PDA

View Full Version : Historic possibilities for Romans???

Zen Blade
11-22-2000, 08:09
Well, what do you guys think?
obviously, the Sengoku Jidai (STW Time) had the ability to be Total war with historic precidence and competition and excitement.

does this historical footing also exist in a potential Rome game (with respect to the various aspects in Shogun... i.e. armies, heirs, development, etc...)? Historic opponents, empire, "total war"??

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG

ShaiHulud
11-22-2000, 13:38
Zen... there's a good thread running in OT on this subject right now..Look forward to your input there...

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

The Black Ship
11-23-2000, 05:10
Well if you just go with the first and second triumvirates you've already got 6 "clans" amongst the Romans alone! Add other cultures and the possibilites are staggering!

xFedaykin
11-27-2000, 10:09
First time I saw musket troops in Shogun, I realized that Sid Meier's Gettysburg should've been like this

The Black Ship
11-27-2000, 10:23
Imagine maniples of troops marchly bravely out to fight Hannibal. Shield in left arm, pylum in right....gives me goose bumps http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Wonder if they would include elephants? Thet were so rarely used after-all would they be worth the game balance?

Anssi Hakkinen
11-29-2000, 02:59
In STW, we have No-Dachi samurai, Naginata, ninjas and whatnot. The elephants are the popular culture symbols of the Punic Wars: EA will force CA/DT to include them if they won't do it otherwise. No doubt about that.

------------------
"If the choice is given between life and death, a samurai must choose death. There is no more meaning beyond this."
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Anssi Hakkinen
11-29-2000, 03:00
Doublepost http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/redface.gif

The 'Dojo seems awfully slow lately...

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 11-28-2000).]

solypsist
11-29-2000, 06:23
sure could use some teaser screenshots....

Anssi Hakkinen
12-01-2000, 21:54
But let's not forget that we have no more information on TW2 than an off-hand remark somewhere on Gamespot.com or a similar pan-website. This whole Romans thing could be just a rumor! I predict screenshots won't be made available until well into the next year.

------------------
"If the choice is given between life and death, a samurai must choose death. There is no more meaning beyond this."
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

The Black Ship
12-02-2000, 05:31
I imagine the Consul (assuming it is Republic, not Empire) will be a chariot icon. No self-respecting Consul would dare to have his Triumph without one http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif But please don't include them in the game! unless you want the Gauls/Celts to have them.

Wonder how the developers would manipulate the data to make them useful (they were a tactical dead-end after all)? Would they be ranged? or Melee?