PDA

View Full Version : Rome Total War Cheat unlocker

Finn
10-25-2004, 13:56
Further to my previous thread here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38029)

I now give you the Cheat unlocker patch.

this removes the once per game run limit aswell as unlocking the "restricted cheats" that are in Rome but disabled,

The patch requires the .NET runtimes, if you dont have them you will need to get them from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Unfortunately the patch will only work on the NO-CD version of the game, i leave it up to the enterprising reader to work out how to get that, i wont give out any links and i certainly wont send the file, so there is no good PM'ing me.

The patch will only work if you have the correct version of the executable, it supports version 1.0 and 1.1.

Note: I do not condone piracy and i dont agree with it, this patch will on no grounds allow you to get around the copy protection on Rome: Total War, what it will do is patch the already cracked version, once again you will have to find that for yourself.

Get the patch here (http://www.digitalprophecies.com/RTW_Cheat_Enabler.rar)

And the full list of the Cheats that the patch unlocks :

toggle_tow : shows/hides the tabbed output window
add_money : adds an amount of money to a faction's coffers, can be negative, default is player faction
add_population : adds an amount of population to a settlement, can be negative
move_character , : moves named character to position on campaign map
auto_win : the attacker or defender wins the next autoresolved battle
create_unit : creates one or more units of the specified type
toggle_fow : toggles the fog of war on or off
toggle_restrictcam : toggles camera restrictions on or off
give_ancillary : gives the character an ancillary
give_trait : gives the character a trait at level (default = level 1)
process_cq : Completes all (possible) construction pending in queue
character_reset : resets the character back to it's start of turn settings
show_cursorstat : shows the cursor position and region id
bestbuy : sells units cheaper
oliphaunt : the biggest around
jericho : and the walls came a-tumblin' down
write_ui_cache: writes out the ui texture cache to disk
toggle_terrain : toggles the terrain to display various data sets, no param resets to normal
give_trait_points : gives the character points for trait
list_traits : lists all the available traits
list_ancillaries : lists all the available ancillaries
mp : gives the character movement points
list_characters : lists all the characters in the world or those belonging to a faction
show_landings : shows the landing positions available to the ai from a given region, default hides them
filter_coastlines : applies filter to world map coastlines
toggle_coastlines : toggles strategy map coastline display
set_building_health : sets health of a building of the specified type (eg core_building) in a settlement, so that the final health percentage is as specified; for building chains see export_descr_building.txt
ai_turn_speed : sets the maximum speed of turn processing during the ai round
amdb_min : sets aerial map overlay depth bias for min zoom
amdb_max : sets aerial map overlay depth bias for max zoom
amdb_offset : sets aerial map overlay offset towards camera
zoom : zooms to specified aerial map zoom
set_ranking_interval : sets the denominator of the faction ranking graph interval which is calculated as (number_of_turns / denominator). If set to 0, then the denominator will be set to number_of_turns, giving an interval of 1
regenerate_radar: Does what it says on the tin
adjust_sea_bed : adjusts whole sea bed to specified height
reload_shaders : reloads all vertex shaders
reload_textures : reloads all textures
toggle_perfect_spy : toggles everyone's spying ability to perfect and infinite range, and off again
building_debug: toggles building debug mode. TAB to toggle view modes, RIGHT SHIFT-TAB to reset mode, LEFT SHIFT-TAB to go back modes. G damages mouse-over building. P displays plaza.
reset_display: Forces a display_close(); display_open() display reset cycle
toggle_underlay:
toggle_overlay:
process_rq : Completes all (possible) recruitment pending in queue
force_diplomacy : Forces the negotiator to accept or decline a proposition
diplomatic_stance : Set the diplomatic stance between the two factions
shadow
ie
invulnerable_general : makes that named general invulnerable in battle
test_ancillary_localisation: adds all ancillary to the character info display. Ancillaries aren't actually added to the character
perf_times: Toggle display of simple performance times of game update vs display
burn_piggies_burn : ignite all the piggy winks
test_message: Test the event message specified in descr_event_enums.txt
show_terrain_lines : display defensive terrain features
message_collation_set: Set the message collation on or off (sets all factions)',0
show_all_messages: Show all messages to all factions (on/off)
clear_messages: Clear all the current stacked messages
puppify_my_love
reapply_rigid_model_influence
toggle_flowing_water: toggles display of campaign map flowing water
nw_stats: toggles display of network stats.
toggle_pr: toggles pr mode.
list_units : lists all of the units in an army, with details.
victory : show victory message for faction for short or long campaign.
trigger_advice: triggers an advice thread
damage_wall : Damage wall of settlement. Forces 40% damage to a random gatehouse and a nearby straight section. Destroys gatehouse if 'gate' parameter present; breaches wall if 'breach' present'
test_victory_scroll : 'Opens up the victory scroll declaring that the given faction is the victor
date : changes the campaign date to the given year
season : changes the campaign season to the given season
upgrade_effect : triggers unit upgrade effect
force_battle_victory : forces the local player's alliance to win the battle, completely destroying the enemy alliance
force_battle_defeat : forces the local player's alliance to win the battle, completely destroying the enemy alliance
output_unit_positions : output the positions of all units in the battle to the specified file
show_battle_paths : show all valid processed paths in the pathfinder
show_battle_paths_for_unit : show all valid processed paths in the pathfinder for a specific unit given a unit id
show_battle_street_plan : show the street plan for the settlement
show_battle_marker : display a marker at (x, y) for t seconds
show_battle_circle : display a circle at (x, y) of r radius for t seconds
diplomacy_mission : creates a diplomacy mission
event : creates an event at position
kill_character : kills a character with the given name
control : switches player control to specified faction; old faction may not act correctly as ai faction
create_building : creates a building of the specified type in a settlement; for building level id's see export_descr_building.txt
capture_settlement : evicts any resident characters and armies and gives the settlement to the local player
disable_ai : disables the ai, so that it does nothing
halt_ai : halts the turn sequence just before the start of the specified faction's turn, or the current faction if no faction given
run_ai : re-starts an ai turn sequence after disableai or haltai has been triggered

