PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to Rome MP

Sp00n
10-15-2004, 09:13
Hi All,

Sorry to say I traded my Rome game in a few days back as I only bought it really for the multiplayer side and to me its a big letdown Ive never been so excited about a game and so let down by its MP.
Ive tryed to get used to the the continous bugs/appalling forum and new control system but its made me bored after 60 battles I never bored of Shogun in thousands of games or MTW in the way im bored of Rome.

I think over the last 4 or so years ive played mainly Total Wars games online with Shogun and MTW had many great times, played most of you at one time or another, some great battles against many many good oponents ill still never forget the first time playing LinkSan who shot me apart with Muskets inside a few minutes, Magy who shot me apart and tired me out with Cav archers and Amp who rushed me with an all-monk army after many hours of play I eventually got revenge and its allways been fun, had some great tourny battles in CWC with my buddies in Takiyama and in single players tournies against Kocmoc, Tosa, DRBNinja and others,also many games with Paolai my old clanm8 who joined the wolfies ill still be a regular in these forums and my clan forums but for me untill they sort it out I wont be playing Rome anymore online. I will still occasionall play MTW.

Thanks for all the good times and for those who were on the receiving end for putting up with my occasional rants.
Made many friends here over the years some are gone some still here.
Hopefully ill return to online play when its sorted untill then ill just see most of you here.

MizuSp00n (formally LinkSp00n/EuroSp00n)

Tera
10-15-2004, 09:28
Hi Sp00n,

I've been knowing you for four years now and it's sad to see you go, however I do understand your reasoning perfectly. RTW has the potential to be a very enjoyable game, let's hope for the best. I do hope to see you back one of these days once CA comes and endorses some of our suggestions *fingers crossed*.

Farewell mate, and good luck wherever you go.

LittleGrizzly
10-15-2004, 09:31
a very good player we didn't play often (i can only remember a few games with you) but you were always a highly skilled and honourable player, you will be missed!

hopefully RTW mp can be brought back to a level you consider acceptable but for the moment (i hope) goodbye :bow:

1dread1lahll
10-17-2004, 01:15
Fairwell Sp00n, I may soon follow, I recall the Great battles of Totomy, mayby Ill see you in some other game down the road....

lahll

Colovion
10-17-2004, 02:41
It's sad to see Veterans leaving.

Farewell.

Wolf__Kyolic
10-17-2004, 11:49
Sad to hear that Sp00n. :embarassed:

I am afraid there are many other vets who will follow the same path if this game does not get fixed. Kocmoc for example. Or Swoosh. And many others... They are already gone. :embarassed:

baz
10-17-2004, 20:59
I remember when i first talked to you in MI (Jan 2002 ish), i remember you telling me how much i had been improving .. thing was i never even knew i ahd already played you because i think you played me with a different name everytime! all with 140+ honour! I learnt a great deal from you, thank you.

It is a real shame that one of the most skillfull and experienced players has left, CA i hope you are reading this! When someone that has played 20k+ online games decides to leave you know something is not right!

Baz

Sp00n
10-18-2004, 15:07
Thanks for the words guys, yes Lahll I recall many games on Totomi I learnt loads on that map thats where my crushing early defeats came at the hands of Map/Magy and LinkSan.

Ill miss the online banter but currently you can hardly chat to your friends effectively as the forum stands.

Baz I told you every time we played if I was undercover, apologies for my old undercover names Halloran, Doon, PurpleBlade, FlumpTheFlattener/RabidMelon/Gort/Shadwell/MingTheMercilus/Charles Bronson and a few others I cant recall.

Ill return if they sort half of the probelms out but untill ill just visit these forums.

Sp00n

AMP
10-18-2004, 15:51
same here sp00n i'm not gonna be playing mp unless they sort things out, but i will be playing sp untill i beat it twice. after i beat it twice i can't be bothered to play sp anymore even though the sp campaign is quite nice, but the ai is quite easy to fool and the battle control/blance needs work. after that it gets boring and i need online competition, but the mp needs work and so many old faces are leaving which makes me not even wanna bother with totalwar anymore.

