands. I've got quite big fear from Lord Hojo movement.
Recently I've got a sort of argument with one of Lord Hojo (Drisos) then I've got an impression - like he would seek some sort of revenge on my person. Only way - which Lord Hojo can send his troops in my realms is through your Shinano province. Then if you will like to fight with Hojo, I'm ready to help you by passing Shinano province on my way into Hojo realms. My only wish is squashing evil Hojo as soon as possible - then I would be ready to evacuate my forces from Hojo lands.

Then my request is: in case of your hostility against Hojo, please - allow for my troops to march through your Shinano province into Hojo realms and after Hojo elimination I will request you to give me chance to return back through aforementioned province.

Agreement is - in case of your war against Hojo, please, give me your Shinano province onto 2 seasons for letting my army in Hojo lands. If I will not abandon Shinano province after 2 season period - let Kami of Ancient drop my Harvest on 100% for ETERNITY.
If Kami would allow to eliminate Hojo by our combined efforts, then I promise to give up to you all taken Hojo lands immediately, but you must give me backward corridor through Shinano again. If I will not abandon all taken by me Hojo core lands in this war - let Kami of Ancient drop my Harvest on 100% for ETERNITY. If I will not abandon Shinano province after 2 season period after coming back from former Hojo lands - let Kami of Ancient drop my Harvest on 100% for ETERNITY.

You musn't make any promises from your side - just start war with Hojo, abandon Shinano province and give me Shinano corridor for 2 seasons in one direction and for 2 seasons on backward direction. Hojo will pay ;).

Bash
07-23-2005, 19:31

1. If local Game Master is ready to implement Spirits punishments for breaking any written Agreements.
2. If my request for Lord Oda and Lord Takeda will be answered in right way.
3. If local Game Master will allow me to be Lord Imagawa.
4. If you like to be "bad boy" of environment.
5. If you are ready to keep your own (Lord Imagawa) secrets - both egos of "treacherous Lord" must understand and realize hidden reasons for his doings.
6. If you are ready to be rustless enough for being Shogun.

I would glad to invite you to be Lord Imagawa - as well.

Welcome to the "Dark Side" - if you like to jump in/down ;).

Drisos
07-24-2005, 12:08

Hello Trajan. ~:wave: ~;)

You mean this campaign? or just stw mp? ~:) all info is in this forum m8.

welcome Bash. ~:cheers:

I should email elmarko first. see how things are going.

Trajanus
07-26-2005, 13:27
1. If local Game Master is ready to implement Spirits punishments for breaking any written Agreements.
2. If my request for Lord Oda and Lord Takeda will be answered in right way.
3. If local Game Master will allow me to be Lord Imagawa.
4. If you like to be "bad boy" of environment.
5. If you are ready to keep your own (Lord Imagawa) secrets - both egos of "treacherous Lord" must understand and realize hidden reasons for his doings.
6. If you are ready to be rustless enough for being Shogun.

I would glad to invite you to be Lord Imagawa - as well.

Welcome to the "Dark Side" - if you like to jump in/down ;).

Hello Bash, thank you for the offer. After I email Elmarko, I will contact you. :)

Hey Dries...nice to see you mate. :bow:

Drisos
07-26-2005, 14:46
Welcome to the campaign Trajanus! ~:cheers: good to see you.

glad to see the last two positions filled in by you two! we can start soon now I hope. ~:)

good luck you both! I think you will do fine. ~;)

Bash
07-26-2005, 14:58
Welcome to the campaign Trajanus! ~:cheers: good to see you.

glad to see the last two positions filled in by you two! we can start soon now I hope. ~:)

good luck you both! I think you will do fine. ~;)

I've got an impression - like Lord Oda is still one person and I still don't receive allowance from Kami of Ancients for my decision (as well as their promise to punish sacrilegers, if somebody will break their Oaths).

Lord Imagawa must consult with Kamis before making any decision and more then that I would like to come to reasonable agreements with Lord Oda and Lord Takeda - I can't be happy without full harmony of my soul with souls of my precious neighbors. Oh... my decision must be quite complicated thing - I like to be just Loyal vassal of Lord Oda and Truthful Friend of Lord Takead. Why oh why they don't answer my pledges of Loyalty/friendship?
Their silence is breaking my old, tired heart...