Kraellin
10-25-2004, 19:29
i'll add to this and say that i'm the guinea pig that finn used to test this on another's computer.... and it worked.

the caveat to this is that microsoft in its infinite something or other, tells you on one of their pages that to get just the runtimes for the .net framework you have to use windows update, but when you use windows update you actually get the entire .net framework thing of 23 megs. that wouldnt be so bad, but, it also changed at least one thing on my xp machine. i now have to actually log in to windows where this was automatic before. and this is one of the things i dislike about microsoft products. you get one thing and it wants to change 6 others. this might seem like a small thing, changing my login, and it is, but it also makes me VERY suspicious of other possible changes.

at any rate, on my xp machine, finn's patch worked flawlessly. i can now cheat to my heart's content without having to reboot the game each time. i also have NOT tested to see if i can still log into multiplayer and play a game, so be aware of that possibility also. and for those that think cheats are, well, cheats; these particular cheats make it very easy to set up various scenarios without having to mod the game or files.

so, thanks finn :)

K.

Sebastian Seth
10-25-2004, 22:15
@Kraellin
There is a function in WinXp called autologin, it apears that this has been
disabled by the download you did make. I'm not sure where it can be
enabled (I use tweaking program), but i'm quite sure it can be done.

Kraellin
10-25-2004, 23:18
sebastian,

thanks. sorta figured you could, since that's how this machine was set up. i've got x-teq. i'll try with that or maybe tweakui would do it.

K.

dj jones
10-29-2004, 01:49
you dont need to install any other win updates except the net framework - dont go to windows update as you say in the previous post

go to

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

this is the redistributle, .net only update.

hope this helps

dj jones
10-29-2004, 02:37
guys -

have you tested commands, such as invulnerable_general?

I use the list_characters seleucid to get a list of all my characters. works fine. when i try to use invulnerable general, though, i constantly get 'err command.'

have tried it with and without quotes around the names (have tried every name in my list - no dice). have tried it with and without my empire name first and second

what is the syntax for that command? and do you have a syntax listing for others? (help or ? doesnt seem to work in romeshell)

thanks

Finn
10-31-2004, 20:21
guys -

have you tested commands, such as invulnerable_general?

I use the list_characters seleucid to get a list of all my characters. works fine. when i try to use invulnerable general, though, i constantly get 'err command.'

have tried it with and without quotes around the names (have tried every name in my list - no dice). have tried it with and without my empire name first and second

what is the syntax for that command? and do you have a syntax listing for others? (help or ? doesnt seem to work in romeshell)

thanks

that command needs to be done from the battle map, not the campagn map

oh and the help works as a prefix

eg to get help on invulnerable_general do
?invulnerable_general in the romeShell window in a battle screen

Tabaxus
11-06-2004, 19:23
The rar file you have listed here doesn't seem to have the rome.patches file in it at all.

