PDA

View Full Version : Adding hidden resources

GonzoDave
10-29-2004, 17:31
Does anyone know how to modify hidden resources(such as the one that limits Spartans to Sparta and Syracuse)? I'm trying to make a mod that adds new auxilliaries and makes their availability linked to geographical position - Romans will be able to recruit Numidian cavalry in ex Numidian cities, peltasts in former Greek territory, Nubian spearmen in Egypt and Praetorians and Urban Cohorts will be limited to Italy.

alpaca
10-29-2004, 18:11
Erm... I think you edit in export_descr_buildings.txt the 7th line by changing "hidden resources sparta" to "hidden resources sparta, resource1, resource2, ..." then add the requirement to your unit recruitment line (requires factions {blah, } and hidden_resource resourceX), then you edit descr_regions.txt in your campaign folder by adding resourceX in the resource line of your destined region for that resource.

Basileios
11-02-2004, 20:05
@GonzoDave

Do you allready have the Realism 3.0 Mod? You can spare yourself much work!

@alpaca
I tried to some days ago, but didn´t work... The reason may be, that I made
the change in a running camgagne... But other changes did work...

Sinner
11-02-2004, 20:47
There's a how-to guide in this (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=38403) thread.

Basileios
11-02-2004, 23:22
@Sinner

That´s it! Thanks a lot!

Sinner
11-03-2004, 10:55
I finally returned to playing around with hidden resources last night and found that there's a limit of 64 currently allowed by the game engine.

Since we can have far more provinces than that - I believe it's over 200 - that means we can't have province specific units for every province without limiting their numbers, instead having to group provinces by faction, culture, terrain and/or other common features with the occasional restricted hidden resource like Rome or Sparta.