PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly General's Hitpoints

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-19-2004, 20:59
Are they moddable? Can they be increased? Is there a limit in HP for any unit?

Lord_Winter
10-19-2004, 22:29
I have heard about 15 Hp being the max...no idea how to mod it unless you put one of the Hp increasing virtues on all generals...doing that should be easy by tweaking their requirement...and since all generals can have near unlimited number of virtues would be no problem...but not a very neat solution....

Thedevil003
10-19-2004, 22:58
Yes, up to 15. Just open up your descr_export_unit file, find the generals unit you want to add more HP to, and adjust the starting health.

khelvan
10-19-2004, 23:09
thedevil003, this gives hit points to the entire unit, not the general himself. The question is really whether the generals/officers have data that we can tweak, or if it is hard coded. Right now the generals have more HP than the other soldiers, but how much is the question, and where can we find/edit the information.

Thedevil003
10-20-2004, 00:23
Oh, I though he meant the unit

JeromeGrasdyke
10-21-2004, 12:55
thedevil003, this gives hit points to the entire unit, not the general himself. The question is really whether the generals/officers have data that we can tweak, or if it is hard coded. Right now the generals have more HP than the other soldiers, but how much is the question, and where can we find/edit the information.

The officers get +1 hp, the general gets +5, and both of these are on top of the unit's hp allowance, so if you increase the general's units hp to 10, the general himself will have 15. This number is hard-coded and so cannot be modded. This is to compensate for the protective behaviour of the bodyguard unit, which is not represented in the 3d battle behaviour.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
10-21-2004, 17:10
The officers get +1 hp, the general gets +5, and both of these are on top of the unit's hp allowance, so if you increase the general's units hp to 10, the general himself will have 15. This number is hard-coded and so cannot be modded. This is to compensate for the protective behaviour of the bodyguard unit, which is not represented in the 3d battle behaviour.
First, I would like to thank you for answering. :bow:

That means that all generals, without counting the V&V stats, will always have 5HP without stats editing?

I mean, if we give all units (General and non-General) +5HP that makes the units have:

- Non-General's units:
Soldiers = [(1)+5]HP = 6HP
Officers = [(1+1)+5]HP = 7HP

- General's units:
Soldiers = [(1)+5]HP = 6HP
General = [(1+5)+5]HP = 11HP

Is that it? :inquisitive:

khelvan
10-21-2004, 23:28
As we have discussed, Aymar, for the benefit of others: what Gerome is saying is that in any unit where a general is present, the general himself will have 5 HP more than the unit. In any unit where an officer is present, the officer will have 1 HP more than the rest of the unit. So if we give the general's unit 10 HP, the soldiers of that unit will all have 10HP and take 10 hits before they die, and the general will have 15 HP.

Please correct me if I am wrong, Jerome.

Also, since we are on the subject, are there hard-coded limits to other unit data? Such as attack factor, defensive skill, and so on? It would be very useful if we could know what these are up front. :)

Thank you very much!

-khel