PDA

View Full Version : Kenshin

Katasaki Hirojima
12-29-2000, 09:16
I'm not too familiar with the Meiji era in Japan,well,I'm probably know many times more then most of my peers,but thats besides the point.

I just got done watching the first 2 episodes of Samurai X(I hate dubbed names) and was wondering what was fact and what wasn't.Was there a legenday Hiko?Or is he fictonal?Wasn't there a REAL Kenshin?I'm not usre bout that either.If you know anything,please tell me.

------------------
"I maintain none the less that Yin-Tang Dualism can bo overcome.With sufficent enlightment,we can give substance to any distinction:Mind without body,north without south,pleasure without pain.Renember,enlightment is a function of will power,not of physical strength."-Shang-ji Yang,essays on mind and matter.

Ronin
12-30-2000, 07:27
Hello i love this serie it has allready played here in portugal so i can tell you you are in for a real treat down the road.
as for the your anwser i think that the only caracter that was based on a real man is Saito Hajime, he was an enemy of kenshin during his time as hitokiri battousai but he latter becomes an ally, some of members of the japanese government of the time are also represented.
there are plenty of sites that have more detailed information if you do a search under "rorouni kenshin" (rorouni means wanderer) you should find what you want.
hope this helps!

------------------
"yama yama tani tani"- Oda Nobunaga.
on every montain and in every valley!

BakaGaijin
02-04-2001, 07:49
Ah, Rorouni Kenshin... I just recently got to see the first five episodes (subtitled, thank God) of this series. Great stuff. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

As for a REAL Kenshin... there are probably lots of historical Japanese with that name. The really famous one I think you're referring to is Uesugi Kenshin, the legendary nemesis of Takeda Shingen during the Sengoku Jidai.

Minagawa Daimon
02-06-2001, 11:29
the battle of 4th kawankajima vs takeda shingen and uesugi kenshin ir uesugi kagetora...theres a movie abt it title "Heaven and Earth"