PDA

View Full Version : How to add a city

Inuyasha12
10-10-2004, 16:22
Ok i wanted to add a city to a faction(ex lepcis magna to carthage)so i went to -data-world-maps-campaing-imperial campaing-descr_start.Then there is a block of text that looks like this.(in the file)

faction carthage, balanced smith
denari 25000
settlement
{
level large_city
region Africa

year_founded 0
population 12000
settlement_tax 51
plan_set default_set
faction_creator carthage
building
{
type core_building imperial_palace
}
building
{
type equestrian hippodrome
}
building
{
type defenses stone_wall
}
building
{
type barracks army_barracks
}
building
{
type port_buildings port
}
building
{
type market market
}
building
{
type temple_of_justice temple_of_justice_temple
}
building
{
type hinterland_farms farms
}
}

Ok there is one for every faction, and different cities text for each faction as well. So i went down and copied the lepcis magna text from the slaves and pasted it here. The thing is that when i went to test it i got a ctd. Could someone shed some light here, is there another file i have to mod. ~:confused:

The lepcis magna text looks like this

settlement
{
level village
region Tripolitania

year_founded 0
population 800
settlement_tax 51
plan_set default_set
faction_creator carthage
}

:help:

Kaiser of Arabia
10-10-2004, 17:14
I'm trying out modifying the orgional roman cities to be large cities so they start with a clear advatage to everyone else.
-Capo

Silver Rusher
10-10-2004, 17:21
I'm trying out modifying the orgional roman cities to be large cities so they start with a clear advatage to everyone else.
-Capo

The problem with that is that the Marian Reforms will happen immediatly when you do that.

Kaiser of Arabia
10-10-2004, 18:30
The real problem is that it doesn't work. I must be doing somthing wrong.

And the Marian reforms only happen after you build an imperial palace which is for huge city.

-Capo

Scipio
10-10-2004, 18:41
It isnt too hard to make it a large city you just need to change the city level to large_city or w/e you want, raise the population to the correct pop and then change the building
{
type core_building governors_villa
}

to the corrisponding building level for that size of city ~;)

I think thats how I did it, tell me if it works

Kaiser of Arabia
10-10-2004, 18:46
oh, i forgot that last part. Thanks!

Plantagenet
10-10-2004, 20:00
To change who owns a city, cut the entire entry for that city (starting with "settlement") from its current owner and paste it into your faction's settlement list. The hardest part is not adding the city, but moving out the previous owner's units! I don't know what happens if you leave them there...

To PREVENT the Marian Reforms from happening when you make cities larger, make your faction the ONLY ONE able to build the imperial palace. After you build it yourself, you can re-edit the file to let others build it too. That way, you decide when the Reforms happen, and if you want, you can stay at level 4 for a good long while and really get to know your trarii.

Inuyasha12
10-10-2004, 21:20
The hardest part is not adding the city, but moving out the previous owner's units! I don't know what happens if you leave them there...

Do you know how to do it?? Because that's probably whats messing me up. ~:confused:

Plantagenet
10-11-2004, 01:12
Do you know how to do it?? Because that's probably whats messing me up. ~:confused:

File contains x,y coordinates for each general & agent; change those to place them within territories their faction owns (by looking where their other units are).

So for example, let's say Egypt owns Tripolitania; you start as Egypt, with an army sitting in Nile Delta. Find its coordinates in the file, and move the army from Tripolitania to Nile Delta.

Or you can just delete his units altogether. However, while you can delete normal units, ships, agents, captains, etc., without problems, you cannot delete Family Members or the campaign won't load. I'm sure there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet.

Plantagenet
10-11-2004, 01:19
Ok, I just took a peek myself, and it seems Tripolitania isn't owned by anyone at campaign start, which should make this easier (no Family Members or other factions to mess with). Go down to "faction slave, balanced smith", and then scroll down past the rebel cities until you see the rebel armies. At the very bottom, you'll find:

;Tripolitania
character, sub_faction carthage, Gelon, general, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 20, , x 96, y 19
army
unit carthaginian city militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit carthaginian city militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

Delete this rebel army and see what happens.

Plantagenet
10-11-2004, 04:00
I just tried to switch the julii and brutii starting provinces and armies and I can't get it to work either. I've been able to swap a province here and there and it worked fine, but when I try to move the whole mess, campaign won't load. Moved all units, cities, etc.

Can anybody help out with this?

Plantagenet
10-11-2004, 05:58
I just tried again. I can swap cities/provinces between non-Roman factions, just not Roman. I took Greek Sicily from Greece, moved the Greek army there to Sparta, and gave the city/province to Carthage. Works fine...now I just have to figure out how to move Roman property...

Inuyasha12
10-13-2004, 21:30
Or you can just delete his units altogether. However, while you can delete normal units, ships, agents, captains, etc., without problems, you cannot delete Family Members or the campaign won't load. I'm sure there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks i think this was my problem. I simply deleted the family members and the game would not load. It pissed me off to no end!! But now i think i got it.

Haven't tried to switch roman factions yet. I think they are fine where they are now.

Plantagenet
10-13-2004, 23:12
Cool. All I really wanted to do initially was beef up Carthage, and it looks like we can do that as long as we don't try to give them any provinces that belong to a Roman faction. In the process, the most complicated thing you have to do is move or delete the previous owner's units, and as long as you don't delete their Family Members, it works.

If anyone ever figures out how to move Roman factions in the same way, or even just why it doesn't work, please let me know.