PDA

View Full Version : Your First 100 Days Forecast?

Adrian II
10-27-2004, 11:42
I'd be interested to know what people think either candidate will do after November 2nd if (re)elected. What would be George Bush' policies for the next 100 days if he won? And what would be Kerry's policies, or policy changes, as of January 2005 if he were elected? What personnel changes would we see - who'll replace Powell, who'll replace Rumsfeld, etcetera? Is Kerry going to appoint Joe Biden as Foreign Secretary? Has Cheney got a second Rumsfeld up his sleave to take care of Defense? What would happen in American policy with regard to Iraq, Europe, China, WTO, etcetera? Fiscal policy, social policies, moral issues like gay marriage and abortion, appointments to the Supreme Court?

In short: what'll give after November 2nd?

Please don't jam this thread with flames against either candidate. There's enough of that already. And let's have real forecasts, no wishful thinking.

monkian
10-27-2004, 13:27
I think in todays climate it really impossible to acurately predict 'what will happen'

el_slapper
10-27-2004, 14:03
Well, November & December will be lawyer's time. After..... Well, impossible to say. Bush might continue as he currently does(while not sure), but Kerry is as forecastable as an earthquake.

TinCow
10-27-2004, 14:30
For both Bush and Kerry:

The economy will continue to improvely slowly enough to count as 'improvement' without actually helping anyone. Iraq will continue to be a major screw up. Most Americans still won't be able to name the Prime Minister of Canada.

Idaho
10-27-2004, 15:25
For both Bush and Kerry:

The economy will continue to improvely slowly enough to count as 'improvement' without actually helping anyone. Iraq will continue to be a major screw up. Most Americans still won't be able to name the Prime Minister of Canada.

You are far too optimistic ~:joker:

Parmenio
10-27-2004, 16:08
If Bush: Iran and Syria get the honour of being liberated next. US deficit plunges over the event horizon. Coke Cola sponsers your child's high school education.

If Kerry: US remains in Iraq until an opportunity for honourable withdrawl arises then bugs out. US deficit returns slowly to manageable proportions. Pepsi Cola sponsers your child's high school eduction.

Spino
10-27-2004, 16:22
For both Bush and Kerry:

Canada has a Prime Minister??? :inquisitive: ~:eek:

Surely you can't be serious?

Thoros of Myr
10-27-2004, 17:25
Most Americans still won't be able to name the Prime Minister of Canada.

You expect me to know the leaders of every little country in Africa?
~:confused:

Lemur
10-27-2004, 18:47
Most Americans still won't be able to name the Prime Minister of Canada.
Canada has a prime minister? I thought they had a sultan or a queen or something. Aren't they amish? Well, color me confused.

First 100 days: Fire. Locusts. Rivers run red. C.H.U.D.s emerge from the sewers. Mass atavism. Soccer moms go cannibal, NASCAR dads go feral.

Then it gets really bad. Aliens land and bring Gah! to the masses at gunpoint. Xaphrod's "army of liberation" takes all gorgeous women to pleasure domes on Neptune. Both Kerry and Bush rule as co-consuls, and every American over 14 is drafted into the alien legion.

Then it gets worse. Giant moles combine forces with space spiders and civil war erupts. Bulgaria takes over the E.U. and Croatia gets the financial portfolio. Everyone is forced to drive a Yugo.

I'd go on, but I can't type through my tears. Sic transit gloria mundi!

monkian
10-27-2004, 18:51
lol - very good ~;)

Teutonic Knight
10-27-2004, 20:35
Canada has a prime minister? I thought they had a sultan or a queen or something. Aren't they amish? Well, color me confused.

First 100 days: Fire. Locusts. Rivers run red. C.H.U.D.s emerge from the sewers. Mass atavism. Soccer moms go cannibal, NASCAR dads go feral.

Then it gets really bad. Aliens land and bring Gah! to the masses at gunpoint. Xaphrod's "army of liberation" takes all gorgeous women to pleasure domes on Neptune. Both Kerry and Bush rule as co-consuls, and every American over 14 is drafted into the alien legion.

Then it gets worse. Giant moles combine forces with space spiders and civil war erupts. Bulgaria takes over the E.U. and Croatia gets the financial portfolio. Everyone is forced to drive a Yugo.

OH WOW!!! That's comic genius right there!!! If that would fit in my sig it would go there! :laugh4: ROFLMAO!!! :laugh4:

Spino
10-27-2004, 21:10

Hah! The possibility of that happening is about as great as the Red Sox winning a World Series... No, wait! It can't be.... it's not possible!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

:end: ~:eek: :dizzy2: :help:

Longshanks
10-27-2004, 21:56
Under either candidate a major offensive is launched on Fallujah. Zarqawi is probably killed or captured. When the city falls, either one will claim credit for having broken the back of the terrorists in Iraq.

Goofball
10-27-2004, 23:46
If Kerry wins:

1) He goes hat in hand to a Republican controlled congress to ask for the billions of additional $$ he will need to clean up the Iraqi quagmire that Bush is responsible for.

3) Congress denies him the $$ he is asking for.

4) The troops in Iraq remain underequiped and understrength to do the job, and the country spirals further into chaos.

5) Kerry spends his entire four year term trying to pry the U.S. out of a Republican made mess.

6) In 2008, the Republican Presidential candidate wins by a landslide by running an attack campaign which focuses on Kerry's inability to successfully withdraw from Iraq.

If Bush wins:

1) He demands of the Republican controlled congress the billions of additional $$ he will need to clean up the Iraqi quagmire that he is responsible for.

2) Congress writes him a blank cheque.

3) Bush pisses more and more $$ and lives away and Iraq doesn't get any better.

4) He bows to political unrest at home and pulls out early.

5) Fundamentalist strongmen set up a Taliban-like regime in Iraq to fill the power vacuum.

Adrian II
10-28-2004, 00:04
Hey Goofball, thanks, you're the first to come up with some real answers. I was about to give up on this thread because nobody seemed capable of thinking ahead of today's 'talking points'.

Your answer made me think of author Niall Ferguson. He says that the root cause of America's present 'imperial over-stretch' is not its tendency to get involved in irresponsible wars and other overseas commitments, but it's moral and fiscal conservatism which paralyzes the Executive and makes it impossible to follow through on such interventions and commitments.

ichi
05-30-2005, 06:57
I dredged up this thread from last October, pre-US presidential election, where folks offered predictions of the first 100 days under Bush or Kerry.

Although most were humorous, Longshanks predicted the fighting in Fallujah.

Jujst thought it might be interesting to follow up on predictions made in old threads. I think I'll rummage through the files to see if there are other credibility-building/damaging prognostications in there

ichi :bow: