PDA

View Full Version : dead daimyo

solypsist
11-10-2000, 10:44
Is it just me, or have the patches completely reworked the Deceased Daimyo "message box" in STW?
I rather enjoyed the little haiku. Now all I get is a more direct message telling me one has passed on and has no heirs.
I've noticed this for a while, but was just wondering......

This might seem a bit OT for History/Cinematography, but it sort of isn't...is it?

Dwimmerlaik
11-10-2000, 10:56
Well, the haiku is still there with the Japanese option turned on....

------------------
To be happy it is necessary not to be too intelligent

- Flaubert-

solypsist
11-10-2000, 13:42
I've got Japanese turned on and no haiku. Hmm....What's the file and how can I open it? I'd just like to have it handy so I can hear it/read it every once in a while to soothe myself

[This message has been edited by solypsist (edited 11-10-2000).]

Anssi Hakkinen
11-11-2000, 22:19
I have English speech on, and the message is the basic dry one, but I still *hear* the poem most of the time. In any case, they can all be read in (yourSTWdirectory)\loc\eng\Death Poems.txt and listened to in (yourSTWdirectory)\Voices\Poems (or, in Japanese, (yourSTWdirectory)\FVoices\Poems).

For the record, these death poems are called jisei, and I've recognized among those included in STW at least the one of the Imperial Grandmother at the Battle of Dan-No-Ura: "In the depths of the ocean, there we have a kingdom", a Taira jisei, and a Chinese proverb from Wu's Strategies. Has anyone more on this?

------------------
"The ancient rule declares that letters are the left hand and militarism the right. Neither must be neglected."
- Hôjô Sôun

solypsist
11-12-2000, 02:52
hey thanks

i did some checking a while back and found those poem files. i have switched my game back to english to hear the poems and now all is right.