Orda Khan
10-18-2004, 16:29
I remember one battle in particular on STW where I was left thinking " How did he do that? "
At least you gave it a try Sp00n ( when I saw the RTW mess I couldn't even be bothered )
As Total War was the only game I played, online or otherwise, I doubt if our paths will cross in the future. It was good to have you as a Clan mate and we will still chat on the forums, here or at Takiyama, no doubt.
Good luck and be well !!
All the best

......Orda

Sp00n
10-18-2004, 16:39
Well Orda maybe ill be back on MTW soon if they add all the mods into one game like Yuuki and CBR mentioned at the Takiyama site, a MTW with all the mods including the Shogun one in would have some appeal to me.

Shame to see you not playing as well Amp had many great battles in the past against you, few players gave me as much competition as you did on Shogun(mainly because I never knew what army was gonna be facing me do recall those nasty Monk rushers early on and the nasty all Yari armies that Magy hated so much) we didnt play as much on MTW but they were always real tough games.

Orda m8 I was lucky a lot of the time.

Sp00n

Jochi Khan
10-18-2004, 17:23
Sp00n m8........

I wont say goodbye. I am hoping that you will still be around.

I got to know you well as a Takiyama clan member.

Yes...I was one of those on the receiving end of one of your ..rants.. ~D
But at least you were man enough to apologies to me after. ~:cheers:

Hopefully it wont be too long before this idea of the new mod will be available for us.

Shogun is an option on Sundays.

Take care m8

...Jochi

1dread1lahll
10-19-2004, 02:09
Seems I feel the same as Amp.....A remote possiblity for a new game is 'Imperial Glory' due out in January, a movie is out along with screens ect.....

Gawain of Orkeny
10-19-2004, 06:52
Hey Spoon I been hearing RTW mp is so bad I never bought it. Im lonely though here in VI. I wish those of you who dont like RTW mp that much come back and play. I went through MTW pre patch and dont think I want to go through something like that again. Its worse than bootcamp.

Sp00n
10-19-2004, 10:11
I will pop in on MTW from time to time Gawain m8, but currently im focused on getting my 2nd Battleship in Eve online and awaiting the free Eve Add-on.

Sp00n

PS I wish Rome was like MTW pre-patch but sadly its way way way way way way way way worse.

Paolai
10-19-2004, 10:44
yes, at the moment RTW online is really boring, and till now I played just few games. I cannot "love" RTW like the old games for all these bugs that really bored me. At the moment I am playing my second campaign in SP, but I dont think I will play another one after this.

Goodbye Sp00n, I hope to see you soon online if CA will patch at least some of the most annoying bugs.

RTKLamorak
10-19-2004, 13:27
Sad to hear that Sp00n. :embarassed:

I am afraid there are many other vets who will follow the same path if this game does not get fixed.

many already have :( .... ive left RTW MP the day the patch came out and left in all the major control and interface issues. The grouping system in rtw is enough to make me not play, what a complete pos, and 10 steps backward in terms of army control. I just didnt think i was well known enough to make a farewell thread :O

Hey Spoon I been hearing RTW mp is so bad I never bought it.

DONT mate, you will be utterly dissapointed. For experienced MP players this game feels like pre-school... seriously.

Im not going back to VI either tbh, if CA dont sort this %$£$ out then i am not playing totalwar again. Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the point of irritation with me... and it makes me angry just writing about the damn game ;/. il stop by the forums abit tho gawain so u wont be rid of me forever, and maybe, just MAYBE CA will have listened to the communities outcry and respond, but lets just say im not holding my breath, they have their pockets full of ££ to spend.

Thanks for all the good times and for those who were on the receiving end for putting up with my occasional rants.
Made many friends here over the years some are gone some still here.
Hopefully ill return to online play when its sorted untill then ill just see most of you here.

Spoon, its sad to see you have lost patience to m8, but i have taken the same decision and understand entirely. I remember playing you in two 1v1's in early mtw (when i thought i was getting pretty damn good), and got torn apart both games. You are a skilled warrior and your leaving will be a loss to the MP community as a whole!!!

Hopefully CA will give us a reason to meet on the battlefiled again!! We can only hope

Jochi Khan
10-19-2004, 14:12
Sad...very sad...

The lesser of two evils..I could go back to VI but........

too many vets and old friends have already left there also.

Maybe we will meet up again (hopefully in the near future)

MizuJochiKhan