PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I SEARCH for posts in the Backroom?

Aurelian
10-20-2004, 22:17
:help:

I was trying to search for some posts I'd written in the Tavern's Backroom and didn't have any luck. It seems as if the standard Search ignored the Tavern altogether, and the Advanced Search had NO OPTION to select the Backroom. There is a heading for "Tavern" and "Frontroom", but nothing to allow you to search in the Backroom.

Was this just an oversight when the Tavern was switched to Frontroom/Backroom? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. :bow:

TosaInu
10-21-2004, 10:21
Hello Aurelian,

You may recall that the search caused large problems with the forum and we took some action to minimize these, alternative was no search all or excessive prunning. One of these is that search is disabled in the Tavern.

It's possible that the current search will be replaced by another one. That function has benefits but also disadvantages. The most appearant disadvantage of the other system is that small words are omitted: a search for VI will give zero results. The host has to change settings for that.

The current search is basic in some areas but that may change later.

Hope this explains?

Aurelian
11-02-2004, 02:39
Hi Tosa! Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't been aware of the problems with the search engine. If it was causing big trouble, I guess it made sense to pare it down a bit.

Oh, well. Maybe something better can be developed in the future.

Thanks again.