PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered RAN from Amazon.com

Didz
02-01-2001, 19:52
Just ordered RAN from Amazon.com and am looking forward to its imminent arrival.

My son and I loved the Seven Samurai which is part of my video collection. My son Simon is only eight and normal won't watch black & white films but got totally hooked by Seven Samurai and insisted on watching it all the way through.

Only problem was I got the job of reading all the sub-titles and even had to immitate the characters voices:-)

Shiro
02-02-2001, 03:25
Seven Samurai is my favorite samurai film of all time!

Tachikaze
02-02-2001, 03:25
If you rent Kagemusha, be careful you don't ruin your voice immitating Ichimonji's grandson!

Minagawa Daimon
02-02-2001, 12:03
Anyone wants to buy a vhs of "Heaven and Earth" which is about the battle of Kawankajima between Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen, its battle scenes are ala braveheart, anyone interested just drop me a note.

Orion12
02-03-2001, 10:18
How much are you selling it for Minagawa? I have seen it before and liked it. Is it just a copy or the actual tape with box?
I am desperate to start a Samurai movie collection and have only got the anime Ninja Scroll so far (AND YES IT COUNTS), I am desperately still trying to find Seven Samurai as well as a few other titles. A lot of people ask me why I don't just order. I don't have a credit card mainly although I usually do money order, but I can never find a place that has it. I tried Amazon.com but they confused me so bad with their policies on money ordering and shipping I just got fed up and decided to look elsewhere.

Slyspy
02-05-2001, 08:42
Ah, thats what it is called! "Heaven and Earth". I saw a bit of it on telly over Xmas, but couldn't remember the title. Thanks.

Don't forget Yojimbo as well.

------------------
"Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

Choco
02-05-2001, 09:03
Throne of Blood is also very cool.

But Ran has the best war scenes I have ever seen.

Minagawa Daimon
02-05-2001, 10:20
obviously you havent seen Heaven and Earth yet http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif