PDA

View Full Version : Funny moments in MP..

Leet Eriksson
10-22-2004, 18:19
What are your Funny moments in RTW MP?

Here is mine, i even saved the replay just incase anyone needs it ~;p :

I was the armenians and was allied to the greeks, the enemies were the SPQR and the Carthaginians, so my ally basically asks for help and i sent all my horse archers to harras the SPQR while i deal with the carthaginians, problem is that carthaginian guy got half of his army hidden in a forest, so i rout his "visible" forces (long shield cav) and kill his general, lucky me a guess, but armenian legionnaires and heavy spearmen are no match to Sacred band and Poeni, combined with my stupidity i mobbed his forces instead of using tactics and he wipes my army off the map.

The funny moment was that i used my remenenant forces to rout the romans and the carthaginians, i used flanking tactics and i charge my 1 man general unit (note: ~;p ) at the carthaginian skirmishers, guess what! they routed ~;p and there was no general so he couldn't rally them, also i used my remaining cat archers to flank roman urban cohorts while the hoplites pinned them and they routed! In the end i got the most kills (900) and i patted myself in the back ~;p

Well it might be not that funny, but check the replay to see what i mean.

If anyone wants the replay just put up your email and i'll send em, also is it possible to upload the file somewhere? i'd like to reduce the hassle so everyone can download it without any trouble.

CBR
10-22-2004, 19:46
Yes sounds like a fun moment alright ~:)

Hm Im putting some pressure on Tosa to get us some space for oploading replays ~D

CBR

Siris
11-01-2004, 15:37
My funniest game was when I fought my 3rd Multiplayer game. Now this may not sound nice, but I was Carthage & he was Julii, with about 2,700 men on the field, me about 600 total.

He had a nice line of legionares, some calvery, and two artillery pieces. I had a nice line of about 80 armorued elephants. Needless to say, within the first 15-20 seconds of the battle, his army was in ruins, it was no longer in any formation, 1/3 of his troops were dead, another 1/3 was being shot to heck by the elephant archers, and the last 1/3 of his forces were either being trampled, thrown in the air, or were routing, or doing all of the above.

He left after about 20 seconds of game play, I continued on, and in the end lost like 80 men to over 2,600+ of his men lost. Only one of his men escaped. lol! ~:cool:

Funney, or just plain wrong?

Puzz3D
11-01-2004, 17:14
If what you are looking for is some goofball fun, it's fine. Those of us that wanted a serious game are out of luck.

Emperor[1G]
11-02-2004, 07:58
Until then, feel free to upload them HERE (http://www.1greborn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82) as we have already detailed off 1gig worth of space for it. We will take some of the better ones and put them with audio commentaries from time to time.

CBR
11-02-2004, 12:35
Hm I guess no one noticed my other post but you can now upload replays here on Org: http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Uploaders/RTWReplay.php

CBR

Siris
11-02-2004, 14:53
Will do. ~:) Will just have to take a break from single player, go fight my Uncle, will save the replay's if their good. ~;)

Emperor[1G]
11-02-2004, 19:34
sorry no, didn't see it. i withdraw my offer then, since there is no need :)

CBR
11-02-2004, 19:41
No need to apologise ~:) As long as players have some place to find replays all is fine.

You're still doing the audio for replays?

CBR

Puzz3D
11-02-2004, 20:36
Emperor,

I listened to one of your audio commentaries for an RTW replay, and it was a lot of fun. You did a very nice job of commentary, but the game moves at such breakneck speed that you had to talk as fast as possible and still couldn't keep up with the action. The speed detracts from the game for me.

CBR, Krypta and I played a 1v1v1 with huge units just to test the lag. The lag was bad, but the battle turned out to be a lot of fun. CBR with a massive phalanx line, me with a ton of archer units and some cav, and Krypta with a more or less balanced army. The fun came in from us vying for position and taking jabs at each other without exposing ourselves to attack from the 3rd guy while at the same time trying to take advantage of our particular army types. If the lag wasn't so bad, I would upload that battle.

Voigtkampf
11-02-2004, 21:50
Same here. Great 2vs2 fight the other night, largest possible units and 50000 (!!!) denarii available for shopping; the host said it was a test, but we went on and fought the game for one and a half hour, ending in a decisive victory and my ally. Lagged as hell, but it was fun at the same time. :charge: :duel: :charge:

I’m so sorry I missed the heyday of the Medieval online battles… :bigcry:

Emperor[1G]
11-03-2004, 08:53
I have several bulleted out for recording, mainly clan battles. I have been waiting to post them since we have other material going up recently, didn't want to overload people all at once. Look for another by Thursday :)
Sent an email to Tosa Inu about a Shoutcast/Audio affiliation, but never heard back. Ah well.

Siris
11-04-2004, 04:55
Multiplayer is fun, but man, its no where near the complexity & depth of the Campagin! My Spartan one is so freaking fun! All bown down to the city of Sparta, Capital of the Spartan Empire, the world assassinator of Romans... heh!

Puzz3D
11-04-2004, 14:08
Multiplayer is fun, but man, its no where near the complexity & depth of the Campagin!
That's because the complexity and depth of the tactics has deteriorated in RTW. Play a mod for MTW/VI or even play WE/MI v1.02 for better tactical depth in multiplayer. Also, the RTW SP campaign plays better if you auto-resolve all the tactical battles because of the deficient tactical AI.

Siris
11-04-2004, 16:05
Not true on my PC. I've fought, that every auto resolve I almost always lose, and if I win I have horrible losses.

But if I go & fight it personally, I find that I win every time just about, and have minimal losses, and the killed enemies is much much greater. :bow:

Puzz3D
11-04-2004, 17:16
Not true on my PC. I've fought, that every auto resolve I almost always lose, and if I win I have horrible losses. But if I go & fight it personally, I find that I win every time just about, and have minimal losses, and the killed enemies is much much greater. :bow:
That's the reason you shouldn't fight the battles. The campaign is more challenging if you auto-resolve the battles. You can move multiple armies into position without worrying about the tactical AI throwing away your reinforcement army, and you may have to rely more on diplomacy, assassins and spys to win. You also need a good economy to be able to replace your battlefield losses.

Siris
11-05-2004, 03:17
I would chat more about it, but this is the Multiplayer boards. ~;)