PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Changing faction colours?

rbb
10-15-2004, 22:24
I have found a file that I thought would change the (faction) colour of my units on the battlefield.
ie. Data\descr_sm_factions

But this appears only to change the colours of the banners on the strategy map.

Anyone know how to change your (faction) colours on the animated figures on the battle field, and the strategy map please?

Thanks in advance,
Rog.

JeromeGrasdyke
10-16-2004, 15:20
I have found a file that I thought would change the (faction) colour of my units on the battlefield.
ie. Data\descr_sm_factions

But this appears only to change the colours of the banners on the strategy map.

Anyone know how to change your (faction) colours on the animated figures on the battle field, and the strategy map please?

Much of the colour scheme is baked into texture pages for the unit and campaign models and generic pics which are referred to throughout the game. It'd be quite a lot of work to change even one faction to use another colour, and then there's the question of what colour to use... if you look at what's there at the moment, there are not that many other distinctive colours to choose from.

kungfood
10-16-2004, 15:57
using the image>adjustments>change colors feature, i find changing colour schemes rather easy. of course you'll still have to change every unit individually, but being able to load previously saves preferences makes this alot easier.

kungfood
10-16-2004, 16:20
ok
as i am obviously not allowed to edit my own post (which took a few moments to find out since i couldn't use the search function either :dozey:; well, actually, i'm still not quite sure under which circumstances i'm allowed to do that. there's no edit button as far as i can see .. maybe someone could give me a hint) i'd like to make an addition to my previous one:

i'm using photoshop 7.0, as this question eventually will pop up.