PDA

View Full Version : Changing Ownership of Province???

Saracen
10-17-2004, 07:17
I want to give Regnum Palmyrae to the Seleucids at the beginning of the game. I tried to do some modifications to the descr_strat.txt file by moving the settlement and the army into their text description but it did not work. I would appreciate someone who knows giving me some instruction on how to do this. Please be specific. Thanks in advance.

khelvan
10-17-2004, 07:33
It is simple. Cut and paste the entire settlement (make sure you keep the same number of spaces and such) into the Seleucid section. Copy the unit into the Seleucid unit section. Ensure that characters have names from the correct faction name list found in descr_names.txt. Ensure that the garrison is in the correct faction list.

Also, begin the game with -show_err appended to the command line. Quit the game once the main menu is loaded. You should now receive a message detailing what is wrong, assuming you were able to make it to the main menu.

Barring that, copy the exact text you have moved here and I can tell you specifically what is wrong.

John Woods
12-16-2004, 06:44
Hi,

I also am having problems changing the beginning province ownership.. I followed the instructions and checked the syntax and do not seem to have made any mistakes but obviously I must have. I can insert new units no problems now but this is driving me nuts! I cut the below out of slave and inserted it into Parthia - all syntax lines up with units below and above

settlement
{
level town
region Regnum_Palmyrae

year_founded 0
population 1200
settlement_tax 51
plan_set default_set
faction_creator parthia
building
{
type core_building governors_house
}
building
{
type defenses wooden_pallisade
}
building
{
type market trader
}
building
{
type barracks muster_field

Then I cut and the name Gobryas is from Parthia names txt file:

character Gobryas, general, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 20, , x 212, y 46
army
unit east horse archer exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit east slinger exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit east horse archer exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit east heavy cataphract exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit east heavy cataphract exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

What did I do incorrect? This is a modded map if that makes any difference..

Thanks

John

Myrddraal
12-16-2004, 09:27
Shouldn't there be a } at the end of the list of buildings and a second one to close the settlment?