PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there?

Tamur
10-06-2004, 20:29
I thought I'd try MP with the 1.1 patch ... even though it looks like there are still a lot of issues. However, I'd like to battle with someone from around here, since I have less chance of offending with my MP-newbness.

If anyone is available to play and doesn't mind smushing an MP newbie, give me a holler via PM or whatever. I'm only interested right now in 1v1 because this will be my first time doing MP for several years, and it's likely I'll have trouble controlling my own army at first, let alone coordinating!

Dang, wish I still had my TeamSpeak server...

Ryttare
10-06-2004, 21:33
We are all newbies in the eyes of god

Tamur
10-06-2004, 21:45
ha! ~D I'll keep that in mind.

Colovion
10-07-2004, 01:17
I think we should use this Thread for people who want to play.

Post in it and see if anyone from the Org is willing and ready to play. If anyone makes a game it should probably have a name of something like:

2 vs 2 The Org

Or somethign similar so that we can find it easier. If there need to be a password because there are enough people to fill the entire game the password will be 123 If there isn't any big difference between the rooms besides the names of them then we can meet in the Friendly room and see any games open at the time.

Sound good, mates?

Lechev
10-07-2004, 18:39
We are all newbies in the eyes of god

I had been playing MTW and VI for almost 2 yrs now. Playing RTW MP makes me feel like a noobie again.. but hey! its not everyday u get to be a virgin again ~;p

Lonewarrior
10-08-2004, 05:09
I'm always willing and able to play, except when i'm on school which i finish school until december, no rtw until then.. bummer :embarassed:

Shahed
10-08-2004, 08:31
I'll play with you once I buy the game ! Which time zone are you in Tamur ?

Tamur
10-11-2004, 21:33
hi Sinan,

I'm on Americas Mountain Daylight Time (-6 GMT for a bit yet, then -7 when we go back to Standard). I'm often in the Colloseum, but rarely here, so PM me if you want to give it a go and I'll be happy to play. Weekends are bad, weekdays are good, any time of the day except 8 AM - 1 PM MST.

Colovion kicked my tail, with one hand tied behind his back and only his left finger to work the mouse with, so prepare to have a reasonably easy time of it ~:)

tootee
10-11-2004, 22:08
Iit is only fair that for a new game and new era, and for RTW to succeed even better than MTW and STW, that all of us are newbies again.

Otherwise the synergy of many many more (new) TW players brought by an awesome RTW Campaign mode will be wasted in promoting MP to newer height, when the new TW gamers lose heart after they got trashed badly in their first 10 MP games.

tootee
10-11-2004, 22:12
I think we should use this Thread for people who want to play.

Post in it and see if anyone from the Org is willing and ready to play. If anyone makes a game it should probably have a name of something like:

2 vs 2 The Org

Or somethign similar so that we can find it easier. If there need to be a password because there are enough people to fill the entire game the password will be 123 If there isn't any big difference between the rooms besides the names of them then we can meet in the Friendly room and see any games open at the time.

Sound good, mates?

doesnt sound too good to me.. sound like isolating the new TW MP gamers? it will be a gentlemen to bear with the new gamers for now, and accelerate their learning curve so that they become worthy opponents.

Tamur
10-11-2004, 23:02
...when the new TW gamers lose heart after they got trashed badly in their first 10 MP games.

Mmm, I wouldn't worry too much about new gamers losing heart -- at least not ancient, married (and therefore thick-skinned) ones. The worry I have is that the old gamers will think us newbie-MPers are too dreadful to waste time on ~:)