PDA

View Full Version : Provincal Campaign?

Sethik
10-12-2004, 00:36
I'm not sure whether this post should go in the Dungeon or Colleseum, so I'll post in both.

I messed around with the .txt files in the data/.../Imperial Campaign folder. Later when I went to start a new campaign an option that wasn't there before appeared. Under Custom Battle was Provincial Campaign. It took me to a screen similiar to the historical battle screen, but there were no options or scenarios. I can run my normal campaign fine.

Is this a feature that's suppose to let you choose which Campaign you want to play or something? I'm really confused.

Anyone else get this?

edit:
Here are pics

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/793619/wtf.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/793619/wtf2.JPG

Scipio
10-12-2004, 01:16
Yes I noticed this as well, I think one of the mods uses prov campaign one of the realism ones. I am geussing this might be something CA adds to later I dunno

Silver Rusher
10-12-2004, 06:44
Is this a feature that's suppose to let you choose which Campaign you want to play or something? I'm really confused.

I think this was something CA added to let you play mod campaigns, I think they all go in the provincial campaign. Or they are historical campaigns...

Encaitar
10-12-2004, 07:54
It also might have something to do with what I gather was the intended inclusion of some historical 'campaigns'. In some of the files, where there are entries related to the imperial_campaign and sons_of_mars campaign, there are also some references to a caesar_in_gaul campaign.

Midnight
10-13-2004, 08:02
If you create a new folder in data\world\maps\campaign, and then copy all the files from the Imperial Campaign and all the files from data\world\maps\maps, I think it allows you to put your new campaign in here.

Mod the files, and there you have it - new campaign, without overwriting the existing one.

Duke John
10-13-2004, 08:33
Yep, it's possible. Please post all your discoveries in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=604647#post604647)

Cheers, DJ

General_Sun
10-14-2004, 03:10
If you create a new folder in data\world\maps\campaign, and then copy all the files from the Imperial Campaign and all the files from data\world\maps\maps, I think it allows you to put your new campaign in here.

Mod the files, and there you have it - new campaign, without overwriting the existing one.

yep it does. I just did it. I didn't get it to work though. It crashed.

As far as I know, son of mars is the tutorial, prologue thing. Because the map looks like that. I tried changing the tga file for it, like in that new provinces thread. It didn't quite work, and it crashed. Well... OK. Maybe i'm lacking common sense lol.

But anyway, it looks like you can add stuff pretty easily. If I could figure out what's making it crash and fix it.

Lord_Winter
10-14-2004, 10:23
I made a direct copy of the directory and changed the directories name...

That worked....

Made a topic in the entrance hall at that time about it since I didnt have access to here...

metatron
10-14-2004, 19:11
yep it does. I just did it. I didn't get it to work though. It crashed.

As far as I know, son of mars is the tutorial, prologue thing. Because the map looks like that. I tried changing the tga file for it, like in that new provinces thread. It didn't quite work, and it crashed. Well... OK. Maybe i'm lacking common sense lol.

But anyway, it looks like you can add stuff pretty easily. If I could figure out what's making it crash and fix it.
Son of Mars probably, since the campaign makes reference to the fields of Mars (which are right outside of Rome).