PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax import/export script

reconspy
10-08-2004, 14:53
Hey guys, looks like we might have a change to start editing or creating our own models soon. Vercingetorix is at it again! Check this thread out over at twcenter.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11258

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-08-2004, 20:42
Hey guys, looks like we might have a change to start editing or creating our own models soon. Vercingetorix is at it again! Check this thread out over at twcenter.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11258
Awesome, reconspy!!! That was one of the things I never expected to be made and the one I needed the most. :thumbsup:

Duke John
10-08-2004, 20:44
Yes, I'm watching that thread closely. I'm now also testing his PAKer and he's getting close. This guy is performing miracles! :yes:

Suraknar
10-09-2004, 00:46
Oh yes, this sounds good!!

Would be also Nice if CA made some kind of Moding Pack, compatible with Gmax maybe?

But if not, I am all for some Max Imp/Exp :)

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-09-2004, 01:52
Would be also Nice if CA made some kind of Moding Pack, compatible with Gmax maybe?
I believe you're pushing it... :wink:

Vercingetorix
10-10-2004, 23:53
If anyone would like to help me in testing the script that would be great.
The following is required however:
1) You have 3ds max and know how to use it
2) You must have knowledge about RTW modding
3) You must be willing/capable of testing things and giving bug reports

If you have MSN IM too that would help although if you don't that's not a problem. If you're interested please email me at pauldls at hotmail dot com

I may release a public import beta, in fact what I will really need testing is with the export which I expect to start in a few days or less.

Duke John
10-11-2004, 05:35
Excellent! :2thumbsup: I've send you an email.

What is your next project? The Rome World Map file? :yes:

SigniferOne
10-11-2004, 05:43
No!! Decoding Rome.exe, so we have access to all hardcoded info, such as AI, etc :)

Vercingetorix, you rock our (or at least my) world.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-11-2004, 23:17
I would like to praise your fantastic effort in helping the MODing community. Awesome work!!! :thumbsup:

Regarding the testing, I don't have RTW yet. I'll have it in the beggining of next week for sure. Then I'll be able to test. :yes:

Vercingetorix
10-12-2004, 17:58
Thank you everyone who sent me an email, I have a few guys that are helping me out and I think that's all I need. I've been able to extact all the animations so I will begin working on them shortly.

reconspy
10-18-2004, 01:47
Hey guys, Vercingetorix has released a beta of the import/export script.
http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/editor/

hoggy
10-18-2004, 09:21
Hooray for Vercingetorix! That's amazing. Rotating a RTW model in Max as we speak! (sadly in Max not Maya ~;) but you can't have everything ) Not tried editing or exporting yet but looking forward to seeing the results! Top job Vercingetorix!!

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-18-2004, 16:14
Hey guys, Vercingetorix has released a beta of the import/export script.
http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/editor/
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!! ~:cheers:

Trying it now!!!

VikingHorde
10-18-2004, 16:57
If anyone would like to help me in testing the script that would be great.
The following is required however:
1) You have 3ds max and know how to use it
2) You must have knowledge about RTW modding
3) You must be willing/capable of testing things and giving bug reports

If you have MSN IM too that would help although if you don't that's not a problem. If you're interested please email me at pauldls at hotmail dot com

I may release a public import beta, in fact what I will really need testing is with the export which I expect to start in a few days or less.

What version of 3D max is needed?

Duke John
10-18-2004, 17:03
Which one did you buy? :grin:

VikingHorde
10-18-2004, 17:13
Which one did you buy? :grin:
Non of them yet, but I don't know if im too stupid to use a program like that. I have Animation Shop 3 and Paint Shop Pro 8, but they are properly no good :disappointed:

Duke John
10-18-2004, 17:55
PSP is good for skinning, but you will need either 3ds Max 5 or 6 to use Vencingetorix's tool. I believe you can download a v6 demo (30 day trial) from the site of the developer. Making models and animations from scratch is hard and will take you quite a few months to do well (is it worth that?), but you can also edit existing models. In that case you only need to find tutorials for simple modelling and texturing (look for UV wrapping).

VikingHorde
10-18-2004, 18:25
PSP is good for skinning, but you will need either 3ds Max 5 or 6 to use Vencingetorix's tool. I believe you can download a v6 demo (30 day trial) from the site of the developer. Making models and animations from scratch is hard and will take you quite a few months to do well (is it worth that?), but you can also edit existing models. In that case you only need to find tutorials for simple modelling and texturing (look for UV wrapping).
Im downloading a v7 demo right now and will give it a try. Skinning is fun to do because it isn't too hard, but might need to edit some of the models in 3ds Max. I have no modding plans for RTW yet, but knowing my own limits is good way to start. ~;)

TosaInu
10-18-2004, 19:04
RTW files: http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/RTW/

Amir-san
10-18-2004, 19:38
there is a forum link provided under references in the editor page, the creator will be more then welcome to answer your questions there. :)

Thoros of Myr
10-18-2004, 19:46
Tried my hand at modelling and I have a lot of respect for you guys...took me five hours to make this ugly thing :dizzy2:

http://members.cox.net/brybo92/notgud3d.JPG

Going to try skinning next :bow:

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-18-2004, 23:47
Tried my hand at modelling and I have a lot of respect for you guys...took me five hours to make this ugly thing :dizzy2:
If it is you first try at 3d modelling then it's not bad at all. It takes months to be reasonable. Although i have to warn you not to make the mesh built out of several objects. The polygons must all connect. You must learn box modelling. it's the most apropriatte for low-poly modelling. Making several objects and gluing them together isn't the way to go. :wink2: