PDA

View Full Version : Middle Earth: Total War Mod

Lonely Soldier
10-30-2004, 05:55
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a Lord of the Rings/ Silmarillion mod for Rome: Total War. I had already given this some thought based on my expectations before Rome was released and now think that even more could be done! If anyone is interested I would be quite happy to send out some documents to them. So far I have mapped out some basic ideas on factions, provinces and potential eras for campaign games (LotR only at this stage). Please note that I do not have much (any, if I'm honest) experience in the purely practical side of modding (3d modelling, texturing etc.) but I do think I have something to offer in terms of organisation and planning. I think Rome has huge potential for this sort of mod and I have seen how a dedicated team can outdo even a professional developer (Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942 etc.), and with this in mind I think we could easily beat the pitiful attempts at LotR strategy games that we have seen so far - Battle for Middle Earth and the War of the Ring. Well that's enough from me.

I hope to here from any interested party soon ~:) .

jtchris
10-30-2004, 07:37
See http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?showforum=31 (http://) - looks like some nice stuff going on there.

-Jeff

Lonely Soldier
10-31-2004, 09:00
Thanks for the link jeff!

Lonely Soldier
11-01-2004, 07:44
I have had a look at the mods already in progress, and they look good for what they are trying to do. However my initial comment is still open to response! I would rather start a new mod and have some healhy competition with the people already working on seperate LotR mods. Just so there's no confusion here I am a rampant LotR fan!!!

As ever I await responses!

Lonely Soldier

Renown
11-09-2004, 06:02
I would possibly be interested, though I must say my experience in modding relies soley with text files, and at that, its mostly me throwing things together and seeing what works and what doesn't.

If you had other members who could model etc, I may be interested in helping out.

I, too, feel that one mod should not mean others stop existing.

Lonely Soldier
11-10-2004, 07:44
Thanks for the reply,

I can only hope that other interested people (modellers, texturers etc.) respond!