Spartiate
11-06-2004, 19:58
I've tried this out and it's very usefull.Good work senor.
Is there a way to give money to another faction in-game by the way.I've tried using the add_money cheat to give money to some of the other factions but it tells me that the faction cannot be found.Actually i've only tried it to help prop up Carthage(the real weakling of the game).

cohort
11-06-2004, 21:35
ei! I got the .net file and installed it but it seems that the cheat enabler when i run it only this message comes up: "unable to load patches file".
HELP!!! how did you do it spartiate? :help: ~:confused:

cohort
11-06-2004, 21:40
where can i get the correct no-cd patch anyways?... ver 1.1 at that.
can somebody post a link or sumthin? puhleez? :embarassed:

Finn
11-06-2004, 21:40
The rar file you have listed here doesn't seem to have the rome.patches file in it at all.

i have just downloaded the rar and checked it to make sure

4 files in there

CheatList.txt 7,390 bytes
Instructions.txt 190 bytes
Rome.Patches 1,013 bytes
RTWCheatPatch.exe 32,768 bytes

so the files are definately in the rar file

barocca
11-06-2004, 22:03

i am uncertain of what program is being used to create the latest rar archives but it is NOT compatible with xAce
(i have noticed this problem with a lot of rar downloads lately)

grab a trial version of WinRar and the files can then be extracted from the archive.

B.

Tabaxus
11-06-2004, 22:26
Thanks, that took care of my issue.

cohort
11-07-2004, 04:12
THANKS A LOT YOU GUYS!!! YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!! ~:cheers: ~:)

eeyoredragon
11-09-2004, 00:45
Hm... Why aren't there a cheat to reduced squalor? That seems to be the biggest issue...

Spartiate
11-09-2004, 21:10
Sorry Cohort i havent been back to this thread in a few days.I always use winrar rather than ace or zip so i probably wouldnt have noticed a problem with the .net framework.Everything went really smoothly for me first time(and THAT is a first believe me) but i still havent figured out how to enter some of the cheats.I really only want to use them on other factions at the start of the campaign for increased difficulty as i am sick to death of modding the campaign before every new campaign.

snp795
11-10-2004, 01:20
how do u open the cheat unlocker or what do you use to open it :help:

URPLUMCRAZY
11-13-2004, 02:22
Just so you know ..... If your computer starts different after you d/l the .net frame and the unlock patch then go to your account users folder ...."start" -"control panel" - "user accounts" and you will find a new account with limited acess just delete it ..... :charge: so far no one I have pointed it out to seems to think it is a hack so just delete it and your putter will start the way it did before. I found it after the mod here said his started different and so did mine. :knight:

URPLUMCRAZY
11-13-2004, 02:26
Hm... Why aren't there a cheat to reduced squalor? That seems to be the biggest issue... use the add_population command with a "-" in front and take people away and that will end squalor

tombom
11-14-2004, 17:31
Anyone going to make this for proper 1.1?

BrutalB2
11-14-2004, 18:32
When I try to use the patch it says:

Opening file C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe
File fails checksum check

Then it stops. Help??

Anestus
11-16-2004, 06:15
I have the correct patch, I also have all the files to your .exe

However when I rune it in the directory it says

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

and does not fix the game.... perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Anestus
11-16-2004, 06:18
Perhaps I am running it from a bad location. I tried to place it in the actual directory named temp in the RTW directories, but that did not work, so I tried to just run it strait from my desktop, and then strait in the RTW directory, all to no avail.... it would be rather nice for a hint in the right direction.

Anestus
11-16-2004, 06:26
Ok i think i have it figured out, nevermind

URPLUMCRAZY
11-17-2004, 10:30
I have the correct patch, I also have all the files to your .exe

However when I rune it in the directory it says

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

and does not fix the game.... perhaps I am doing something wrong? ........ That is the code you get if you not d/l'd .net frame from windows update. :charge:

Finn
11-19-2004, 20:25
When I try to use the patch it says:

Opening file C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe
File fails checksum check

Then it stops. Help??

you dont have the correct executable, your probably trying to patch the non-no-cd version

snp795
11-21-2004, 04:53
where can u get the correct exutable for the game :help:

Finn
11-21-2004, 10:20
where can u get the correct exutable for the game :help:

someone has written a pretty good guide of exactly what you need to do here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9567&st=120)

its about half way down the page

Tenikov
11-26-2004, 05:40
It says:

"Unable to load patches files"

I have .NET Framework v1.1
and all the neccessary changes
with RELOADED patches, etc.

It doesn't work...
:help:

Finn
11-28-2004, 17:30
It says:

"Unable to load patches files"

I have .NET Framework v1.1
and all the neccessary changes
with RELOADED patches, etc.

