PDA

View Full Version : Faction member fertility variable?

Servius
10-19-2004, 14:02
Has anyone yet found the variable(s) that affect the change for a married male faction member to have a kid? The variable(s) that affect the ability to adopt a Captain would be great to have too. I was just reading a post in the Colloseum about folks running into Gen/Gov problems and factions dying off purely because of low birth rates. It's a problem I've had a lot too: too many cities, too many armies, not enough male faction members.

Can/Has anyone figured out how to increase the birth rate among faction members?

Siebharrin
10-19-2004, 15:17
There is a fertility modifier for those ancilliaries.

for example:
Ancillary wise_woman
Image older_woman_ancillary.tga
ExcludedAncillaries herbalist, doctor, chirugeon
ExcludeCultures carthaginian, eastern, egyptian, greek, roman
Description wise_woman_desc
EffectsDescription wise_woman_effects_desc
Effect Fertility 1
Effect BattleSurgery 10

Servius
10-19-2004, 16:07
Is there one for true family members?

dhague
10-19-2004, 20:05
Look in "\data\export_descr_character_traits.txt" and search on "fertile". While I have not done it yet myself, you should be able to mod the "increment" and "chance" levels on the "triggers" to increase family fertility. As an alternative, if your temple_of_choice does not include fertility you might mod the capabilities of your temple_of_choice to include "fertile". Just some suggestions. Save us all some time and please post your results if you try these suggestions. Good luck and bye

pyhhricvictory
10-19-2004, 22:48
If you are looking to increase fertility immediately, you could add traits to the "famous generals" in the descr_strat file.