PDA

View Full Version : Potential historically correct scenarios

Zen Blade
12-14-2000, 10:01
well, as many of you probably read on the main page, there apparently will be an add on with mongols... but also scenarios featuring battles of the 3 unifiers.

-anyone have anything they would like to see?
-or any questions regarding what might be considered unification battles? (remember, feel free to ask questions)

-personally, I hope they do a very cool Anegawa.

also, I would love to see a scenario of when Oda's back was most against the wall. When the loose alliance of anti-nobunaga domains were on all sides... (the Asai, Asakura, Miyoshi, Rokkaku, the shogun, the ikko ikki, Takeda--historically questionable as to his connections with the others, but still... going into 1573, Nobunaga and Ieyasu must have been pissing their pants at night)

btw, if the editor that they have with it is good, I will probably be making some historically based scenarios.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG

Tenchimuyo
12-14-2000, 10:10
Well since many knows about the Mongol invasion, I was wondering what about the fact, during the later periods of this invasiom, a mongol fleet was totally destroyed by a storm. Thus resulted in the retreat of an invasion. Will this be added to the add-on or should it be ignored?

The Black Ship
12-14-2000, 10:46
Got to let the Mongols land this time, or else what's the point! I want to see what they decide about gun units, how are ypou going ti keep them out of on-line games (as in a Multi-player Campaign), or do they just ignore the inaccuracy?

Anssi Hakkinen
12-14-2000, 22:18
There will be enough (well, some) opportunities for combat on land even in a purely historical scenario. Both the Mongol invasions followed the same general pattern.

First, the Mongols attacked the island of Tsushima, which fell after a heroic defence. Then they overwhelmed another island named Iki, which fell likewise. Then they attempted to invade Kyûshû itself near the city of Hakata and were repulsed by the Japanese. They withdrew their fleet farther off the shore to regroup and were destroyed by the kamikaze storm.

Pretty much the same both times, except that the second time saw more troops on both sides, and, as the Japanese had fortified Hakata Bay, the Mongols were hardly able to land any troops at all.

Presumably, if the press release is correct, the game will give the Mongols more of a chance to land troops (which, in turn, makes possible the Mongol SP campaign with the objective of looting & pillaging Japan).

------------------
"The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
- Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy

[This message has been edited by Anssi Hakkinen (edited 12-14-2000).]

Tenchimuyo
12-15-2000, 03:33
Awsome!

nokhor
12-17-2000, 17:23
where's the info about the mongol mods on the main page? i couldn't find it.

Kurando
12-17-2000, 18:08
nokhor, there is no info on the mainpage about the mod because it is not confirmed yet. We are waiting to hear from .com before we post anything difinitive. There's a thread circulating in the General Discussion (http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000249.html) forum about this, but it's by-and-large speculation at this point.