PDA

View Full Version : war strategy : a story

loi428
01-01-2001, 10:40
The king of Bing (wasn't the real name, I made this up because I forgot) who was totally outnumber was being about to be attack by the Wu kingdom. The Wu kingdom was plan was to make an attack into Bing largest castle where the king live himself.
Wu kingdom sent 5,000 troops to attack the castle by sunrise, but somehow a messager got the news and quickly reported to Bing castle. The king was worried because all of his army was fighting a war miles away and his only troops were left were the workers and maid of the castle.

So at sunrise Bing stood on top on his castle while 5,000 troops from Wu look up at him, but the Wu army was surprise because the king wasn't scared at all, he was acting calm and relax. Something must be up thought the Wu army because how could he act so calm, he must have an army twice as ours. So at the end the Wu army retreated afraid of what behind the walls.

This story was true and happen in China when at the time the country was split up in nations much like what happen in Japan. The funny thing I thought about this story was the 5,000 troops of Wu was afraid of only a few dozen workers and maid behind the castle wall.

ShaiHulud
01-01-2001, 13:27
A psych job..hehe

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

FwSeal
01-01-2001, 18:53
I'm not sure if that is the same story, but it reminds me of a famous incident in the Three Kingdoms period of China. At that time, Zhuge Liang (aka Kongming, d.234?) was the chief advisor to the Emperor of the Shu (the son of the recently deceased Liu Bei)and charged with fighting the forces of the Wu Dynasty. The Wu army was led by the capable Sima Yi, who around 222ad invaded the Riverlands (the nickname of the Shu's domain) with some 150,000 men. At first, the campaign went in Wu's favor and Kongming was compelled to divide up his army to various points to be ready to respond to possible moves on Sima's part. Kongming himself retired to Xicheng Castle with 5,000 men. Of these, he sent 2,500 off on a supply mission - just before learning that Sima Yi's army was bearing down on the castle. Kongming mounted the wall of the castle and, observing the dust clouds of the approaching army, devised a strategm. He ordered his men to hide their banners and to open the castle gates. After dispatching locals to sweep the road to the Xicheng, Kongming went back to the wall and sat down to play his zither. When Sima Yi drew near and saw Kongming playing his zither (and in an evidently contented mood) he became cautious. Noting that the garrison seemed to be entirely unconcerned with the Wu's advance, Sima suspected that this was some sort of trap devised by the cunning Kongming, and so he withdrew to the north. He told his confused men that since Kongming was so cautious, his composure could only mean that he was trying to lure the Wu army into an ambush. Yet, Sima Yi fell into a trap by Kongming after all - he ran into an ambush by the rest of Shu's army (commanded by the famous warriors Zhang Ba and Guan Zing) and suffered much loss.