It doesn't work...
:help:

have you extracted everything from the .rar file to the same folder? there should be 4 files in total include a .exe and a rome.patches file.

apparently some people have tried using winace to extract the rar archive and ti doesnt extract correctly, use winrar to do so.

Mati90
12-03-2004, 11:50
create_unit : creates one or more units of the specified type

Mati90
12-03-2004, 11:53
create_unit : creates one or more units of the specified type.. I want to use this cheat but how? it wants me to write unit_id but where can I get unit_id ? when I type Cataphract it says that this is wrong..

can somebody delete my last post?

Tenikov
12-04-2004, 01:29
Awesome!
Thanks for the help Finn!
~D

Grub
12-05-2004, 07:39
Hey ah.. Link is broken.

Grub
12-05-2004, 07:40
Oops, nevermind.

Spartiate
12-08-2004, 17:40
Once again great work with the unlocker Finn.I find it very useful for editing the factions at the beginning of a game.
I have a question for everyone here and i hope someone can answer me.
In Romeshell i give traits to a single named character by typing this

give_trait Leukon Intelligent 3

Romeshell with the unlocker cheat recognises this and gives Leukon the appropriate virtue at the correct level.Excellent you say.
Now how do i enter names such as these two i will mention now.

Gaius Scipio
Cleitus of Sparta

No matter what manner i have tried to use to enter these names the Romeshell tells me it cannot find the characters.Does anyone know how to resolve this.If so could you please type it on the screen in your reply exactly as you would in the Romeshell.
Thanks in advance.

therother
12-08-2004, 17:59
Gaius Scipio - not sure of this one, perhaps "Gaius Scipio"
Cleitus of Sparta - Ah, this one I do know: "Cleitus of_Sparta"

e.g give_trait "Cleitus of_Sparta" Intelligent 3

Spartiate
12-08-2004, 23:28
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thank you senor.May all your divorces be resolved in your favour.Kidding.Thanks for the help mate. ~:cheers:

BmXer
12-09-2004, 07:15
ya, i had the same probelm as somone already in this forum but he seemed to figure it out, wheneve ri try to open the file it says - The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. Any help would be nice. :help:

hoggy
12-09-2004, 09:56
Hi folks, where can i get the no- cd patch again? had it once but can't find it now.

therother
12-09-2004, 12:47
I'm afraid no one can answer your question here:

Posts containing addresses of warez sites or anything piracy-related; note that this includes "hacks" designed to enable Shogun: Total War or Medieval: Total War to run without a CD. The administration is aware of the fact that some use a "no-CD hack" for the perfectly legal purpose of enchancing their system performance, but we feel that the possible illegal benefits from these hacks outweight the legal ones. Anything pertaining to software piracy is in general highly discouraged.

Flatulus Maximus
12-09-2004, 15:20
Wow! All I can say guys is thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm not sure what all the Netfix download did, but my comp, a 1.5g AMD is now running like a 3.5g machine! The game runs at triple speed! This was a very sweet bonus in addition to unlocking the absurd cheat restrictions.

For the record, I did lay out the $39.95 for the official RTW at Bestbuy, so I can enjoy the game with a clear conscience, but I'm glad for the no CD crack version.

Thank you all again.

BmXer
12-09-2004, 17:19
I ahve the same problem as somone else, but since he seemed to figure it out on his own, i decided to ask the question agian. Why does this happen? what did i do wrong? :help:

Finn
12-15-2004, 18:49
I ahve the same problem as somone else, but since he seemed to figure it out on his own, i decided to ask the question agian. Why does this happen? what did i do wrong? :help:

you probably havent installed the .NET runtimes from microsoft's site, look earlier in this topic to see how

The_678
01-09-2005, 21:45
How do you get the Create_unit cheat to work? I've tried what I think to be everything: create_unit Phraaspa east_heavy_cataphract create_unit Phraaspa east heavy cataphract create_unit Phraaspa Cataphract

Has anybody gotten this cheat to work? And if so where do I find the unit_id

ShadowStriker
01-25-2005, 02:09
i cant install it because its a "patch" where do i get the first version? (not patch)

Mgmkid4life
01-26-2005, 06:45
Can Anybody help me? im having trouble with the no cd crack, I have the Framework, and i have the .Rar file, what do i do next?

Dhampir
01-26-2005, 21:10
With this requiring the .net framework, that means that it's a no-go with Win98, yes?

nixus
01-27-2005, 02:57
Totally, completely, and utterly awesome! Thank you so much for making a great game even greater!

Duke John
01-27-2005, 06:54
The high amount of posters with 1 or 2 posts makes me suspect of people abusing the cheat.

Topic closed.