Drisos
07-26-2005, 15:08
Why oh why they don't answer my pledges of Loyalty/friendship?
Their silence is breaking my old, tired heart...

Because the campaign was planned months ago, we have been waiting long. Most of us only rarely check this thread. so don't panic, they'll respond. ~;)

Gray
07-27-2005, 22:27
Allright now, Bash... Welcome aboard you fancy Russian talker :) . We do need some men whom can word a good agreement contract... ( I must have had many mistakes here...)
Trajanus, you are also welcomed.
Indeed Drisos is right, this thred was almost dead, and we still dont have enough players, probably now even less because we ha to make another count of active players...
Drisos, I understand you have had a talk with Elmarko, is he ready to "Kami" our way?

ElmarkOFear
07-28-2005, 02:39
Looks like the new house is about 2 to 3 weeks away from completion. I will have to then get a broadband connection up and running and have you guys send me an email to my new addy. Unfortunately, the original website was wiped when I moved out of the old house, and I will have to upload all the files again and password each of the province pages (again) for each faction. The campaign will probably get underway around Sept. 1st. I think we will be able to find enough players, once I have the website up so everyone can look at it.

Take care and wish me luck on these last 3 trying weeks of finishing up the building process. If my builder messes up any more you may be seeing me on the next edition of "America's Most Wanted!" ~:)

Drisos
07-28-2005, 09:57
Looks like the new house is about 2 to 3 weeks away from completion. I will have to then get a broadband connection up and running and have you guys send me an email to my new addy. Unfortunately, the original website was wiped when I moved out of the old house, and I will have to upload all the files again and password each of the province pages (again) for each faction. The campaign will probably get underway around Sept. 1st. I think we will be able to find enough players, once I have the website up so everyone can look at it.

Take care and wish me luck on these last 3 trying weeks of finishing up the building process. If my builder messes up any more you may be seeing me on the next edition of "America's Most Wanted!"

Good to see you dropping in again Elmo. Good luck with the house. ~:cheers:

So we guys must get some more players within three weeks. I'll do my best! ~;) Hope we find some more.

Gray
07-30-2005, 22:16
Its great to see you again Elmo!
Too bad though that we can only start at the 1st, its the date of the first day of school...(lame) Any way, I will be leaving home to a broadschool.
It pretty much means that I wont be able to play.....(DARN)
I really liked the idea of an MPC for Shogun...
Maybe I wont be playing but, still , I shall check from time to time to see your progress and actions (: ....

Long Live The Mori Clan!!! (sapuku follows the shout)

ElmarkOFear
07-31-2005, 01:05
If you have access to an internet account and email, then you can play. :) This campaign will last a long time, once started. Your going to school is one of the reasons having multiple people playing as teammates is necessary to have any chance of completing an MP campaign. There always comes a time during the year, when real life interferes with one's online time, so the requirement of more than one per faction is a must. Good luck and hope you can find a connection at school and an email account.

Gray
08-01-2005, 16:47
I understand that Elmo, but I wont be having a continuous connection, so I cant promise you the level of involvement I will have in the game.

Thx any way. I shal try to find you some good players, maybe some of my friends...

Nigel
08-01-2005, 21:25
Looks like the new house is about 2 to 3 weeks away from completion

Well, I guess that is good going, as far as housebuilding goes ~;)

I wish you all the nerves that you need for the final weeks.
And all the enjoyment you can have from a new house, once it's all done.

ElmarkOFear
08-02-2005, 01:33
Thanks for the info. Gray.

Hi Nigel. I have had more trouble with the builder getting this house done the way I want as I ever did when I built the last one myself. This guy knows nothing about quality of workmanship or materials. I have had to play foreman on this job more than I care to. I could have done all this myself and at less of a hassle. I wonder if they have internet access from prison (After I beat him severly)? I would have to change my name to Ugly&Incarcerated Elmo ~:)

Puzz3D
08-02-2005, 17:23
But Elmo, after the house is completed by this guy you're still going to need running water, glass in the windows and something better than canvas on the dirt floor. Well, I hope it all works out ok.

ElmarkOFear
08-03-2005, 01:31
He wuz gonna charge me extra for sumpin' he called "Indure Plummin" but I toad him we din't need no fancy-pants, high-faluten, stuff like that. Besides, the nayburs wud jus thin' we wuz gettin' uppity! :toilet: