PDA

View Full Version : Iron Chef

solypsist
11-18-2000, 14:53
This is more specific to Japanese culture so I figured I'd post it here rather than the OT forum.
Anyone seen the tv show Iron Chef? It's on the Food Network here in the States. Great stuff!

The Black Ship
11-18-2000, 23:00
Wow Soly...this is really stretchin the Japanese cinema angle a bit LOL.
Seen it, just not sure he's a kendo master http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

Zen Blade
11-19-2000, 09:23
I'll allow this...

Iron Chef is pretty cool. My friend and I first saw it a couple years back before it was on food network. We saw it on one of the international channels when it was sub-titled instead. It was very cool.

The first few dubbed episodes sucked. However, they got a lot better.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil

solypsist
11-19-2000, 16:35
actually it's the dubbing that makes the show..as well as the over the top host who looks like he stepped out of a Final Fantasy game...

HattoriKun
11-19-2000, 20:28
I heard that it's trendy to have Iron Chef type parties at home where you provide guests with some theme and have them cook up different dishes.

Zen Blade
11-20-2000, 11:25
yes, the host is something else.

I have a friend from back home who basically is that person. His character and reactions and emotions just fit with the host so well... And the expression when he takes a bite out of that pepper thingy...

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil

Tenchimuyo
11-20-2000, 21:58
Hey I've saw both the Japanese and Englsh version. But I can hardly keep up with the Japanese one, even with my girlfriend explained it to me, the narrator talks so fast! But the show sure makes me a huge appetite.