PDA

View Full Version : After The Patch, Multiplayer Still Don't Work!!!!!!!!!!!

nas7232
10-06-2004, 20:10
I put in my cd key, put in a username. Press the tick button.

* waits * * :duel: *

"Log in Failed"

WTF!

Someone help me please, ca conned me lol. :charge:

Puzz3D
10-06-2004, 20:15
Used lower case for the CD-key? Also, you won't be able to login if someone else is using the same online name. I won't be able to try it myself until I get home in about an hour.

nas7232
10-06-2004, 20:18
done all that mate.

put in cd key

with dashes, lower case, pressed enter afterwards
clicked online battles, made a long name and a short unique name, tried several names. Pressed enter, i waited, then it said "failed to log in" without any explanation, i mean if it don't work they could of least give me an explanation so i can fix it, i also opened up the 3 ports on my firewall but it still wont work.

Dionysus9
10-06-2004, 21:43
Its sounds like a firewall problem. You need to open more than 3. There are threads that explain it.

Good luck.

-=WW=- SPITFIRE
10-06-2004, 21:48
i have the same problem.

i bought the game yesterday, singleplayer is great. i am remembering good old covilisation times over 10 years ago ~:cheers:

i want to play online with my friends but i canĀ“t...

Kalle
10-06-2004, 22:03
Well the patch seems to work for me and besides correcting the log on crash to desktop error and downtuning the elephants it also corrected the annoying thing in the multiplayer lobby where at least I could not see the newest chattext properly - well now i can :) So thanks for this first improvement of the game :)

Still work to do though I think before the game reaches its full potential but every move in the right direction is good :)

Kalle

Lechev
10-06-2004, 23:09
I second u Kalle, this a first step towards the positive direction IMHO. ~;)

nas7232
10-07-2004, 09:10
where are the threads to explain which ports i should open/

Lechev
10-07-2004, 18:33
Juz get to know this; if you are having problems geting log on to a hosted game, most prolly is the window firewall that is at work. All you need to do is to disable this firewall. I had problems before this but after i had disable the window firewall i could log on to host games. ~:)