PDA

View Full Version : export_descr_character_traits

Jambo
10-08-2004, 11:23
HI, I've been investigating into the triggering aspect of character traits in the export_descr_character_traits text file, and I was wondering if anyone can help me out with understanding some of the logic here.

For example:

Trigger withdraws
WhenToTest PreBattleWithdrawal

Affects IndecisiveAttacker 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
Trigger reinherited
WhenToTest BecomesFactionHeir

Condition Trait Exheir = 1

Affects Factionheir 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
Trigger disinherited
WhenToTest CeasedFactionHeir

Condition not Trait Exheir = 1
and not IsFactionLeader

Affects Exheir 2 Chance 100

Does anyone understand what the Affects Factionheir 1 Chance 100 means?

Could it be that it triggers the Faction heir trait 1 Chance in 100 (1%) or does it mean Chance is 100 (100%)?

Anyone any ideas in helping to unravel these triggers for the traits?

Cheers

J

Jambo
10-08-2004, 14:01
OK, I think I've made some progress here.

Basically, each V n V appears to have a threshold value, which corresponds to the value that needs to be reached before the V or V becomes activated. I think that the value before 'Chance' is the value that gets added towards the threshold. Once the threshold is reached, hey presto, the trait is awarded. You'll notice that the threshold increases as the level of the trait increases.

This to me makes the most sense.

In the export_descr_character_traits.txt file, it has a list of traits for various character types. These include 'family', 'spy', 'assassin' and 'diplomat'.

Now, if someone could find out whether it is possible to include 'captain' as a character type in this character_traits.txt file, then captains could be awarded certain applicable traits such as Good Commander, etc. This might go some way to helping the AI in field battles, as they regularly use captains more than family members...

Regards

Sinner
10-08-2004, 16:06
Instead of captain, try general which is how non-family army commanders are referred to in the campaign start file.

Jambo
10-08-2004, 16:38
Hey Sinner,

Thanks for the input, in the file you mention it seems to have a family members listed as 'named character' and an army captain as 'general'. I will try both and hopefully one will work, otherwise back to the drawing board.

Cheers

fastspawn
10-13-2004, 15:15
i kinda figured out how it works but i posted in colosseum, if you are interested you can check it out.

Hagen
10-13-2004, 16:55
hi,
any idea how to add an new charakter? and is it possible to choose his picture?

thanks in advance!

Plantagenet
10-13-2004, 23:07
You can add as many characters as you want (just make sure their names match your factions list), but I haven't even looked at how it assigns portraits.

Triggers were pretty simple when I added all 9 Roman temples and corresponding priests (for retinues) to the Julii faction. WhenToTest was after the shrine got upgraded to a Temple, except in the case of Neptune, which "tests" only when you build a new Admiral (so that land units won't get the bonus meant for naval units). To test the whole mess, I made the chance of getting a priest 100%, and then built a temple for each god; sure as hell, every general in the city at the time got the priest. So if I stack 5 generals in Capua and upgrade my shrine to a temple, all 5 get the priest.

So it means the percentage chance. Using the example you posted, if a general withdraws from a battle, he has 100% chance of getting "Indecisive Attacker", and so on. As I did with the priests, you can adjust this number to increase/decrease probability.