PDA

View Full Version : Why is CA dragging their feet on the plugin?

Turin
10-26-2004, 05:08
Okay, before this game was released, CA was all hyping about how easy it was going to be to mod and all. Well it's been more than a month now and they still have not released a plugin for 3D max, I mean WTF! Vercingetroix has been an angel but he is still human and the animations are still out of reach amoung other things... I just don't see why CA is slow on a release... I mean it only helps the sales right?

I remember more than a year ago when Relic released Homeworld 2. Now those dudes were cool, they release this huge mod pack with the game that had EVERYTHING plus instructions! For the first few months, most of our questions regarding modding were answered on the forums by the developers themselves or those who really really knew their stuff. Nothing was out of reach for editing. So even with a small fan base, there have been so many mods, including one awesome total conversion that came out in like less than 6 months! I bet there's at least a few people who bought HW2 just to play the Starwars total conversion mod...

CA do you all ever listen to us? I feel like Job calling out to God...

Midnight
10-26-2004, 08:07
I think you should give them a little more time - the rate at which the modding community has 'mobilised' to mod this game is phenominal; as you said, the game's been out about a month.

CA, meanwhile, have their post-product holiday, then bug fixes (primary importance), balance changes, work on the expansion pack, and also releasing this.

I'm sure the vast majority of us would love the various tools to be released now, but give CA a little more leeway.