PDA

View Full Version : Units obeying another Units commands

hach
10-14-2004, 01:41
Ok

Say i select a whole group of infantry and tell them to go to a part of the map.

I see their dots to show me their final positions'but also extra dots from other units?

Also playing an MP Battle there and i kept clicking on my Onagers to attack the enemy and all my Infantry would run forward too???

I could'nt seperate them and would always see the Dots of my onagers and infantry even though i only selected onagers and only Onagers are showing as selected in the Army Window.

So why is an unselected unit obeying the selected units orders?

Thanx

Indylavi
10-14-2004, 02:33
Hey Hach. I haven't been able to play much MP or anything for that matter because my girl broke my PC. So this might have been fixed in the patch as I’m not sure. But I can say that in my experience onagers will move forward if the units they are to attack are out of their range and you order them to attack. If you place the onagers behind your troops they will push the units in front of them forward. So best to keep your onagers on either fire at will under they start to fire or wait unit you get the green arrow showing the unit they are to attack are in range. If you order them to attack before the green arrow they will mess up your formation. That might be the cause. I’d test it myself now but I can’t. Hopefully somebody else can help you out that can actually test it

Dionysus9
10-14-2004, 02:40
hach do you have the patch?

I've heard of this bug a few times, was it related to having the units in a group? It seems there are lots of problems with groups.

were you using groups at all in that game?

hach
10-14-2004, 13:10
Hi Guys

I am patched and my Onagers are the front unit of my army.
If i select just onagers and right click and say stretch the formation out i see extra dots indicating that something else is going to move with them and sure enough something does.

It's happening exactly the same in combat.
I will say i select only archers to attack and they are the only thing selected in the Army card'but i might get all Triari attacking too.

Totally weird.

Essex_Cohort
10-16-2004, 13:58
I have the 1.1 patch, yet I have the same problem. When I have grouped units, say, one group of cavalry & one group of Infantry, often when i select the cavalry group only, and then stretch the units as i want them placed, the Infantry get included into to placement as well. Even though they are in another different group alltogher!!!! :dizzy2:

Dionysus9
10-16-2004, 16:34
cohort,

Thank you for the details. Based on Cohorts report this seems to be part of the major problems with groups.

sweetzero
10-23-2004, 11:02
I find this grouping problem comes from having a unit in a previous group. If you split a unit from a group you need to ungroup the whole group and then reform smaller groups. If you group units whilst still in a large group it seems to remember the previous large groups settings and postitions.

Jango Fett
10-26-2004, 18:31
i also have this problem..when i select one group and drag them into a formation it also took my archers group and moved them too...and then when i seperated the archers again and regrouped everything the archers would not drag form at all..it is all screwed up afterwards.

1dread1lahll
10-26-2004, 19:15
ive had the problem also, Ive found that if i group some units then select part of that group to move, the entire group wants to move,..also if in have a group and disband it, the units still want respond as a group when you select only part of them. In all its busted and needs to be looked into.

Colovion
10-26-2004, 21:18
I have the problem too (https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/colovion/bug2.jpg)

No means of Ungrouping/Grouping or anythign fixed it - I HAD to move them individually. The selected units and the archers who are joining them were never in the same group .... :dizzy2:

sapi
10-30-2004, 09:48
sometimes this problem can be fixed by ungrouping [g], moving, and then re-grouping [g] the units in question.

it doesn't always work though