PDA

View Full Version : Adding Provinces ?

Lord_Winter
10-23-2004, 15:06
I've just begun to experiment with the camapign map on a small scale...my long term goals being adding a dozen or so provinces I feel missing...in the orginal game...

I know a few of the modders on this forum already are way past this creating thier own campaign maps...however I can nowhere find a guide or howtoo add a province to the game...just which files must be eddited and if there are any pitfalls (and their must be since my tries most often result in CTD)...

fenir
10-23-2004, 15:20
Lord Winter, I am in the process of writing a Howto, on adding provinces and cities in the game. Started it last night after i couldn't sleep.

I added Corsica as a province. Just was the most obvious choice, being an island et cetera.

So if you want to wait a week, as i go through it all and write it down?

PS: yeah I had problems to, but I pinched a little information for overs webbies and here, tried more things, hey presto. haven't played it any longer than 15 years though.

fenir

Lord_Winter
10-23-2004, 15:27
O sure one could wait a week...

However my guess is that I could have made it by then...the hard way...

alpaca
10-23-2004, 16:39
Essentially, you will have to change map_regions.tga, radar_map1.tga, radar_map2.tga, descr_strat.txt and descr_regions.txt in the world/maps/campaign and world/maps/base dirs
imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlements.txt in /text
if you want mercs, descr_mercenaries.txt

I think that should be about it.

Lord_Winter
10-23-2004, 17:39
Just what I wanted to know...