PDA

View Full Version : Problems with amount of regions

OriginalCheeseSpread
10-20-2004, 20:19
are 50 provinces required for the map to work? I'm trying to make a new map and I've only got 11 regions on it, the map loading screen comes up but when its complete it crashes back to my desktop without any error message. It it because it doens't satisfy the victory conditions of 50 provinces and rome? and if you know how to edit the victory conditions could you you let me know.

thanks

Midnight
10-20-2004, 22:00
No, I currently have a custom map with 33 provinces which works fine. I don't know about all the victory conditions yet - Jerome said he'd get back to us.

Encaitar
10-21-2004, 05:20
I've got a little test campaign with only 3 provinces, it works fine. ~:)

Duke John
10-21-2004, 05:40
OriginalCheeseSpread, your approach is wrong. You made a new map with 11 provinces. It doesn't work so you assume that you need at least 50. How come that you are not assuming that you made a mistake somewhere? I am testing each little chance and back it up if it works. If you do everything at once then expect a CTD and nothing else. If you erase a province you always need to delete those provinces from several text files, did you do that?

Jambo
10-21-2004, 11:31
I'd also like to know how to mod the victory conditions. I find having to conquer 50 provinces excessive and somewhat tedious. Anyone any further with this?