PDA

View Full Version : CA: Is there any way to mod the probability of the AI building ships?

Jambo
10-18-2004, 22:06
In MTW, we had access to the AI's build priorities. In RTW, it appears we haven't been afforded that same luxury. IS there any way to mod the AI's tendency to overindulge in shipbuilding?!?

japinard
10-21-2004, 03:35
Yes it is in there, but I don't remember where. I came across it by accident. It had build priotory in the file, so do a text search with that. That file didn't look to mod-friendly though.

Jambo
10-21-2004, 11:27
Really? I've looked everywhere. I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to tell me where this build priorities file is located?

Cheers

japinard
10-21-2004, 11:36
OOPS! I screwed that up. I'm sorry, you can change the cities build priorities but not the unit ones. I'll look for the file, but don't hold your breath. There's so many I've been though...

A few things you can try (let me know your results) :)

1. Up the build cost of the ships and see if the AI builds more land units instead of ships.

2. Decrease the hitpoints so they get sunk faster.

3. Decrease the HP and defense so they get insta-sunk.

Boohugh
10-21-2004, 16:06
I haven't had time to try this yet, but raising the upkeep of the ships as well as the initial cost may help. I think I tried this in MTW to reduce the number of agents instead of altering the build priorities with some success. As I say however, I haven't had time to try so don't know if it will work, but might as well give it a go.

Turbo
10-21-2004, 18:56
OOPS! I screwed that up. I'm sorry, you can change the cities build priorities but not the unit ones. I'll look for the file, but don't hold your breath. There's so many I've been though...

A few things you can try (let me know your results) :)

1. Up the build cost of the ships and see if the AI builds more land units instead of ships.

2. Decrease the hitpoints so they get sunk faster.

3. Decrease the HP and defense so they get insta-sunk.

It won't raise the build cost. In MTW, the build probablity increased with the cost.